Post-Game Talk: Game 16: Canucks 2 @ Senators 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
I'm gonna laugh when the Canucks make the playoffs and the Blackhawks miss b/c of the respective divisions we play in.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Our division is pathetic. Canucks still #1 lmao. It's likely a very good central team will miss the playoffs thanks to the new system.
Pretty much this.

Every year we will see a freebie series. 2 average teams facing each other.

ex. Flames Canucks.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Overall the team actually played pretty well (other than the terrible special teams) . Unfortunately a very soft goal by Miller essentially loses us the game. Hopefully Markstrom outplays him and takes over the starting role :sarcasm:

Looks like that 2nd line is finally starting to get a little bit of chemistry going, which is nice.

Edlers been awful for the last few games now, probably because Tanev isn't 100% so he isn't able to hold his hand.

Hutton wasn't awful but definitely his worst game of the season, and that's saying a lot since he was still our 3rd best dman tonight.

Basically our season comes down to the coaches figuring out our special teams and goaltending. If we can make improvements in those areas than we'll be pretty solid but the way it's going right now we're looking like a 500 team with a **** ton of 1 goal games.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
By the end of next season this team will be turned over....doubt they re-sign either Hamhuis or Hamhuis, and Burrows-Miller-Higgins and Prust will be gone.....so making the playoffs this year is kind of pointless to everyone but the owner.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
ybUwupY.png

Just in case you are wondering yes, Horvat and Hutton both had a corsi of +16 :amazed:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Reasonable chance the Canucks are third by the end of the night. Coyotes up on the Oilers can tie with a game in hand. Kings can pass with a win against the Islanders (0-0 early).

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Typical Miller, blaming the goalie.

Thanks for the laugh.

My biggest gripe is I wished the games were more exciting to watch. The team needs some better players and that's going to have to happen through drafting, as the trades haven't proven to be very solid.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
i don't understand, didn't miller led the league in wins this year? :sarcasm:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoping that if there is a turnover this off-season, that the broom includes the coach, who just can't seem to bring himself to play younger players when it counts...MCann and Virtanen short-shifted again, particularly in the third period....if the rebuild is going to happen, it's going to have to be with a different coach who's willing to live and die with the younger players.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
- Tanev back to normal, babysat Edler all game. I know Edler scored but really he had a terrible night. If he's back on the PP next game something is seriously, seriously wrong with this coaching staff.

- I thought Hamhuis had one of his better games of the season outside of his turnover that led to his "hooking" penalty, that wasn't even a penalty. The other 3 D-men got caught on rushes a few too many times.

- Miller was fine until that stinker that pretty much sealed the deal at the end. Not good enough overall. One stinker in each game after he made those comments about the players in front of him.

- Sedin line had enough O-zone time but needed to put something up on the board, simple as that.

- Horvat had one of his better games of the season (not really saying much) outside of being caught on the 3-on-1 in the 1st period. Baertschi and Vrbata were up and down. Again Vrbata had a few chances, he needs to start burying.

- Virtanen's doing good work on the boards. Hopefully he keeps getting more ice-time because he seems to be getting more comfortable.

- Obligatory PGT statement #1: Sutter is a nothing player at center, put him on the wing where he can use his skating and shot.

- Obligatory PGT statement #2: Power-play setups suck. Take Edler off the power-play, replace him with Sutter (Hansen if Sutter is out) on the 1st unit. Now they put Higgins on the 2nd unit... lol jesus.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
i don't understand, didn't miller led the league in wins this year? :sarcasm:

Yeah, all I heard about Miller from his supporters this off-season was save percentage doesn't matter because he gets the most important stat...wins!

Some people.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Team strongly needs to consider trading Edler- this guys natural decline is not going to be pretty.

Never thought id say this but the team misses Sbisa, or at least a physical Dman. Opposing teams don't pay a price coming into our zone or in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad