Pre-Game Talk: Game 16 7:28 PM - THE BEAR invites Gritty to go fishing on Lake Tahoe - NBCSN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I’m happy it’s on NBCSN- my Fios has really bad quality for the 4 networks, so I have to watch them via my fire stick, so that’s one less thing I have to deal with.

But it looks bad for the league and the network. Of the only two marquee games being played this season, half of them are airing on a soon-to-be defunct network? I’m all for safety, and the move is the right one, but this was a predictable disaster.

Reactions: rfournier103

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
NBC and NHL gave the crew a nice breakfast for today

152403376_10223235136719435_3942431489537191257_n.jpg
When I see these plates I get hungry like this Dog

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kind of interested to see what a trio of DeBrusk/Studnicka/Bjork can do. Kind of interesting but if you look at the style of game (not level) it's similar to the Bergeron line

63 / 10
37 / 23
88 / 74

Again talent wise it's not close, but from the style standpoint there is similarities

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Why are the muppets in the NHL front office playing 2 eastern teams in CA. ?? So many other safe places (travel/ice/location) to play this is just stupid....

And since when does a multi billion industry not mange to freeze f***ing water..?? Unreal these jokers...

Reactions: lopey

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That ice is terrible. I almost don’t care about the result, just don’t want any injuries due to poor ice
Same here. Looking at the hourly forecast tomorrow, it is supposed to be sunny and in the low 40s through the entire afternoon. Add to that the wear and tear of tonight's game on already sketchy ice. Have to wonder if the Bs game time will get pushed back even more tomorrow at some point.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Bruins game moved to NBCSN... this does not look good for the NHL.

I just have trouble believing the NHL side of execution/operations couldn't have planned/executed this better - the weather is near perfect even with the sun. Did no one factor in the ice being so poor, if this truly is the best ice technology possible?
They've played successful outdoor games in Southern Cal and Texas, ffs. I don't understand the problems that they are having.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins game moved to NBCSN... this does not look good for the NHL.

I just have trouble believing the NHL side of execution/operations couldn't have planned/executed this better - the weather is near perfect even with the sun. Did no one factor in the ice being so poor, if this truly is the best ice technology possible?

I have talked to locals who all said a clear sunny sky NEVER happens in Tahoe in February.

Until today

Direct sun on ice causes melting unless you are below zero

@Gee Wally and I remember the first MDC rink in Belmont - it was fine unless it was sunny and every MDC rink built afterward had a covering.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don’t care if the Flyers have a depleted lineup . I need a convincing Bruins win to feel complete again . That last game was painful to sit through.

100%. Amid all the interest and then troubles around the outdoor games, putting the spectacle to one side the Bruins really just need a solid win and a strong performance here against a depleted opponent. I know they have injury concerns of their own, and the Flyers roster they're facing are still a good team, but the Bs really need to find some better form and something closer to a full 60 minute effort. Important to show some intensity and aggression here and a fully committed will to win.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad