GDT: Game 15 - Nashville @ Colorado - 8PM 11/7

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Can't really complain. Nashville was by far better tonight, we're just not there yet.

I really hate that ****ing offsides challenge rule. Every time we score a goal I can't enjoy it because I'm watching the refs.
Far better? we had two goals called back on complete trash. The refs make the right calls and it's 3-3 with 10 minutes left in the third.

It's impossible to win games playing against two opponents, like we had tonight.

No team in the league can overcome two horrendous calls like we got tonight.

If I was Sakic I'd be filling a formal protest to the league, just so they know that, that was trash and completely unacceptable. The NHL should be ashamed of themselves right now.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Dude come on. They sat back in the final 10 minutes and dared the Avs to do something. The Avs couldn't even get possession in offensive zone. It's hard for me not to blame the scheduling, completely ****ed with their rhythm.

Yeah the offsides challenge rule is sucking the life out of these games, maybe one day the NHL will realize it doesn't matter if Kerfoot's skate is off the ice when it's still onsides.

Agree to disagree.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Far better, we had to goals called back on complete trash. The refs make the right calls and it's 3-3 with 10 minutes left in the third.

It's impossible to win games playing against two opponents, like we had tonight.

No team in the league can overcome two horrendous calls like we got tonight.

If I was Sakic I'd be filling a formal protest to the league, just so they know that, that was trash and completely unacceptable. The NHL should be ashamed of themselves right now.

I love Sakic, but times like this I wish we had one of the more vocal guys like a Burke, Tallon, Lamoriello, etc who would maybe call the league and be like hey.. what the f***.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Tonight was not a good game by the Avs tonight. At all. MacK was very good I thought...Rants was poor, Barrie's not generating what he usually does offensively, Varly let in a huge softie he should have had, and the bottom nine...well, what can I say. It's basically just one big fourth line.

I know there's three injuries, but they aren't to any of the star players, and injuries are inevitable in this league. Dano, Bourque, Nieto, Wilson, Dries, and Calvert forming the winger corps for three Avs lines tonight is nothing short of a joke for a club which made the playoffs last season. Being forced to ice that group of nearly talentless players with just a couple injuries to players who currently aren't all that spectacular themselves is a problem that falls squarely on the head of Sakic IMO. That's inexcusable. A projected bottom feeder should be embarrassed to ice that. They sometimes opportunistically pop one in but there's more to the game than that -- they don't drive play, they can never be relied on to score, nobody aside from the top line can be looked towards to score, and it makes matchups against the Avs a piece of cake for the opposition. Just worry about the top line and who cares if your own fourth line or bottom pair gets stuck out there -- they'll be playing against one of the Avs' three fourth lines.

But even despite the fact they probably deserved to lose tonight I have an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth. The offside rule either needs to go or needs to be heavily modified (e.g. time limit of <5 seconds between the puck entering the zone and the puck going into the net or the play isn't reviewable. The league claims to want more goals, yet they're actively taking away goals everybody 5 years ago happily celebrated with zero complaints.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Don't know if I have it in me to tune into the Jets game on Friday. These last 3 games have left such a sour f***ing taste in my mouth. I'll probably watch since it is Friday but I'll definitely stock up on alcohol so I can just get drunk and forget any of the BS that happens.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah I'm pissed right now, and I understand why people think we are bad. But the fact is, injuries are really catching up to us hard at the moment.

Being down JT, Jost and Ghetto is absolutely killing any depth right now. I know Jost has been the whipping boy so far, but he is far better than guys like Bourque or Dries.

We were counting on the above mentioned guys to be solid secondary scorers along with Kerfoot, Wilson etc.

The team was playing really well when those 3 were in the lineup. It makes a difference.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nah, when healthy we should crack the Top 10. But right now we are not and it shows on the ice.

Give me a break with "when healthy". JTC is getting grossly overrated since his injury and everyone was saying that Jost was a liability.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly thought we played a good game, could be tied going into OT right now. We were the better team in the last 40 minutes.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I love Sakic, but times like this I wish we had one of the more vocal guys like a Burke, Tallon, Lamoriello, etc who would maybe call the league and be like hey.. what the ****.
Usually I don't advocate for that kind of stuff but we've been on the butt end of some pretty pathetic calls the past 5 games, and it's really starting get out of control.

Reactions: Foppberg

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
But even despite the fact they probably deserved to lose tonight I have an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth. The offside rule either needs to go or needs to be heavily modified (e.g. time limit of <5 seconds between the puck entering the zone and the puck going into the net or the play isn't reviewable.

This, and just get rid of the offside challenge. Or let coaches challenge other game changing events. Either trust the refs for everything, or let the coaches challenge everything

Reactions: RareDangles

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The following players were garbage tonight:

-Nemeth
-Rantanen
-Johnson
-Dano
-Kerfoot
-Girard
-Calvert
-Kamenev
-Nieto
-Bourque
-Landeskog

The following players were meh

- Varlamov
-Barrie

Werent bad tonight

-Mackinnon
-Cole
-Soderberg
-Dries
-Zad

Patrik Nemeth should be benched for life. His bonehead play with the puck and Rantanens head up his ass play at the end of the second cost us this game. Bednar has zero in game adjustments and its bothersome. This team cannot win a draw to save its life. I know some people dont care about winning draws but tonight was a prime example of the other team simply not caring about icing and almost trolling the Avs with it knowing they cant do a damn thing about winning a faceoff. Its f***in embarrassing at this point when it comes to draws.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Give me a break with "when healthy". JTC is getting grossly overrated since his injury and everyone was saying that Jost was a liability.
No break for you dear sir. We are missing 3 guys who can actually create some offense (yeah, i know Josty yadda yadda yadda) and replaced them with grinders or NHL/AHL tweeners. We don't have the depth yet - even if these 3 are not the most important ones. With a full lineup we are a much more dangerous team.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
No break for you dear sir. We are missing 3 guys who can actually create some offense (yeah, i know Josty yadda yadda yadda) and replaced them with grinders or NHL/AHL tweeners. We don't have the depth yet - even if these 3 are not the most important ones. With a full lineup we are a much more dangerous team.
Dries has more points and has been much more dangerous than Jost. Its not even close.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol very happy I turned this one off after the 1st period.

We've seen this team before. The team that crumbles and breaks down at the first sight of adversity. 2014-2016 Avs under Roy and 16-17 Avs under Bednar. Looks like they're back to that mindset once again.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Team has been playing like hot garbage for a solid 10+ games since the beggining of the year. Varly and the 1st line managed to hide it on the scoresheet but it didn't change that fact. Yeah, we can blame the refs, blame it on injured players that weren't a factor when healthy, blame it on the full moon...but at the end of the day the AVS aren't playing good hockey.

I'd suggest lowering your expectations if you believe this is a top 10 team with JTC and Jost in the lineup else it probably won't be a fun season.

Reactions: Avs44 and BleedWell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad