GDT: Game #15: Blues @ Coyotes - 2PM - FSA, NHLN - The Breaking Up Is Hard To Do Edition

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just gotta get more offense from Goose. He’s being paid way too much to only have one point right now.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
A little series review:

G= Goalies have been good (however both Kuemper and Raanta would probably want some goals back). There is room for improvement but Kuemper is confirming his ability to make key stops when momentum is against us during a game.

I don't know if it is possible but would not mind seeing Hill in the AHL for this weekend games so that he has some game time; and Prov coming up to be the third Coyotes goalie during that brief period.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
D= Defense has been a good surprise, very solid.

The real bumpy moments have come from OEL reintegrating the line-up, and for a game and a half both him and Bush's pairing was pretty horrible. OEL was then associated with Demers and this looked like a fine pairing in game 7. Oesterle has been very steady and Bush seems comfortable with him.

Bush needs to reduce some passing mistakes but his physicality is really a plus for this team. With Hammer coming back, he probably will be the D scratched next game which might also allow him to rest after a mad accumulation of games pretty much as soon as he was allowed to come to the country.

Who knows, perhaps RT will go with a 11F, 7D set up.
I am absolutely in love with Chychrun's play this year so cannot make an objective assessment. However he + Goli seems to be a strong pairing and Goli has risen in this series after a rough start of the season.

The D has been a strength for us so far, it has been taken greater chance with the puck and it has made a massive difference for this team's play.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
F= Hunt and Hayden have been a pleasant surprise in this series, really liked them in game 7. I think they have separated themselves from other options alla Fasching. Hayden's physicality is important to this team.

Our boys Fischer and Crouse have taken their game to another level. We can see they are a pain to play against but also can be difference makers. Crouse should have had a couple of goals in this series and Fischer is playing big. Very good on the PK too.

I have been very negative about Fischer in the past but I hope that he can crack on for the rest of this season as, both of them, in their roles, can really be part of the core of this team as reliable role players.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
The new guys: I like Pitlick, his influence is already VERY important. If he is not really on his A, speedy, game, the team feels it. He is smart in chasing the puck and with the puck. An essential role.

Brassard has been struggling during this series, we all know it. I hope he finds a way out it quickly, but perhaps not playing the Blues day in das out will help. Still early days for him I think, I am not very willing to be negative about him.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Short leash= An absolute revelation, all 3 of them.

Berube is one that can adjust, he has proven this at the highest, Standley Cup level. But he, and his team, have had no answer for Garland and his line over SEVEN GAMES.

They have not cracked that code at all and it is an incredible feat.

I am curious to see what other teams will do to try to counter them. And if they come empty, it almost feels that it will be at the cost of multi goals a night.

This line is worth paying a subscription, a game ticket at the moment. Not many lines in the league can claim that.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Notes=

- Kessel: very happy with his engagement in this team. The PP is not really working, and I would not mind the PP using him a lot, as a shooter for example. Might be worth a try.

- Dvorak: what a player. Looking forward to Dvo.3.exe....

- Face offs: Wondering what having more success on the faceoffs would bring to this team. The Blues are very good in that department but if we can win a few more face offs every game, I think it would be a season changer for us.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Those poor Bruins always play so clean.

Fact is you had 2 players suspended for headshots int he SCF. Never has happened before.

Also no penalty on the second headshot by Barbashev. Your coach cried like a school girl after G3 and all of a sudden headshots and slewfoots are going uncalled. Tough for Boston when the refs start favoring a team filled with trash. Series would have been over in 6
with Boston winning, but the refs tilted the series flat out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad