GDT: Game 15 | Philadelphia @ Columbus | 7:30 PM EST (ESPN+/Hulu ONLY) | Torts Strikes Back

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I had understood that a CHL team owned his rights but loaned him to the USHL for the COVID year, so he's still under that restriction. That's what I heard, anyways.
I thought we all had this discussion last year if he should be kept here. CBJ had options for where they could send him just like Jiricek.

When he was drafted he was announced as being drafted from the Sioux Falls Stampede. He was considered a USHL player for draft purposes.

Reactions: majormajor

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thought we all had this discussion last year if he should be kept here. CBJ had options for where they could send him just like Jiricek.

When he was drafted he was announced as being drafted from the Sioux Falls Stampede. He was considered a USHL player for draft purposes.
I honestly don't recall. :dunno:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I couldn't watch the whole game but OT and Gavrikov's goal was excellent. 👍🏻 Chinny 👌🏻

Merzlikins and Bean injured. And again against Philly. :facepalm:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I honestly don't recall. :dunno:
A lot has certainly happened since then. I seem to recall where we were allowed to send him to Medicine Hat, Sioux Falls, or Cleveland if we wanted. I think if we had sent him back to Medicine Hat, he'd then fall back under their rules. If we had sent him to Sioux Falls, he would have had to remain there for the year just like the CHL.

I could be way off though.

Reactions: majormajor

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
We're not last in the league anymore! Yay?
Go Ducks.

If we can compete with a Monsters lineup against the Flyers this well, I guess we will climb past them in the standings sooner rather than later. Could happen by xmas break. Not sure how should I feel about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad