GDT: Game 15 - Nashville @ Colorado - 8PM 11/7

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
We're forever haunted by Pracey's incompetence every time Sissons touches the puck against us it seems.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Wilson-Kerfoot-Dries
Nieto-Soderberg-Calvert
Greer-Kamenev-Bourque

Is there a worse group of forwards in the NHL? This team can make the playoffs, but it is going to come from the top line and Varlamov playing elite. It either needs to be a borderline shutout for Varlamov, or 3+ goals for the top line.

I think we all knew this going into the season, but having such a hot start may have skewed the view.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
We just aren’t close to the Preds/Sharks/Jets in our conference. They are so, so much better than us.

I don’t get this.

The score was 3-1. Nashville scored a bad goal on their 2nd and a lucky goal having a bunch of breaks on their PP goal.

Colorado had two goals taken away for tacky offside calls.

The predators outplayed the Avs in the first. But that was it.

Reactions: New Scotlander

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don’t get this.

The score was 3-1. Nashville scored a bad goal on their 2nd and a lucky goal having a bunch of breaks on their PP goal.

Colorado had two goals taken away for tacky offside calls.

The predators outplayed the Avs in the first. But that was it.

The game should've been a lot closer, but we just aren't close to them.

It's not an insult really, we're just not a contender yet.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The game should've been a lot closer, but we just aren't close to them.

It's not an insult really, we're just not a contender yet.

I ageee Colorado isn’t a cup contender like Nashville.

But it’s not like we are getting destroyed and look pathetic all night.

It’s somewhere in between cup contender and “so, so much better than us”

Reactions: nightonthesun

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
Pardon my sour grapes, but does anyone have a better look showing this was conclusively offsides? Thats the best look I can find and honestly can't tell. It's so grainy....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181108-001813.png
    Screenshot_20181108-001813.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Totally agree. I didn't see a definitive look on either one. That angle is deceiving all the time with the snow on the ice and lack of sharpness on the blueline. I didn't see any white between the puck and the blueline either.

I swear Laviolette gets a **** ton of calls because he screams at the refs every single game over every single play. Both offsides calls would have given the Preds a penalty if the refs upheld the goals. You don't think they knew he was gonna blow a gasket if they called it that way?

On the flip side, they have no problem making calls against Bednar because they know they won't hear a peep about it.
Totally agree with everything you said here. I hate to say it but what you said about the refs not wanting to hear it from Laviolette probably had some influence on the calls.

I also think we probably get at least one call if it's Roy behind the bench, because of the same concept, refs wouldn't have wanted the earful Roy would have given them.

It's a sad concept but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was true.

Reactions: Avspatti13

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
Wilson-Kerfoot-Dries
Nieto-Soderberg-Calvert
Greer-Kamenev-Bourque

Is there a worse group of forwards in the NHL? This team can make the playoffs, but it is going to come from the top line and Varlamov playing elite. It either needs to be a borderline shutout for Varlamov, or 3+ goals for the top line.

I think we all knew this going into the season, but having such a hot start may have skewed the view.

Just thought about the same thing yesterday. Watching those lines we doesn't even look like a playoff team, that group of forwards just looks horrible. Let's just hope first line is able to score enough goals to fight us to the wild card spot!

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This is what some ppl refuse to get. Player we drafted 2-3 years ago should now be ready to come in and help out when injuries hit. But because we were really poor with drafting/developing before Roy quit these guys are simply not there. So we are forced to play guys like Dano/Bourque/Dries/Greer who a not really NHL material. And this is the reason why losing 3!!! middle sixers hurt us a lot more than other teams.

And maybe, just maybe, Sakics approach to let the kids play and NOT bringing in help for our secondary scoring wasn't the smartest idea either.
Yep it's going to be an uphill battle with injuries due to poor Roy drafting. Until we can push guys like Bourque to a call up role, instead of every day player, we'll struggle when injuries occur.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Pardon my sour grapes, but does anyone have a better look showing this was conclusively offsides? Thats the best look I can find and honestly can't tell. It's so grainy....

Not sure this is anymore definitive but it's too close to overrule to me

Reactions: Waingro

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I still don't think it was offside. Only reason it looks that way is because when you zoom in so much it gets distorted so it looks like there was white.

Not to mention the ridiculousness of zooming in frame by frame to see if a play is millimetres offside. The challenge is so abused now.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I still don't think it was offside. Only reason it looks that way is because when you zoom in so much it gets distorted so it looks like there was white.

Not to mention the ridiculousness of zooming in frame by frame to see if a play is millimetres offside. The challenge is so abused now.
It really is , I know it's not Joe's style but I'd like to see him make a call to the league . These overturned calls and the reffing against us is too frequent.
Joe is well respected so it might put some pressure on the league and help down the road.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We just aren’t close to the Preds/Sharks/Jets in our conference. They are so, so much better than us.

This can't be! I was told we were the 4th best team in the league! :sarcasm:

A legit 2nd line would go a long ways to curing the Avs' ills. If the top line isn't carrying the team, the Avs don't win most of the time.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This can't be! I was told we were the 4th best team in the league! :sarcasm:

A legit 2nd line would go a long ways to curing the Avs' ills. If the top line isn't carrying the team, the Avs don't win most of the time.
Varly to CGY for Smith and a 1st.
Trade a conditional 1st and something else for Stone. The condition would be that Ottawa gets the 2nd of our 3 1sts in the draft.
Trade a 2nd and something for Hayes (f*** it, we already have two 1sts and two 3ds)

I am seriously curious what Treliving would offer for Varly though. His ass is as good as gone if they miss the playoffs again. Mike Smith is legitimately horrendous. There’s been smoke around Varly and the Flames before

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Again, I hate to keep mentioning this, but I put this 4 game losing streak on the Avs not able to come back from long breaks and be mentally or physically ready to play hockey again. Seems like they need to be playing every other night to stay in rhythm otherwise they lose it and somehow forget what was working for them. Before this last couple of long breaks and back to back games, this team looked like a cup contender.

I know I can keep blaming the schedule makers for making such dumb ass schedules, but the Avs just need to learn to play hockey in any situation.

They cant win after long breaks
They can't win the 2nd game of the back to back
They cant win a game in OT

All this need to be worked on and fixed because they are losing Important points in this situations

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Nashville and Tampa are the only teams that are standing out right now , the rest are all whatever. Still early but the Avs schedule will get better with more home games coming up.

Look at Pittsburgh for example, They are terrible and can hardly even score a goal and have lost 5 straight. The whole Pacific division is negative in goal differential except Calgary a meager +1 and Sharks +4.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_fan

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Wilson-Kerfoot-Dries
Nieto-Soderberg-Calvert
Greer-Kamenev-Bourque

Like I said before the season. We don't have second line. As long as we don't have second line, we don't stand a chance in playoffs. We need to focus on adding top end talent to our top6. Trade pieces we can!

Ideally Soderbergs line would be third line with Comeau type of players. That would be perfect but now they are playing top6 minutes and we are getting destroys because of it.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Varly to CGY for Smith and a 1st.
Trade a conditional 1st and something else for Stone. The condition would be that Ottawa gets the 2nd of our 3 1sts in the draft.
Trade a 2nd and something for Hayes (**** it, we already have two 1sts and two 3ds)

I am seriously curious what Treliving would offer for Varly though. His ass is as good as gone if they miss the playoffs again. Mike Smith is legitimately horrendous. There’s been smoke around Varly and the Flames before

Varly would probably have to be resigned for them to move for him.

I would prefer to move him if the price is decent, as compared to keeping him around,

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
The schedule over the last couple of weeks hasn't done a struggling team any favors. I think we'll see them getting back into their groove now going forward.

Don't think this team will be any better than last season's though. We'll probably have to fight tooth and nail for a wild card spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad