GDT: Game #15: Blues @ Coyotes - 2PM - FSA, NHLN - The Breaking Up Is Hard To Do Edition

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There will be UFA's that will sign, just not for the money they are use to.
No argument but the Poster I replied to implied the Coyotes would spend the Cap Space available. I have my doubts,

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
THIS.

Just finished watching the replay. If I ever see / meet Bill Armstrong in real life I am going to buy him the most expensive bottle of wine I can find (or whatever it is he drinks, probably worth finding out first). He must be loving the fact that his new team beat his old team in a seven game series.

Thanks STL for letting us hire your Assistant GM. Talk about a difference maker

Army looks like a guy who slams scotch.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I agree. There is no way the Yotes will be a cap team next year, no way.
There's no reason to. The team shouldn't be spending the money just because Meruelo can afford it. Just wait until they're good and make sure to have space for resigning the good young players along with luring in the missing piece in free agency or trade.

Reactions: RemoAZ

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Sweet, day hockey. I didn't even realize. Hopefully the power stays on long enough here in TX. So many people without power out here, it is so cold. My hot water wasn't working, left a faucet to drip and then a bunch of hot water came pouring out about 2 hours later. Just have to survive a few more days.

Yep, the power grids in Texas have a rotational thing to conserve energy. Yesterday, my power was on from 830-1130a, then 5p-645p, followed by 9p-11p (I honestly don't recall when it shut off, but it was before 1230a).

Couldn't watch game, but more importantly, stay safe. Wind chill is brutal, and more snow on its way Tue night through tomorrow.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There's no reason to. The team shouldn't be spending the money just because Meruelo can afford it. Just wait until they're good and make sure to have space for resigning the good young players along with luring in the missing piece in free agency or trade.
I agree, but Chayka had us at the top of the cap last year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Probably the best stretch of seven games I’ve seen this team play in a decade. The identity is starting to slowly change. When you take 4/7 from the previous Stanley cup champs, that’s a a good thing.
Winning. That's what they had to do against a good club. Now, they better not play down to the lesser clubs talent. I'm wondering what's going on in BA head about our coaching? This team did not show the work ethic last year it is showing the last seven games. Some of it I imagine are the players BA brought in, but how much is it from bringing in Vardy and Stillman? How much is it from young players maturing? I could be wrong but I give zero credit to RT.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Winning. That's what they had to do against a good club. Now, they better not play down to the lesser clubs talent. I'm wondering what's going on in BA head about our coaching? This team did not show the work ethic last year it is showing the last seven games. Some of it I imagine are the players BA brought in, but how much is it from bringing in Vardy and Stillman? How much is it from young players maturing? I could be wrong but I give zero credit to RT.
Schmaltz is healthy, Keller has been better, Garland is becoming world class, DVO looks like a 1C, and Chych looks like a top pairing D with his scoring. This is young players maturing not RT/assistants/BA.

The question is how good are we? We don't really know if the Blues are still that good. We know that we are pretty even with the Blues now, so if they are good, we are pretty good. The next 5-10 games should tell us, but I sure like what I see. Our upside is in the young guys turning the corner.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schmaltz is healthy, Keller has been better, Garland is becoming world class, DVO looks like a 1C, and Chych looks like a top pairing D with his scoring. This is young players maturing not RT/assistants/BA.

The question is how good are we? We don't really know if the Blues are still that good. We know that we are pretty even with the Blues now, so if they are good, we are pretty good. The next 5-10 games should tell us, but I sure like what I see. Our upside is in the young guys turning the corner.
If one of the kids broke out I would say it's maturity, but almost all are playing at a very high level at the moment. It's more than maturity in my opinion. What ever it is, I like it.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Right before ROR’s high stick, Perron got tackled with no call.
"Tackled"? Really?

Video clip would sure be helpful.

As for missed calls, that happens to both teams every game. For the losing team, it is always more egregious.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"Tackled"? Really?

Video clip would sure be helpful.

As for missed calls, that happens to both teams every game. For the losing team, it is always more egregious.
I mean, the officiating was terrible all series/season in both directions. Garland is mugged constantly, but even beyond that, I'm struggling to find a bunch of sympathy for the perennial contenders and recent Stanley Cup champs whining about the capricious whims of the hockey gods afflicting them in the series against *checks notes* the freaking Coyotes.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I suspect not as good as winning the Blues series would suggest. Still a bubble team to make the playoffs IMO.
We're just good enough to not be trading everyone until the deadline. That's when the big questions come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->