Dec 29, 2008
Mainly that red one behind him

VQLGJOL.gif

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Nicky's goals were classics! One was a perfect tic tac toe job, with Joey and Erixon setting him up on the doorstep. The other was truly a thing of beauty - Nick controlled the puck, then drifted...drifted...drifted...until everyone between him and the goal fell to the ice, then he lifted the shot top shelf! Wowzer!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just saw the replay of the 2nd Foligno goal. Seems almost impossible that this guy has only surpassed the 40 point barrier once in his career.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
bang, grind, possess. These last 5 periods actually look like the CBJ. Time to start climbing out of the perrennial early season hole.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Just saw the replay of the 2nd Foligno goal. Seems almost impossible that this guy has only surpassed the 40 point barrier once in his career.

Contract year baby! :)

I love his play, but seriously, watch Cam, Matty, and Nick play for those contracts this season.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
This was about as close to one of those "60 minute games" as it gets.
The Jackets effort and compete level was off the charts. I think some of the credit goes to Hartnell returning to Philly and the guys wanting to get him the win, JJ coming back from suspension, Bob being on the bench, and just his presence around the guys.
But whatever it was, they finally got back to playing "Jackets hockey". Everyone showed up to play on time.
Even when the Flyers tied it those two times, and made it close in the 3rd, the Jackets never changed their style of play, which gave me the confidence they could close this out. Positive lessons were hopefully learned in this win. It would be great if they could duplicate this every game ( besides giving the opposition 3 for 3 on the PP obviously ).
Hopefully this is the turning point. :)

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
This was about as close to one of those "60 minute games" as it gets.
The Jackets effort and compete level was off the charts. I think some of the credit goes to Hartnell returning to Philly and the guys wanting to get him the win, JJ coming back from suspension, Bob being on the bench, and just his presence around the guys.
But whatever it was, they finally got back to playing "Jackets hockey". Everyone showed up to play on time.
Even when the Flyers tied it those two times, and made it close in the 3rd, the Jackets never changed their style of play, which gave me the confidence they could close this out. Positive lessons were hopefully learned in this win. It would be great if they could duplicate this every game ( besides giving the opposition 3 for 3 on the PP obviously ).
Hopefully this is the turning point. :)

it will be nice to get our top 3 pk forwards back on the ice...and of course our #1 penalty killer.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I've got to imagine there's a few other factors coming into play here regarding Foligno's level of play aside from his contract year. Coming into this season he averaged ~36 points per 82 games. Right now he's got 18 points in 15 games while playing on a relatively bad team so far.

Hopefully he doesn't drop off after this year.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So, finally there is joy in Mudville. A big win for CBJ. Against a Metro opponent, too.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Once this team gets most of the guys back, they could very easily go on a 5-game win streak - or two.

No idea what standings you are looking at. Assuming that no one wins ahead of us, we're still 3 or more points back with all the teams having games in hand. It's very bleak.

What you are looking for is point over or under .500. A win tomorrow and we're still 4 under. Only Carolina is close.

A 5 game winning streak starting tonight would give us 21 points in 21 games - the "magic" .500. Except we need to be about 15-18% above .500 to make the playoffs. So that is the yardstick to keep in mind.

The best news regarding the playoffs is that the Metro is a weak division so that is in our favor.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I would hope not. He's a core piece going forward. If he maintains his current pace of scoring, then negotiations could become pretty rough and that could give a reason for the FO to ship him out for the always overrated draft picks. I hope that they're not that inept.

I say that would be crazy stupid. He's one of our best leaders, and a young guy just now entering his prime. That should be exactly the kind of guy we want to build around.

Those are my thoughts. I'd like to see him signed before we get to the deadline. Reason for my question was way the Flyer's commentators were talking about it (they were also talking about how much he's going to get paid :) )

thebus2288*

I've got to imagine there's a few other factors coming into play here regarding Foligno's level of play aside from his contract year. Coming into this season he averaged ~36 points per 82 games. Right now he's got 18 points in 15 games while playing on a relatively bad team so far.

Hopefully he doesn't drop off after this year.

Usage and opportunity. Plenty of PP time.

If this "contract year" BS continues I'm not gonna be happy. He is what he is, a good hockey player. The only thing that seems different is that he's playing with more confidence. He's actually capitalizing on most of his chances. Now, is he capitalizing because he's more confident or more confident because he's capitalizing?

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Usage and opportunity. Plenty of PP time.

If this "contract year" BS continues I'm not gonna be happy. He is what he is, a good hockey player. The only thing that seems different is that he's playing with more confidence. He's actually capitalizing on most of his chances. Now, is he capitalizing because he's more confident or more confident because he's capitalizing?

I agree about the contract year crap.

I think he's demonstrating mental/emotional maturity. last year he was good but it seemed more flashy for the big play. This year it is flashy for the team play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad