GDT: Game 16: Columbus at Philadelphia | 11/14 7PM EST

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Pretty much a complete game. We got hemmed in at the start of first and second periods, otherwise I'm impressed with the effort.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Win tomorrow and we're suddenly just a couple points off being right there with anyone else in the division sans Pittsburgh despite missing half our lineup. Meanwhile other than the Rangers the other teams have been healthy and had plenty of hot streaks/fortunate games; these things always balance out over the course of a marathon 82-game season. The Jackets' timing is coming. Might not be right now but I'm confident that when everyone's back, we'll roll off 3, 4, 5 in a row and suddenly be 2nd in the division and people will wonder why they went Chicken Little after 10 games.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My three stars for the night:

Wennberg
Cracknell
Tropp

They hemmed in the Flyers for most of their ice time. That's all you can ask.

In all seriousness Wiz, Foligno, Erixon, and Joey were all outstanding tonight, and deserve their stars.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Win tomorrow and we're suddenly just a couple points off being right there with anyone else in the division sans Pittsburgh despite missing half our lineup.

No idea what standings you are looking at. Assuming that no one wins ahead of us, we're still 3 or more points back with all the teams having games in hand. It's very bleak.

What you are looking for is point over or under .500. A win tomorrow and we're still 4 under. Only Carolina is close.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Win tomorrow and we're suddenly just a couple points off being right there with anyone else in the division sans Pittsburgh despite missing half our lineup. Meanwhile other than the Rangers the other teams have been healthy and had plenty of hot streaks/fortunate games; these things always balance out over the course of a marathon 82-game season. The Jackets' timing is coming. Might not be right now but I'm confident that when everyone's back, we'll roll off 3, 4, 5 in a row and suddenly be 2nd in the division and people will wonder why they went Chicken Little after 10 games.

We could win 5 in a row and we'd still be out of the playoff picture. I'm confident, but not that confident.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
atta way Jackets. Got a little tense there for a time but well done, on the road. With Bob in tomorrow, maybe we can start a new kind of streak.

Also, I was watching the Flyers feed and didn't hear anything about Tyutin. What happened?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
atta way Jackets. Got a little tense there for a time but well done, on the road. With Bob in tomorrow, maybe we can start a new kind of streak.

Also, I was watching the Flyers feed and didn't hear anything about Tyutin. What happened?

Collided with Voracek, knee buckled.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
No idea what standings you are looking at. Assuming that no one wins ahead of us, we're still 3 or more points back with all the teams having games in hand. It's very bleak.

Dude, 3 points with well over SIXTY games to play is not bleak. That's kind of the whole point. It would be very bleak ... with 7 games left. 7 games to make up 3 points? That's the kind of position that fans often find themselves in, and they're not sure whether to root for wins and eeking out a wildcard, or losses and better draft position. My point is that this early in the season, to be 3 or 4 or 5 points out from 2nd/3rd/4th with all the Jackets have gone through is JUST fine.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Dude, 3 points with well over SIXTY games to play is not bleak. That's kind of the whole point. It would be very bleak ... with 7 games left. 7 games to make up 3 points? That's the kind of position that fans often find themselves in, and they're not sure whether to root for wins and eeking out a wildcard, or losses and better draft position. My point is that this early in the season, to be 3 or 4 or 5 points out from 2nd/3rd/4th with all the Jackets have gone through is JUST fine.

We're 7 pts out. Not that bleak, agreed. But you keep getting the numbers wrong.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
oh no. did he return?

on a different note, in the event we are on the outside looking in at the playoffs this year, does Foligno go at the deadline?

I would hope not. He's a core piece going forward. If he maintains his current pace of scoring, then negotiations could become pretty rough and that could give a reason for the FO to ship him out for the always overrated draft picks. I hope that they're not that inept.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
oh no. did he return?

on a different note, in the event we are on the outside looking in at the playoffs this year, does Foligno go at the deadline?

I say that would be crazy stupid. He's one of our best leaders, and a young guy just now entering his prime. That should be exactly the kind of guy we want to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad