GDT: Game #16|Sat., Nov. 9, 2013|Oilers at Flyers |1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadFerIt95*

I know you guys have had troubles with scoring but what about defence? Has there been loads of turnovers and/or bad positional plays by defenders?

Definitely, but Mason has bailed them out for the most part this season. The defensemen on this team aren't very good to begin with, so we cant really expect too much out of them. No excuses for the offense though, they have been pathetic all season except for the game vs the Islanders

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Ughhh... Don't trade Couts, Holmgren. Needs to be Hartnell, Simmonds or Schenn before Couts.

With Giroux in a slump, there's rumors all over the place about moving him. Really, really doubt he gets traded. That said, I'm done for the season if he is.

Think the Oilers would take Mez? All this supposed showcasing, someones got to have interest..

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Ughhh... Don't trade Couts, Holmgren. Needs to be Hartnell, Simmonds or Schenn before Couts.

With Giroux in a slump, there's rumors all over the place about moving him. Really, really doubt he gets traded. That said, I'm done for the season if he is.

Think the Oilers would take Mez? All this supposed showcasing, someones got to have interest..

Absolutely done for the season is G is traded.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Giroux for Eberle makes no sense. is that a real rumor? lol

I don't think so.

Christ TSN Winnipeg talking about their struggles, and they just said thank god there is the Flyers :cry:

That is like Rocky Dennis telling me I look funny !

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Edmonton have given up the most goals in the league, but I bet the Flyers make Dubnyk look like a Vezina winner tomorrow.

chromemaro

Jul 12, 2007
I think we win this one.

We better because these games are a chore to watch. They are less entertaining than 2006-2007
ugh.

MadFerIt95*

I think we win this one.

We better because these games are a chore to watch. They are less entertaining than 2006-2007
ugh.

The 2006-07 team was just more injury bitten than anything, still not a very good team but would have been better if they were healthy. This team just flat out BLOWS

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The only thing I have seen about Couts being traded was on friggin gather...

It was a Leafs fan, and said giving Liles (who he described as a 'quality NHL defenceman') for him would solve both teams problems. (as he said the Flyers really need D... which while we do has not been the biggest problem so far... though I imagine it will be at some point.)

Because Liles has more of a defensive influence on a game than Couts...

Yeh... credible source. The problem is I just saw that people are now quoting that source and writing more articles on it!

Not saying Couts could not be traded for the right price... but the rumour that seemingly started this was the deluded thought of a Maple Leafs fan with no links to any actual Hockey insiders.

Yeah, these are the kinds of "trash for treasure" offers that keep me from the Trades & Rumours board (unless I'm really bored). I like the usual addendum: this helps both teams – it addresses my favourite team's need and it helps your team because I say it does.

I must admit that Liles' name has popped up in my mind, as he at least used to be a good PMD, though is undersized and mostly defense-phobic. A return of Couturier, however, is insane and, given Liles' cap hit, the Leafs wouldn't be getting the relief they desire from the equally cap-tight Flyers.

Last edited:

MadFerIt95*

Bryz may be going to Edmonton.... it would be great if he were to do so and play tomorrow haha

MadFerIt95*

And Bryz goes to Edmonton.... hopefully he does play tomorrow

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Bynum just got a healthy chorus of boos and "Bynum sucks" from the Sixers crowd. And now Bryz to Edmonton.

I love sports.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
At least this **** show is at 1 pm. I would hate to have to miss the Bama/LSU game for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad