GDT: Game 16: Los Angeles Jesters @ Arizona Coyotes | 2/18/21 | 19:00 UTC-7:00 | FSA

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The county where I live also bans plastic straws. I got some nice collapsible (telescoping) metal straws with a carrying case as a Christmas gift. They're pretty great.

https://www.amazon.com/Kynup-Reusable-Collapsible-Portable-Stainless/dp/B07ZBZ6CCC these things, specifically.

They do? (Alachua, yes?) That's pretty lefty for a college town whose "college radio" station in the 80s was commercial top-40 (prepping the broadcasting majors for the "real world" obviously :) however, boring )

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I don't miss Strome. At all.
Neither do I. I thought we gave up on him way too early but according to the Chicago boards he's been garbage this and last year. He's already played nearly 200 NHL games and they've lost patience in him.
Bad attitude, lazy, poor physical conditioning and a terrible skater. Chayka won that trade.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Neither do I. I thought we gave up on him way too early but according to the Chicago boards he's been garbage this and last year. He's already played nearly 200 NHL games and they've lost patience in him.
Bad attitude, lazy, poor physical conditioning and a terrible skater. Chayka won that trade.
I really held out hope post draft that Strome was going to kick his skating up a gear. Was pretty mad when Chayka gave up on him so quickly (along with Domi, Duclair, DeAngelo...). Had many a HF argument with fans of other teams mocking the pick. Calling him a bust etc. You could see the talent but he always left wanting.

Watching the same issues now that plagued him with the Coyotes reminds me I did not want to draft him in the 1st place.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Stuff I've been watching:
Last time I did this, I pointed out Phil and Brassard.
Phil cooled off, he had 4 points in 4 games, now he's got 0 in his last 4.
Brassard being ice cold continues: 1 point in his last 10 games. Hot start looking like a fluke.

OEL coming back hasn't cut into Chychrun's minutes at all, he's playing the same amount. OEL may be getting eased in, but he's playing fewer minutes. Chychrun is still acting as the #1.

Schmaltz is a point per in February. His production this season pretty closely matches his early season production last year. So not really an improvement, but it will be if he doesn't completely cool off like he did last season.

Keller is scoring at his highest rate since December 2019.

Pitlick is getting more an more responsibility, playing 2nd line minutes now (about 17 TOI per) instead of bottom 6 minutes he was getting earlier in the season.

Tocchet is burying the third pair and going with 2 minute munching pairs. Toaster/Bush aren't seeing much ice.

Potential cooling off: Dvorak is 0 points in 3 games and -3.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Brassard looks good away from Hayton and Kessel. Hayton looks good away from both.

Now, I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure there's a lineup permutation that solves this.

Reactions: PuckLife

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Brassard looks good away from Hayton and Kessel. Hayton looks good away from both.

Now, I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure there's a lineup permutation that solves this.
Bingo

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hayton healthy scratched. Likely headed to Tucson soon is my guess.

Upper body for Raanta is a little curious. At least it's not his groin.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Not surprised but frustrated we didn't move him when we had the chance. Now that teams have seen him already injured four? times this season no one in their right mind* will want him.

*That still leaves Edmonton a possibility.

Yup. The guy is toast. I have a feeling if we ship him out, he’ll just retire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad