GDT: Game 15 | Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild | 6:00 PM EST | FS-D

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
lol, and who gets Kronwall's assignment? Ericsson on the 1st PP? White on the 1st PK? Quincey against top lines? Yea I don't think that's what this team needs

CloneHakanPlease*

Can't wait to see our first pair burned for a few goals this game.

Death for Seth! (I kid, there is no way Babcock would be smart enough to let that happen).

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
He's already had his minutes cut. He's averaging his lowest EVS IT this year.

and even with his reduced minutes he managed to be a team worst -3 last game.

Until he can figure out how to keep the puck out of our net, and to stop screening Howard I'd keep cutting his ice-time.

Maybe facing opponents 2nd lines will help him improve his #'s and gain some confidence back.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Send the message that 10 points in 14 games is unacceptable and that youre hurting the team worse than a lot of guys. You take Kronwall out of the equation and that defense looks absolutely god awful.

10 points in 14 games is nice, but he is hurting the team worse than a lot of guys. The Stars scratched Goligoski recently to get his attention, so it's been done before to high profile guys.

The defense has looked god awful a lot of the time, and a fair amount of that is due to Kronwall. Any other year and I think Babs would have to give him a game or 2 off to get his mind and/or game together. Sadly, the rest of the d-unit is so shaky that he can't pull that trigger this year.

Agree with Flashy- cut his ES minutes. And I'd definitely have E take on the opposition's best lines.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
lol, and who gets Kronwall's assignment? Ericsson on the 1st PP? White on the 1st PK? Quincey against top lines? Yea I don't think that's what this team needs

At least Big Rig can hit the net with his shots and is much better at keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pretty weird that they benched Kindl after many good games.

But also, I don't understand this Lashoff bashing. Kronwall played last game with White and it was still the same catastrophy there. It was definitely not Brian Lashoff's fault, that Kronwall and White sucked together.

Lashoff is a god damn rookie, and on that point he's doing pretty good down there. He shouldn't be an all-star defenceman at this point. At same time people are whining that we should get some experience to our youngsters, and when Brian Lashoff is getting experience for future years, they start accusing him to be the reason for our 1st defencemen's struggle. Absolutely ridiculous to read this kind of **** in here. :shakehead

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You can't really blame Lashoff for much. Let's just see what he can do when he's not babysitting Kronwall.

CloneHakanPlease*

Great gdt btw. Lets hope for another strong showing from Tatar

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Kindl's comments about being benched. I feel for him, he should definitely still be in the line up. Disappointed with Babs decision.

Yeah, I have done my share of bagging on Kindl but he actually looked ok last game. They must be more worried about the PK than the PP, I guess. Or Babcock spent the entire Anaheim game playing Angry Birds. Has to be one of those two.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looks like Minnesota is having two great AHL-kids Jason Zucker and Johan Larsson up.

Bouchard is injured and they probably bench Konopka. Rupp is enough to deal with Tootoo.

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Granlund - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Larsson - Rupp

I predict career first NHL goals for both of those kids. Typically everybody makes that against the Red Wings.

But we will take the 2-3 win in a shootout.

Billy Mays Here*

Projected lines for the Wild tonight:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Rupp - Granlund - Mitchell

Suter - Spurgeon
Stoner - Gilbert
Brodin - Prosser

Edit: Beaten to it

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Just checked out the projected lineups, noticed the 2nd line of Sammy/Abby/Cleary.... yikes. Hard to see that line generating many/any good chances or sustaining pressure on the Wild.

Why not play E or Huskins with Kronwall? I'd rather have somebody defensively responsible with 55 to help him out. And that's not a shot at Lashoff- he's doing what he can, but he's an unheralded rookie.

Kinda unfortunate that we are trying to think of ways to cover for presumed #1 D-man with the A on his jersey, but that's where we're at.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The point is, I don't see why Kindl is sitting over at least 2 of the players currently playing right now. Ugh. UGH.....

He's put together a good string of solid performances and this is what happens?

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Have we scored a power play goal on the road this season?

Mrazek is the only thing keeping me optimistic about this one. A "1 line team" against a depleted roster. It should be quite the snorefest.

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

Pretty weird that they benched Kindl after many good games.

But also, I don't understand this Lashoff bashing. Kronwall played last game with White and it was still the same catastrophy there. It was definitely not Brian Lashoff's fault, that Kronwall and White sucked together.

Lashoff is a god damn rookie, and on that point he's doing pretty good down there. He shouldn't be an all-star defenceman at this point. At same time people are whining that we should get some experience to our youngsters, and when Brian Lashoff is getting experience for future years, they start accusing him to be the reason for our 1st defencemen's struggle. Absolutely ridiculous to read this kind of **** in here. :shakehead

People post what they think about BABCOCK or the TEAM.

Lashoff isn't ready. Not on this team.
He's being given every opportunity. Kindl, meanwhile, a first round pick, has been getting the yo-yo treatment for three years

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Game Day preview for anyone who is interested. I want to see some of the clips from those Go Pro's!!

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Lashoff plays the 3rd highest PK mins and isn't far behind Quincey. RWC calls him a Brad Stuart type of d-man.

The third highest PK minutes on the 25th best PK in the league, not very impressive. He may wear the same number as Stuart and play a somewhat similar style, Lashoff is still not and will never be a Stuart level dmen, he is terrible.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
People post what they think about BABCOCK or the TEAM.

Lashoff isn't ready. Not on this team.
He's being given every opportunity. Kindl, meanwhile, a first round pick, has been getting the yo-yo treatment for three years

Where he was picked is irrelevant at this point, Ericsson was picked last overall and he's been better than Kindl at both the AHL and NHL. I don't think Kindl is bad and he might end up being pretty good, but I don't see him having a future on this team, he doesn't do anything that well.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Have we scored a power play goal on the road this season?

NO.

If the Wings had an above league average PP, they would probably be within striking distance of Chicago. Same goes for better goaltending. Jimmy is currently 29th in save% and 33rd in GAA. Unacceptable.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The third highest PK minutes on the 25th best PK in the league, not very impressive. He may wear the same number as Stuart and play a somewhat similar style, Lashoff is still not and will never be a Stuart level dmen, he is terrible.

:laugh: He has the highest save percentage while on the ice of our main PK'ers. He's playing big mins EVS and on the PK and has a solid PK save percentage. You're entitled to your opinion, just understand the facts show something completely different from what you want to believe.

If Lashoff was bad he'd be sent down to GR and Kindl would be playing tonight. It's real easy to see what Babcock and Holland are thinking right now.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
:laugh: He has the highest save percentage while on the ice of our main PK'ers. He's playing big mins EVS and on the PK and has a solid PK save percentage. You're entitled to your opinion, just understand the facts show something completely different from what you want to believe.

If Lashoff was bad he'd be sent down to GR and Kindl would be playing tonight. It's real easy to see what Babcock and Holland are thinking right now.

By that logic Cleary is having a career year based on the ice time he is getting. :laugh::shakehead

RedWingsNow*

Where he was picked is irrelevant at this point, Ericsson was picked last overall and he's been better than Kindl at both the AHL and NHL. I don't think Kindl is bad and he might end up being pretty good, but I don't see him having a future on this team, he doesn't do anything that well.

You're defending your boy Babcock.

Anyone with eyes sees that Kindl is superior to Lashoff.

Lashoff does NOTHING well.

Kindl is a good passer. He can run the point. He can skate the puck up the ice. And he's better positionally than Lashoff.

I'm tried of this coach's lineup choices.
they're brutal

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Babcock's lineup choices are really starting to puzzle me, first he sits Huskins in favor of Lashoff and now sits Kindl to have both Lashoff and Huskins in the lineup after Kindl starts to play the best hockey of his NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad