GDT: Game 15: Coyotes @ Kings/ 10 Nov 2015 / 8:30 PM MST/ TV: FSAZ/ Radio 98.7 FM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Overal, quite impressive

Indeed. We have to give credit where credit is due, and Smith played a very solid game. There are no words to describe Hanzal or Boedker as those two are playing extremely great hockey.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah... I like that we got the win, but geez. No need to sit back once the game was tied. It drives me nuts. We just hope to get a win rather than keep doing what has been working and pushing the play.

Don't forget it was back to back games and maybe a little fatigue factored in a bit, but it was another great road win.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's amazing really. Year after year I'm convinced they won't be. Always prove me wrong.

The Oilers and Avs. They have so much talent and still..... I think McDavid will come back and save the Oilers. They look like a different team since he went down.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Terrific back to back wins.

Kudos to Tippett for putting Smith in goal. I would have put in Lindback.

I also agree with two other major Tippett decisions; First, playing Vermette instead of Jeffrey. LA plays a very punishing game. Our goalie might have been shaky. Those are two very good reasons not to put in Jeffrrey in his first week on the team.

Second, splitting up Domi and Duclair on the PP as well as on 5 on 5. Many teams have a shut down defensive line that they throw at the top opposition line. Splitting them up means that one of them will be playing against lesser talent.

I also thought that Elliot played like he belongs, as did Martinook. Martinook looks to have a long career.

Any complaints about Chip today? :laugh:

I agree. Elliot was playing well, then he had a real bad brain fart in our end. Overall, I sure can't complain.

Watch the replay. Smith made some spectacular saves last night.

Yep, Smith played solid.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I agree. Elliot was playing well, then he had a real bad brain fart in our end. Overall, I sure can't complain.

Yep, Smith played solid.

Yeah that one turnover by Elliot in our zone was hideous. Haha.

And there was one point where he was battling in the offensive corner too. Haha

Not too comfortable with that, but it didn't result in a goal or turnover

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's what I thought. Both the Ducks and the Kings were playing extremely well.

While I agree, both teams were playing well, the NHL today is still a game of mistakes and where you make them. The L.A turnover/pass to Hanzal, and McNabbs missed coverage cost L.A. the game. Ducks mistakes in there own end cost them the game too.

I liked our forecheck and Smith played well too, hope that continues....

zz

Nov 1, 2006
There's more to like about this team than I was expecting. Good mix of speed, skill and grit. Very refreshing.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Watching our team play sometimes is like watching Jar-Jar Binks defeat the droid army in The Phantom Menace.

What I'm saying is that I can't believe that we're 8-6-1 right now. :amazed:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Watching our team play sometimes is like watching Jar-Jar Binks defeat the droid army in The Phantom Menace.

15 games in: In a playoff position. Same record as Chicago (and Detroit). Ahead of Tampa Bay. Sooooooo much more fun than last year.

Although we're all just waiting around for the inevitable collapse, and the subsequent endless griping about our drafting order ("if only we hadn't had that start!") :(

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Watching our team play in Glendale is not the same as watching them play away games. I'm hoping that they get their act together in front of the home crowd.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Most impressive part of this thread is the lack of Chipchura talk.

He played where he should, and the type of game he should so not much to say. Of course now the conversation has started, let's spend the next three pages arguing about him.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Watching our team play in Glendale is not the same as watching them play away games. I'm hoping that they get their act together in front of the home crowd.

Yeah, makes me wonder if we are just trying to grip the sticks too tight at home - almost certain that it is the elephant in the room that we play loose on the road, but that we are struggling at home so far.

There's more to like about this team than I was expecting. Good mix of speed, skill and grit. Very refreshing.

One of those reasons that I was very bullish on this team at the start of the year. No way that we would achieve perfection every single game, but when playing consistently right, this team fights back into certain games, and has that feel of being opportunistic enough with the chances that we still are able to keep ourselves afloat. Eventually, the rookies may cool off some, but that is when we need the veterans to help out. That will mean the difference between being in the bottom 6 of the standings, the #10-14 pick range, or squeaking into one of the last seeds.

Remember, we only have to be the 3rd best team in the division, and we hold a playoff spot. Technically, if the season ended today in the old format, we would be the 9th seed and out.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yeah, makes me wonder if we are just trying to grip the sticks too tight at home - almost certain that it is the elephant in the room that we play loose on the road, but that we are struggling at home so far.

One of those reasons that I was very bullish on this team at the start of the year. No way that we would achieve perfection every single game, but when playing consistently right, this team fights back into certain games, and has that feel of being opportunistic enough with the chances that we still are able to keep ourselves afloat. Eventually, the rookies may cool off some, but that is when we need the veterans to help out. That will mean the difference between being in the bottom 6 of the standings, the #10-14 pick range, or squeaking into one of the last seeds.

Remember, we only have to be the 3rd best team in the division, and we hold a playoff spot. Technically, if the season ended today in the old format, we would be the 9th seed and out.

You were more bullish on the Coyotes at the start of this year then the rest of the doom and gloom fan base. It is still early, but the division looks pretty weak so far, and as a team, we look better then expected.
At the beginning of the year, I predicted that we wouldn't be last in the west, but would miss the playoffs. Too early to tell, but maybe we have a shot at the playoffs. I don't think Tip is doing it with mirrors this year to come up with wins and I think our Pizza goalie has let us down in a few games. PP is looking better too. I think we have a better chance of it all coming together (making playoffs) now versus it all falling apart (last place in west). The wild card to me is Smith, we never know what we are going to get, everything else Tip can figure out so we have a chance for points.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00