GDT: Game 16| Detroit Red Wings at Winnipeg Jets | November 4, 2013, 8:00 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

I think it's time to start a chant at home next game to free Nyquist. This team badly needs consistency and him replacing Cleary will help us head in the right direction.

Leaf fans did it with Gardiner and they listened, maybe Holland will do the same.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I think it's time to start a chant at home next game to free Nyquist. This team badly needs consistency and him replacing Cleary will help us head in the right direction.

Leaf fans did it with Gardiner and they listened, maybe Holland will do the same.

Should get "Free Nyquist" t-shirts printed up for everyone to wear at the Joe

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Jets fan here. We boo the players who are the best, not based on personality. Alfie is a great player and person. It was a salute, not a beatdown.

I said it earlier, you guys have great fans. That building is loud. Good effort by the Jets against a lousy Red Wings effort.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Here's some "Advanced" statistics from the game.

This is totally my own system I'm creating right now, so there could be flaws. But it's based on giving plusses for guys who'll create a scoring chance, or who'll prevent one. Also the minus side will be implemented on the system, so far I gave minuses only about minor penalties and clear misplays that lead to a scored goal. This should be giving minuses also for a scoring chance against, but it's just too much work for a one man to be completed during a live game.

But here are the results I got from yesterday:

Name, own scoring chance or created scoring chance (minus penalty/mistake that lead to opposite goal) + prevented scoring chance = total "points"

Detroit:
Tatar 4 + 3 = 7
Datsyuk 6(-1) + 1 = 6
Zetterberg 4 + 0 = 4
Bertuzzi 3 + 0 = 3
Cleary 3 + 0 = 3
Alfredsson 2 + 0 = 2
Weiss 2 + 0 = 2
Andersson 1 + 1 = 2
Miller 0 + 2 = 2
Abdelkader 1 + 0 = 1
Helm 1 + 0 = 1
Tootoo 1 + 0 = 1
---------------
Kronwall 2(-1) + 4 = 5
Lashoff 1(-1) + 2 = 2
DeKeyser 1(-1) + 2 = 2
Kindl 3(-2) + 0 = 1
Quincey 1(-1) + 0 = 0
Almquist 2(-2) + 0 = 0

Like shot against a goal is a scoring chance. And if there was a meaningless pass long before the shot happened, I gave the only plus for the shooter. If it was a breakaway scoring chance and the 1st pass came from forward or defenceman was the key-impact for the break-away, also the passer gets a plus. Or if it's a typical 2-on-1 situation, pass and shoot, both guys will get a plus. Also, if there's an effective screen, when somebody is shooting the puck, the screener + shooter gets a plus.

With these stats, Alfredsson really had a bad game. In the shadows all the time. He got his first plus at first period, when they had a scoring chance with Kindl. Then his next plus came not until the last minute. Tatar was by far the best forward, when you relate these points to his ice-time. Great defensive play in own + scoring chances. Datsyuk was below average on his standards, imo. But still the second best forward yesterday.

Kronwall was the best from defence with some good support from Lashoff and DeKeyser.

Winnipeg:
Ladd 8(-1) + 2 = 9
Scheifele 8 + 1 = 9
Frolik 6 + 0 = 6
Little 5 + 0 = 5
Halischuk 4 + 1 = 5
Wheeler 4 + 0 = 4
Tangradi 4 + 0 = 4
Jokinen 3 + 0 = 3
Setoguchi 2(-1) + 0 = 1
Peluso 1 + 0 = 1
Thorburn 1 + 0 = 1
Wright 0 + 0 = 0
------------
Byfuglien 7 + 1 = 8
Bogosian 5 + 0 = 5
Enström 3 + 0 = 3
Ellerby 0 + 1 = 1
Clitsome 1(-1) + 0 = 0
Pardy 0 + 0 = 0

Winnipeg really onslaughted us on the chances. The shot differential of the game (47-28) was pretty much relatively same than my scoring chances (28-17). Winnipeg shot more meaningless shots that were easy picks for Howard, but still, they had also more of those real chances.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Except a player like Nyquist would not have prevented last night from happening. Unless he can play decent defense.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Except a player like Nyquist would not have prevented last night from happening. Unless he can play decent defense.

i think he can play decent defense, but of course he can't lit fire under the ass of all players. the whole team attitude was awful.

i feel bad for almqvist. his 1st NHL game, it's in front of a great crowd and then his teammates decide to not show up. not exactly how you want your NHL debut.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You guys are blaming too much our own team for not trying. Winnipeg was great, period. They played their best game of the season. Give credit for them, they played so good to make us look bad. Sometimes you can't do anything against it. They played like this game was a Stanley Cup game7. But I don't believe they can keep that kind of (yesterday's) effort forever.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Pretty crappy game, but it was nice to see DOUBLE D score his first NHL goal, a shortie no less.

Getting pretty tired of Cleary's play though. Dude can't stay on his feet to save his life. Anybody else notice when he caused an offsides whistle, sliding into the O-zone early on his rear end. The only idiot that was on his ass more than Cleary last night, was Buffugly.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Howard played his best game of the season and still had 4 get past him. He can't stop every breakaway, turnover and blown coverage. For as much as Babcock preaches defense the team sure sucked from that standpoint last night. Howie deserves 3rd star for keeping it respectable.

Ice looked terrible, everyone was slipping and falling all over themselves. Irrelevant ultimately, but just weird to see such terrible ice in a Canadian arena.

Thanks for the dumb fight Tootoo, it really sparked the team! :shakehead

Third line had some defensive lapses tonight, pretty sure Babcock is going to break it up, which would be dumb.

Weiss looked great on the West Coast trip - now if we could put Cleary on the 4th line and Frazen on the 2nd, he might have two linemates that could finish.

Overall, sloppy game, poor effort, but 6 of 8 on the road trip is a good outcome.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
You guys are blaming too much our own team for not trying. Winnipeg was great, period. They played their best game of the season. Give credit for them, they played so good to make us look bad. Sometimes you can't do anything against it. They played like this game was a Stanley Cup game7. But I don't believe they can keep that kind of (yesterday's) effort forever.

I don't see Winnipeg very often but I agree that it was an inspired effort by the Jets. They really took advantage of a subpar effort by the Wings

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

I like you.

I agree completely. Yea, our team wasn't great, and there were plenty of things worth complaining about. But I think the main story here was the Jets having a great game and deservedly kicking our ass.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

oh sure, the jets played great. but if you get run over in period 1, i expect a team with so much experience to come out of the 1st intermission with more power. but this team played the same crap all game.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
oh sure, the jets played great. but if you get run over in period 1, i expect a team with so much experience to come out of the 1st intermission with more power. but this team played the same crap all game.

Pretty much this is how I feel. I really expected us to come out firing in the second period and we didn't. I was disappointed.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

That can happen during the last game of a 4 game road trip. Yeah, not being able to go 4-0 on a road trip when you had a great opportunity to do so is disappointing. However, when the entire team looks uninspired for their first game of the trip you can attribute it to distraction and a bad game. I'm not going to worry about this game in the long-term.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Quincey and Cleary not on this roster, add in Nyquist and anyone else for Quincey and this team is way better.

Both have been just outright brutal.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Quincey just doesn't have the skill set. But what makes my blood boil is the cap hit he has thanks to KH. This is right up there with the Sammy deal

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
If that's the case, then you should have booed for Dats and Zeta. But maybe you have so much respect against them that it was easier to pick Alfie. :)

It's sort of whoever is the most...'famous' at the moment? Whoever has the most accolades? It might be the face of the team, or it could just be whoever is in the headlines. Not necessarily the best all-around player. I'm guessing Alfie was picked because he's a recent high-profile acquisition.

Goalie usually gets a version of his name chanted. First name or last, whichever has the best ring to it and is two syllables or less. Yes, sometimes even if he hasn't let any goals in yet.

Some people don't like the the boos and chants but IMHO the kids love it, and it's good, harmless crowd interaction, which is always fun...win or lose.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
It's sort of whoever is the most...'famous' at the moment? Whoever has the most accolades? It might be the face of the team, or it could just be whoever is in the headlines. Not necessarily the best all-around player. I'm guessing Alfie was picked because he's a recent high-profile acquisition.

Goalie usually gets a version of his name chanted. First name or last, whichever has the best ring to it and is two syllables or less. Yes, sometimes even if he hasn't let any goals in yet.

Some people don't like the the boos and chants but IMHO the kids love it, and it's good, harmless crowd interaction, which is always fun...win or lose.

Personally I think it's fine and since you paid your admission, it's your choice. Anything to get the crowd in the game is okay by me.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
If that's the case, then you should have booed for Dats and Zeta. But maybe you have so much respect against them that it was easier to pick Alfie. :)

Don't worry, they will get their appropriate level of "respect" in due course. Love being out west with such great teams and players. Most Jets fans can't wait until we can be more competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad