Post-Game Talk: Game 16: Canucks 2 @ Senators 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
This was BoHo's whole season worst game in def zone PK face offs (0-5). He is still learning PK and he has growing pains in PK and those face offs too. As a whole, he has only 19% (7-30) face offs % in def zone PK, when players like Bonino, Sutter, Kesler or Richardson have all 33%.

Those are hard situations and rarely his age players play so much PK than he is playing right now. But he is a very talented in those situations and i'm sure that he is coming a great PK player to Canucks. Right now we need only patience.

Interesting.....

This team should really look to bring in Malhotra as a development consultant like Pitts did with Gonchar.

But in this case teach the young guys how to play defense. Malhotra was a master on the PK and defensively. I wouldn't mind him on the ice teaching Horvat, Gaunce, McCann how to play on the PK.

To me it really seems like a pretty clear move to bring him in. It doesn't go against the cap, you are bringing in a guy that has a very good reputation with the city, it'll only help develop the young guys. I really see no reason not to bring him in.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Without Prust and Sbisa the Canucks are pretty tame opponents.

Baertschi is being taught to go to the front of the net, why not Hansen?

Good third period push by Vancouver. That's encouraging, at least.

Miller mystified by a knuckleball in the third. Comically examines glove. LOL! Canucks get godly goaltending or they lose.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Some thoughts from the stands:

1. I have attended every Canucks' visit to Ottawa since 2007 except for the Torts year. And this was definitely the tamest the crowd has been. This is less a commentary on the Senator fans (who are always pretty level-headed, this being Ottawa and all... there's probably not an arena in the league that is less hostile to visiting fans), but on the copious number of Canuck fans who always attend this game. There were still a lot, they were just far quieter than in past years. I had a lot of Canuck fans around me, and I was the only one one who even stood up when we scored. What gives? Generational shift? Apathy?

2. On the topic of the visiting Canuck fans – I couldn't help but notice that probably about a third of the jerseys worn by our fans are counterfeit, and at least 3/4 of those personalized with a player name are clearly not official (in the wrong font, usually), even among retro jerseys. I only note this because among Senator merchandise it is close to 0% unofficial, at least visually. Any theories? Is it the greater connection to underground markets in Asia? Is it just because Ottawa uses a more custom font that fakers are more careful about getting it right? Is there just more Canuck stuff online?

3. One of the very official fan jerseys that is worth mentioning, however, was an Adam Cracknell jersey worn by one woman in the stands. Clearly authentic, women's cut and everything. Adam Cracknell? Has to be a family member, right? Maybe he has family out east?

4. I was also impressed by an older gentleman who already had a Ben Hutton jersey, before realizing that yeah, that's for sure a member of his "posse" from this region.

5. I kept finding myself surprised at the shot clock, and namely the fact that Vancouver was well ahead in shots throughout the entire game, because very few were memorable. I was surprised to read McWTG note that the Canucks had the higher number of scoring chances too, because it definitely didn't feel like it.

6. Can't be mad about Chris Higgins missing the glorious shorthanded one-timer (that happens as often as not), but it was notable that he probably had the second-best missed chance of the game, too, when he had that partial breakaway, cut inside in front of the defenseman, and then... fanned. Obviously still a bit rusty, but encouraging that he's at least getting the chances.

7. Alex Edler was named the third star in the building. Just throwing that out there, because there's a lot of complaining about him here.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
2. On the topic of the visiting Canuck fans – I couldn't help but notice that probably about a third of the jerseys worn by our fans are counterfeit, and at least 3/4 of those personalized with a player name are clearly not official (in the wrong font, usually), even among retro jerseys. I only note this because among Senator merchandise it is close to 0% unofficial, at least visually. Any theories? Is it the greater connection to underground markets in Asia? Is it just because Ottawa uses a more custom font that fakers are more careful about getting it right? Is there just more Canuck stuff online?

It's like that over here too. Most of them are just obnoxiously bad. I mean, I'm not one of those people who gets all riled up about people buying counterfeit jerseys and "not supporting the team", but if you're going to buy something unofficial, at least make sure it looks reasonably similar to the real thing...

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
i work in a sports shop and we will be forced to close next year due to the counterfeit jerseys we just can't survive...

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I hate counterfeit jerseys with a passion. They look awful. I own 16 Canucks jerseys and each one is official and authentic to game ready quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad