GDT: Game 15 | Philadelphia @ Columbus | 7:30 PM EST (ESPN+/Hulu ONLY) | Torts Strikes Back

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
It's like Larsen read our boards, scratching jack and putting Kent back in

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Safe to assume that Bemstrom is in tonight with Gaudreau based on practice lines? Didn't see news of any changes on the lines this morning so figured I'd check in. Thanks!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't get going back to Elvis, without Korpisavior they'll need to score at least six.

At least Chudbranson is back in, that's good, right?
You gotta give him an opportunity to get his confidence back and he can't do that sitting on the bench. If watching korpi play lights out for a few games doesn't light a fire under his ass, I dunno what will.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If you think of it, it’s kind of unprecedented - a superstar player goes from a strong play off team and having a season for the ages to a lottery team where he might or might not score PPG numbers.

Not that I think he expected CBJ to be this bad, but he certainly knew it wouldn’t be a world beating team for a couple years

Reactions: LJ7

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
He really is great. Definition of a guy who "gets it". With every interview he gives his choice makes more sense. Seems like this is a great situation for him and his growing family.
lol he made wrong decision he's regretting it lol colombus sucks lmao

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
If you think of it, it’s kind of unprecedented - a superstar player goes from a strong play off team and having a season for the ages to a lottery team where he might or might not score PPG numbers.

Not that I think he expected CBJ to be this bad, but he certainly knew it wouldn’t be a world beating team for a couple years
Players also need to expect to be part of the solution to make a team great instead of hoping to ride a "good team", I feel. Know a lot of parts are involved so not saying anything about Johnny himself but too many players don't contribute or drive teams; they ride the team when it's hot and drag the team when it's cold.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

I've always felt his move here is like when Hossa went to the young Hawks after losing in the Finals with the Wings and Pens.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Players also need to expect to be part of the solution to make a team great instead of hoping to ride a "good team", I feel. Know a lot of parts are involved so not saying anything about Johnny himself but too many players don't contribute or drive teams; they ride the team when it's hot and drag the team when it's cold.

Agree - I have been saying for a long time that if you really think you're a superstar, you will embrace playing on a team that needs you. When someone says he wants out to go to a contender or a better team or whatever, he's basically saying "I'm not good enough to make a difference here". Johnny wants to be the man and he realizes that 1) he can be and 2) if he succeeds, he will be embraced by this city as a god among men.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
I get wanting to spread talent around, but what has Bemstrom done that puts him on the first line over a guy like Johnson?!

I can think of 3 possible reasons:
1. The argument could be made that Bemstrom is more like Laine than Johnson, so if the idea is "player of this kind goes here", then he's the better plug and play option than KJ. Whether that's an accurate assessment of the situation and/or a good way to construct a lineup I have no idea.
2. Suppose it could also be that Bemstrom is on his last audition and they're trying to give him the best chance to succeed
3. Letting KJ be "the man" on his line, learn to take a leadership and driver role with lesser players and not have to defer to someone as imminent as JG at this stage in his career.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I thought about maybe going to the game tonight. Then the Swifties crashed Ticketmaster so I guess that question got answered.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

That's always pissed me off.

Like we insist (rightly) that our athletes be incredible competitors, but so many people also think athletes should want to play where winning comes easy?

That's just not how I work. When I'm on a hockey team or a soccer team that is shorthanded a player, my competitiveness goes through the roof, meanwhile it's a let down when the other team can't keep up.

Reactions: aRussian and LJ7

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I get wanting to spread talent around, but what has Bemstrom done that puts him on the first line over a guy like Johnson?!
Bemmer is a sniper, plays quite good without the puck. And had an excellent game probably has enough self-confidence. Btw I wrote about this line still before Laine's injury. Gaudreau -- Jenner -- Bemstrom, Nyquist -- Johnson -- Laine. So we'll see.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad