GDT: Game 15: Blue Jackets @ Coyotes | 2-16-13 | 6PM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyone reflect on Boedker? I keep hearing he's possibly the best offensive player out there every night.. But where are the goals? Doesn't he shoot enough? Is his shot Weak? Has he been unlucky?

Also, id expect to see more A's atleast?

He has a shot, he just doesn't use it. He did a lot of passing in Kitchener. I think he is still wowed and amazed by the NHL. It's kind of funny to see how he still talks about the other guys. So him not shooting might be an age thing. Being the teams main offensive guy is a lot for someone so modest.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Interesting take, X, and I tend to agree. I want desperarltely for him to be more selfish. I'm afraid the only way we can do that is acquire Frans Nielsen (haha).

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Man I wish Boyd Gordon would get more attention. He works hard all game every game no matter the score. I really think he should have got one of the "Stars of the Game" on many a night. I would rather see him with the A on his sweater than KY. I'd like to get his jersey but it sent to be the kiss of death for me the last two I bought, Fiddled gone, Carrillo gone, glad I won the Shmitty one last season so hopefully he resigns soon. Go Yotes. The Hunt for the Red (Brick Red that is June is on.

Last edited:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Man I wish Boyd Gordon would get more attention. He works hard all game every game no matter the score. I really think he should have got one of the "Stars of the Game" on many a night. I would rather see him with the A on his sweater than KY. I'd like to get his jersey but it sent to be the kiss of death for me the last two I bought, Fiddled gone, Carrillo gone, glad I won the Shmitty one last season so hopefully he resigns soon. Go Yotes. The Hunt for the Red (Brick Red that is June is on.

It's a shame that defensive centers like him and Hanzal don't get more respect and attention. His PK work is really impressive and he seems to love blocking CBJ shots. I also wish he was interviewed more often, but he is always serious and focused in. I read an article where Morris said he was a great guy, but way too serious on game days. Kinda have to be dialed in to do what he does.

I'm really hoping he likes it here and GMDM will give him enough of a pay raise so he re-signs here. Replacing him would be a challenge.

Last edited:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
True, I am not sure where Gordon ranks in the leauge in terms of checking centers. I know Steckel from the Leafs has the bests stats, not sure where Gordon ranks.

Perhaps XX or RT or someone more knowledgeable about it can chime in.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
The thing is, scoring in this league demands rare talent, whereas diving face first in front of pucks only requires a huge set of balls, which are much easier to find.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Good face-off men aren't easy to find either. But yeah you won't see me saying that Gordon is more valuable than Malkin.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gordon would be welcome on the vast majority of teams in the league. His importance to the Coyotes, especially on the PK, has been noted by other GMs I'm sure. It's just a shame that he completely neuters any line he is on, offensively. He could make 3x what he does now if he had any semblance of offensive talent. I'd be open to trading him at the deadline if we aren't near a playoff spot. He's a UFA and likely to walk anyways, given the drama going on here.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I'd say Gordon is the best 4th line center in the league; his downside is that if he get any other role than that or PKer then he is a mediocre player at best.

We'll miss him when he is gone because considering how tired we are of this ****ing relocation mess just imagine how the players feel about it?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've always loved Gordon. He puts up stats you don't see on the bottom line of espn. A huge asset to this team. I'll never forget the game against the Blue Jackets last year where he blocked 2 shots on the pk and could barely get off the ice. If I ever got a Jersey with a name on the back, I would love to have Gordon on the back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad