GDT: Game 16: Los Angeles Jesters @ Arizona Coyotes | 2/18/21 | 19:00 UTC-7:00 | FSA

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Would someone please care to offer me something in terms of what happened to the big quiet Kuemper? Where did he go? He's been this flopper all season long. He was out of his net tonight I don't know how many times...and the first two goals, had he not flopped and just stayed nice and quiet and make them beat you he'd be the Kuemper from the last couple seasons.

Not sure who this guy is, but it's not Kuemper.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
- Two very bad periods
- Totally outshooted by one of the not so good teams
- Kuemper with a bad day again
- Scary Overtime
- Garbage Powerplay
- Sloppy Shootout

Impressive we got a point out of this

Get Hall back and trade this Demers.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton healthy scratched. Likely headed to Tucson soon is my guess.

Upper body for Raanta is a little curious. At least it's not his groin.
Sitting Hayton is fine, but I think he deserves another chance before they decide what to do with him. He game has progressed this year, but he is not getting results. He has to produce plain and simple.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m so sick of that OEL and Demers pairing. Unbelievably sloppy. Pure slop.
That first goal we had terrible coverage. OEL was fighting for the puck on the boards and Demers was right behind OEL Why? When the puck was loose on the wall both OEL and Demers had time to get in position to cover Brown. Kuemper is starting to look like Smith flopping around. Terrible goal all around.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
One thing I have been watching closely this year is seeing if this year's team can secure points in games they dont deserve to. Over the last 10 years or so this was the type of game scenario that screamed "Kings score in the final minute or 2". Dvorak's penalty late in the 3rd period I thought would be the moment the Yotes would lose the lead. I liked that this year's team found a way to fight back and hang in a game they were clearly outplayed in.

It is apparent they took the Kings lightly and it came back to bite them... they should be thankful they got a point, but I expect Saturday to be a much different outcome.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Kuemper shouldn't be beyond criticism but he's still easily among our best two players.
0.931 last night and 0.945 in his last five games.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Kuemper shouldn't be beyond criticism but he's still easily among our best two players.
0.931 last night and 0.945 in his last five games.
Kuemper wasnt the issue last night. The team looked exhausted after the STL series. I expect Saturday to be a much different story. 3 out of 4 points needs to be the outcome.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Tomorrow feels like a must win. We have to be able to put games away if we want to make the playoffs. This season is a perfect opportunity to make it with a weaker roster and no 1st because the way the season has been set up. Can't lose two games in a row to teams who should be worse than you.

Getting a point last night was good. The team looked like they did after the Hall trade when everyone stopped moving their feet and we're hoping Kuemper and Hall would win us games. Can't look like that again tomorrow or it's a huge step back.

Reactions: Jakey53

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
These are the types of games the old Coyotes lose 2-1.

But these are different times, the team has taken on Garland's swagger and moving away from OEL's indifference.

4-2 Coyotes
I take it back....these were OEL's Coyotes last night and the captain had another awful game.

1-2-1 with him after his return from injury after 3 straight wins without him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One thing I have been watching closely this year is seeing if this year's team can secure points in games they dont deserve to. Over the last 10 years or so this was the type of game scenario that screamed "Kings score in the final minute or 2". Dvorak's penalty late in the 3rd period I thought would be the moment the Yotes would lose the lead. I liked that this year's team found a way to fight back and hang in a game they were clearly outplayed in.

It is apparent they took the Kings lightly and it came back to bite them... they should be thankful they got a point, but I expect Saturday to be a much different outcome.
I don't think we took the Kings lightly, and if we did that is on the coaches. We don't have the talent to take any team lightly.

Reactions: RemoAZ

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
To have a bad game can happen. However what bothers me here is that just about everyone (including Tocchet) predicted that this fixture would be very tricky by nature after the Blues intense "series".

So to start the game in such chaotic, lackluster manner, particularly in D, needs analysing and solving asap because it was predictable.

I think it is very much a leadership issue. One for BA to find a solution for.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
We don't look particularly good in overtime so I would not mind some experimenting as our best players (the short leash guys) should really do damage in that format.

Here is a wild idea: start the overtime with your best face offs center of the game + Chychrun + either a good defensive winger (Pitlick?) or even another D.

You win the draw: you go back in your zone, change the line and immediately unleash the short leash guys. 3 forwards yes.

You lose the draw: you defend until you recover the puck then similar scenario: short leash.

See what happens. But at least you throw something new and fire your best punch to the opponent.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think we took the Kings lightly, and if we did that is on the coaches. We don't have the talent to take any team lightly.
Taking a team lightly doesnt have to do with skill. It has to do with focus.

IMO the team is coming off a brutal 7 game series against a very strong STL team. I think they were a bit exhausted and the slow start showed that. They got exposed by a young hungry LA team. I still think the Yotes are a much better hockey team, but they were not mentally prepared for that game.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Ask Montreal if they would take Brassard for Jordan Weal. Make them add. Weal has a slightly higher cap-hit, and is currently in the A.

I know Weal had 2 points in 19 games, but those were 19 games with great stats for everybody else. And at least 20 wins (or something.) What if he was wealy good in some intangible way?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad