Post-Game Talk: Game #16: Canucks spank the 'best' team in Canada. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
What is it with Canucks fans wanting to kick Leafs fans when they're down? What is this utter hatred for the Leafs? I don't get it.

I don't hate the leafs, I've been tired of watching them fail miserably the last 10 years . I hate the leaf fans that can't accept a bad loss for the lack of effort it was. The excuses and complaints about refs and 'dives' are ridiculous.

Seems a lot of Canadians hate the Canucks more than any other team. This I don't understand, I'd rather watch ANY Canadian team succeed rather than BOS/LA/CHI etc

Wetcoaster

I don't hate the leafs, I've been tired of watching them fail miserably the last 10 years . I hate the leaf fans that can't accept a bad loss for the lack of effort it was. The excuses and complaints about refs and 'dives' are ridiculous.

Seems a lot of Canadians hate the Canucks more than any other team. This I don't understand, I'd rather watch ANY Canadian team succeed rather than BOS/LA/CHI etc
Lot of Vancouver fans cheering against the Oilers back in their dynasty days.

Wetcoaster

BTW what if Henrik had not spotted Joffrey (Chicken Wing) Lupul and not ducked letting him take out Kadri???

How many games for Lupul?

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
What really is the worst part attached to the entire maple leaf "nation" is the favouring the league provides for them in relation to their scheduling and the bias of the media to call them Canada's team the first second they pull ahead in the standings. I don't dislike any leaf players in fact a handful of them I would say I am a keen supporter of, Reimer certainly impressed me last game. I don't mind the direction they are heading and see a few prospect worth watching out for too.

They are easy to hate when the brutal minority of their fans behave like poor sports and the media pumps their tires constantly

But them again we dive constantly I dove twice during this post

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
BTW what if Henrik had not spotted Joffrey (Chicken Wing) Lupul and not ducked letting him take out Kadri???

It was such a dirty play, Lupul watched Henrik come around the net and launched himself at Henrik, elbow extended. Worse than the Keith hit, could have easily concussed Henrik badly.

I'm sure a colossal ****storm that would ensue. I'm just imagining the Damien Cox and Steve Simmons columns defending/minimizing the hit.

Joffrey Lupul is a coward and a bad person. At times like these it's worth re-reading tyler dellow's posts on Lupul's time on the Oilers.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I'm going to cut straight to it: I don't like them because they are a vocal majority and I want what I like to get the most attention.

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008

The same amount zetterberg got for his stick smash to the face of hamhuis.......causing an injury, by the way.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
anyone want a charmander?

edit: ****. What I get for posting in two completely different forums at once! Too funny, I'm going to leave this as is. :laugh:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
For all the talk about goons like John Scott or even Emery, what purpose does Orr or Mclaren serve?

They're out there to hit and injure someone or start a fight. They can't play hockey worth a damn, total pylons. I guess because they play for the leafs is why the media doesn't pick it up.

Carlyle also threw out his goons after the 3rd goal to goon it up, which is ridiculous.

The leafs may think they're the Bruins but what they don't realize is they don't have a Chara or Lucic. Which are top line players who can do more than just goon it up

reading the posts about the Leafs toughness was hilarious: a couple goons does not make a team tough. They seemed so upset our skill players wouldn't fight their knuckle dragging plugs. Meanwhile the skill players just disappear under pressure, they can't score a goal if it involves a board battle - they might as well just skate back to the neutral zone if the rush fails and the puck goes to the boards.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
reading the posts about the Leafs toughness was hilarious: a couple goons does not make a team tough. They seemed so upset our skill players wouldn't fight their knuckle dragging plugs. Meanwhile the skill players just disappear under pressure, they can't score a goal if it involves a board battle - they might as well just skate back to the neutral zone if the rush fails and the puck goes to the boards.
You can almost see their sad realization that it wasn't going to work out when Burrows fought Kessel. "We bought these fighters so why aren't the other team's top 6 forwards fighting them instead???"

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You can almost see their sad realization that it wasn't going to work out when Burrows fought Kessel. "We bought these fighters so why aren't the other team's top 6 forwards fighting them instead???"

I was laughing at the fact the wanted Kassian to fight but everytime one of their tough guys like Phaneuf, JVR etc got a chance they bailed.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
anyone want a charmander?

edit: ****. What I get for posting in two completely different forums at once! Too funny, I'm going to leave this as is. :laugh:

My girlfriend was happy to point out what that was.

I was happy with last nights performance, made the leafs look awful.

Wetcoaster

I was laughing at the fact the wanted Kassian to fight but everytime one of their tough guys like Phaneuf, JVR etc got a chance they bailed.
By what possible definition is Celine tough?

Gumballthechewy

Chew On Me!
Jan 3, 2012
The Mountains
I've been asked by opposing fans how can I support a team like the Canucks. But we are born into the Canucks family. It's what we were raised on and love. Like any brother, sister, mother or father, you don't disown them because they are flawed.

But having said that, the Canucks have really cleaned up their act from where they once were and I couldn't be happier about that. The problem is that there is a hive-mind mentality from opposing fans which is based on the past and not anchored in any kind of current reality.

I know the exact feeling, I grew up with Trecor Linden so I value honour above all, the antics of Burrows, Kesler and Lapierre (among others) really was getting disgusting, but they really have come along way to remedy that, Burrows especially.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I have seen so many games like that in all sports and frankly I think we are getting carried away. This was a game where everything we did came off and nothing came off for the Leafs. They came out of the traps far too slow and I don't know if that was down to the Bure celebrations or just a coaching fail but it got us off to a good start.

I have watched the Leafs all season and they are a much better team than they showed in that game and frankly we are not as good as we looked either. However just like CDC I'm not surprised at the immature crowing of many of our fans on this board........if it's not bragging it's plastic pants doom and gloom.

What did impress me was the effort and production from the 2nd line down. Archie is starting to look like he belongs in the NHL, Burr showed some glimpses of a return to form, Richardson puts in a pile of work, Kass showed he doesn't have to play with the Sedins but needs to keep his head in the game, Higgins played as good as I've seen him play for two seasons, Santerelli again showed energy and hustle and Lu was back to his best and at last getting help from his D.

Leafs have been getting outshot nearly all season long. What you saw yesterday was only the byproduct of what happens when you run into a good team. Hawks did the same thing to them.

In fact, you could even argue they were still getting lucky in a game where it could easily have been 6 or 7-0.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Any word if Kadri has a concussion from Lupul's hit? ;)

jehhxXN.jpg

Lupul is a real ****tard for what he tried and actually ended up doing. :laugh:

These will also explain the Leafs edge in hits and PIMs. (Hard for the Canucks to throw hits and take penalties when they're already controlling the puck in the attacking zone.

Hits were something like 29-8 for the Leafs by the end. Sort of reflects how much they were chasing the game.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
What is it with Canucks fans wanting to kick Leafs fans when they're down? What is this utter hatred for the Leafs? I don't get it.

I'm not kicking anyone while they're down. I'm simply calling someone on a simply ridiculous statement that a game against a western team somehow doesn't matter. Every game matters. Every player has pride, and every 2 points means something. To say that the team doesn't care that they lost is simply asinine.

It should matter even more, considering the nature of the loss. Because we didn't win that game as much as they lost it. They served that game up on a platter, and I feel bad for Riemer for battling so hard for a team that didn't deserve it.

Not to mention, if they don't care about losing to a meaningless Western team, why is he guaranteeing victory next time the teams meet? Wouldn't they just quit on that game too? For that matter, shouldn't the Canucks have lost all the games on their eastern trip? The points don't mean anything when they're not in your conference, after all.

For the record. It could be a Canucks fan making the same statement about us losing to an eastern team, and I'd respond the same way. It had nothing to do with kicking a Leafs fan while he's down. (Even though according to him, he's not down at all)

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007

i cheered for the lightning in 04 out of spite

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I also cheered for the Lightning that year. Especially after Calgary beat Vancouver in the first round. Was very happy Tampa won. :handclap:

Never agreed or believed in this I have to support other Canadian teams nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad