Post-Game Talk: GAME 15 - Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln? - Vancouver 8 BRUINS 5 F

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
WTF was that game, both goalies were trash, no push back, Krug fight, losing scoring 5 goals.

I don't even know what to say about that steaming pile of s*** that I saw yesterday, all I know is that they can't be this bad can they?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
WTF was that game, both goalies were trash, no push back, Krug fight, losing scoring 5 goals.

I don't even know what to say about that steaming pile of s*** that I saw yesterday, all I know is that they can't be this bad can they?

you don`t know what to say about it? I think you did quite well to express your feelings about the game and there`s nothing I can add to it:laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
All I can report from my limited access to the team is there is great concern about Charlie McAvoy.

MGH is calling the shots on him and I can tell you that the Bruins are not hiding anything - they simply do not know. The fear is he could be another Nick Esasky.

Vertigo? That would be a disaster. It's so difficult to find the cause, and thus impossible to treat.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He has 3 points in 14 games on the 2nd line.

I GUARANTEE someone else can do much, much more there. It's like having 50 year old PJ on Savard or Bergeron's line back in the day. It may look 'ok' but it can certainly get a lot better and lack of 2nd line scoring is crushing this team.

Well unless/until someone else shows up, Nordstrom is getting it done. He may not be scoring himself but he's getting the puck to DK & Jake so they can try to score. The more scoring chances you get the more likely you'll get a goal and that's what it is all about.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Um, Bruce, what are you doing?

I'm pretty sure both goalies absolutely stunk last night. Rask/Halak, Halak/Rask are the correct options for back-to-back games with two uninjured goalies. I'd go with Halak/Rask.

Admittedly, I'm a Rasker, but after last night, I'm more than happy to have Halak be the default until further notice. But planning already to put the backup in back-to-back games just reeks. If Halak has a low-volume, 25-save shutout Saturday? Yeah, okay, I guess put him in Sunday as the hot hand. But I can't do a double Halak in advance without a really good reason.

EDIT: Oop. Please see "Tuukka rask granted leave of absence" thread. Yeah, this is making 100% sense now. My man Bruce...sorry for doubting you.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Um, Bruce, what are you doing?

I'm pretty sure both goalies absolutely stunk last night. Rask/Halak, Halak/Rask are the correct options for back-to-back games with two uninjured goalies. I'd go with Halak/Rask.

Admittedly, I'm a Rasker, but after last night, I'm more than happy to have Halak be the default until further notice. But planning already to put the backup in back-to-back games just reeks. If Halak has a low-volume, 25-save shutout Saturday? Yeah, okay, I guess put him in Sunday as the hot hand. But I can't do a double Halak in advance without a really good reason.

You might want to see this thread:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/bruins-grant-tuukka-rask-a-leave-of-absence.2566499/

Edit: Whoops, I guess you did read it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Man, you go to work for a few hours, check in at lunch, and the Bruins world has gone bonkers. LOA for Tuukka, concussion protocol for Charlie, JFK call-up.... :scared:

Hope things go well for Tuukka, whatever it is. And I really hope they figure out Charlie's issue, whatever it is. Having personal experience with the whole "we don't know what it is" response to health symptoms, I can tell you is just about as bad if not worse than knowing what it is. Hard to fight an unknown enemy.

I have no idea what's going to happen on the ice this weekend but I hope their fire is lit, and I'm not talking about the red light behind the net the Bruins are defending. :laugh:

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Keep in mind... they played Vancouver tonight. They hate Vancouver... at least they should.

Why should they hate Vancouver?
Because a handful of the current Bruins team played against them in the Finals they won?
Is there even a guy left from that 2011 Vancouver team?

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
All I can report from my limited access to the team is there is great concern about Charlie McAvoy.

MGH is calling the shots on him and I can tell you that the Bruins are not hiding anything - they simply do not know. The fear is he could be another Nick Esasky.
Oh God, this is just becoming a red letter day isn't it. :(

Reactions: BMC

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Why should they hate Vancouver?
Because a handful of the current Bruins team played against them in the Finals they won?
Is there even a guy left from that 2011 Vancouver team?

Edler's still there and I think Tanev played a bit that year too. But yea, all the shit heads from that series are long gone. I can't see why the B's would or should hate them.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nordstrom is the best option to date on the 2nd line, he wins puck battles, fore checks hard and gets the puck to Krech and Debrusk by driving the net. Backes well he has to be on the 4th line, not really much better then Acciari at this point, both can sit. Better yet do what Turtleneck boy just did, do the team a solid and void the contract and retire.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Well unless/until someone else shows up, Nordstrom is getting it done. He may not be scoring himself but he's getting the puck to DK & Jake so they can try to score. The more scoring chances you get the more likely you'll get a goal and that's what it is all about.

True. I would just like to see a talented player in the talented role. Nothing is working yet so rotate the prospects in unless they all fail. Nordstrom brings plenty of effort and speed. However if the second line is not scoring this team will be in more trouble than last postseason. That requires three players scoring. ;)

Reactions: BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
That just isn't going to happen and I think everyone here would do the same thing in his situation
I think some people would retire for health reasons for themselves and their family Sad but he is avoiding plays. How long can we carry him, he fits nowhere in the lineup. I know he is playing out of pride and making more money but really he has more then anyone needs. If its his experience that is needed, well then coach, on a good team he does not make the roster. Walk away healthy and wealthy, better then being traded for a 5th round pick. If this team is serious it is time to cut out the deadwood. everyone here can see it. Time to bring in hungry players like DeBrusk, not guys running out a pension

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Sad looking squad wow,outside of debrusk and our top line this team is not built for anything else..weak and getting pushed around like the Thornton led bruins(choker joe).

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I thought it was automatic suspension
You are correct. The league can't choose whether or not to suspend, him, technically they can choose to rescind the game misconduct. Semantics, really, but that's the technical interpretation.
He got a game not match.
I think he is OK to play.
Instigator in the final 5 minutes is automatic Game Misconduct. League can choose to rescind it, but that's up to them. He's not OK to play until that determination is made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad