Pre-Game Talk: Game 16 7:28 PM - THE BEAR invites Gritty to go fishing on Lake Tahoe - NBCSN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins will forge on against Flyers in a setting just about perfect — except for the ice - The Boston Globe

Cassidy planned to use 22-year-old Jack Studnicka as his third-line center, between fellow speedsters Anders Bjork and Jake DeBrusk. The coach said the line “looked really good” at Saturday’s practice.
“He hasn’t played that many games in the middle for us,” Cassidy said of Studnicka. “I like they all have young legs, especially in an environment like this. They might be skating into the wind.”
Jack Studnicka is ready to step in for Bruins

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have talked to locals who all said a clear sunny sky NEVER happens in Tahoe in February.

Until today

Direct sun on ice causes melting unless you are below zero

@Gee Wally and I remember the first MDC rink in Belmont - it was fine unless it was sunny and every MDC rink built afterward had a covering.

Yup... I do remember one I played at on the ‘Jerry Jingle Highway’ - (can’t remember real name of the road) - in Stoneham/Melrose that had a roof but open on all the sides.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I have family in Tahoe and have taking many winter trips there and to Reno from Cali, and looking at the pictures from yesterday, i just don't ever remember a day like that, in Jan or Feb. . .ever. Let alone two days in a row. IDK. Mother nature has surely been a mad scientist this February.

Hoping Bergy skates smart. Don't want to aggravate groin issues if it's soft.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Tahoe is warm and sunny when its not snowing I'm not surprised by this.

Don't think the league did much wrong. Its not that cold there either just high elevation. There can be 20 feet of snow on the ground and you are only 30 miles drive into the desert for an open playable golf course.

How can anyone whos spent time there be surprised?

Also these events went off at baseball stadiums that were designed specifically for the sun to not be in the players eyes. The rink was situated to maximize the view in the background for obvious reasons. Of course they could have found a shady spot but that wasn't the point.

Can't have something happening like the ladies game at Gillette.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Yeah I feel bad that the league can’t catch a break but this is a joke. What’s the point of the scenery if they play the game at night? Might as well have just finished the game at the practice facility.

Sep 19, 2008
thumb.aspx

Meth Bear V Gritty

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
NHL is deciding between Yellowknife and Cancun for next year's outdoor game.

Coming down to value of Peso vs. Canadian dollar.
Speaking of Yellowknife, they could fly them in on a bunch of WWII planes from Buffalo Air. :sarcasm: The Stanley Cup actually flew with them once.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Speaking of Yellowknife, they could fly them in on a bunch of WWII planes from Buffalo Air. :sarcasm: The Stanley Cup actually flew with them once.
I frequently drink beers with Mikey McBryan, I didn’t realize how big the show was until I went south and explained where I live, hahaha.

They had Bruce Dickinson up here a few years back which was hilarious. You’d run into him here and there and not many realized he’s the lead singer of one of the best metal bands to ever. You’d just run into him at random places, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad