GDT: Game 15: Blue Jackets @ Coyotes | 2-16-13 | 6PM

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

extralarge.png
[size=+2]@[/size]
extralarge.png

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS (4-8-2) vs PHOENIX COYOTES (6-6-2)

Game 15 at the Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, AZ

3148985907_93bf659229.jpg

TV Coverage (Fox Sports Arizona)
Radio Coverage(XTRA SPORTS 910AM)

[fieldset=Head-to-Head Stats]

STATS | BLUE JACKETS | COYOTES
POWER PLAY | 14.3% | 17.9%
PENALTY KILL | 83.3% | 83%
GOALS/GAME | 2.13 | 2.43
GOALS AGAINST/GAME | 3.00 | 2.64
FACE OFF WIN PERCENTAGE | 49.2 | 52.1
SHOTS/GAME | 27.4 | 30.6
SHOTS AGAINST/GAME | 28.9 | 28.0

NOTE: All lines are subject to change.

388017_449991571690588_1112852550_n1.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Umberger​
|
Brassard​
|
Dorsett​
Prospal​
|
Anisimov​
|
Letestu​
Calvert​
|
Dubinsky​
|
Foligno​
Gillies​
|
MacKenzie​
|
Boll​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Johnson​
|
Aucoin​
Tyutin​
|
Nikitin​
Erixon​
|
Goloubef​

Goalie​
Mason​

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Steve Sullivan​
|
Antonie Vermette​
|
Shane Doan (C)
Mikkel Boedker​
|
Martin Hanzal(A)
|
Radim Vrbata​
Lauri Korpikoski​
|
Boyd Gordon​
|
David Moss​
Raffi Torres​
|
Kyle Chipchura​
|
Nick Johnson​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Oliver Ekman-Larsson​
|
Zbynek Michalek​
Keith Yandle (A)
|
Derek Morris​
Rostislav Klesla​
|
Michael Stone​

Goalie​
Mike Smith​

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@azc_mclellan: No Morris on the ice this morning at #Coyotes skate."

Also first time we got a team off a back to back in which the Yotes had a night off.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
A somewhat normal GDT, I'm not used to this.

To be honest, I can't find much about this team to rip about. Not to mention a team that can be argued is simular to this team in many ways, only without the winning a playoff series and the ownership mess.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I have Morris in my hockey pool! Is he playing tonight?

No

Other news:

"@azc_mclellan: Lombardi (shoulder) has been cleared for contact. Could go Monday vs. Calgary. Otherwise Tippett expects he'll be able to go next weekend."

"@azc_mclellan: Morris is out tonight. Feeling better but still day-to-day. Schlemko (shoulder) will start skating tomorrow."

"@Aportzline: #CBJ C Artem Anisimov (foot) is out tonight vs. #Coyotes, so C Nick Drazenovic will make his #CBJ debut. Played 3 games w #STLBlues in 09-10"

Last edited:

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
No

Other news:

"@azc_mclellan: Lombardi (shoulder) has been cleared for contact. Could go Monday vs. Calgary. Otherwise Tippett expects he'll be able to go next weekend."

"@azc_mclellan: Morris is out tonight. Feeling better but still day-to-day. Schlemko (shoulder) will start skating tomorrow."

How has Lombardi looked so far?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
To be honest, I can't find much about this team to rip about. Not to mention a team that can be argued is simular to this team in many ways, only without the winning a playoff series and the ownership mess.

Don't worry, it's refreshing. Much rather have a simple GTD that gives me all the straight facts of the game. I use HF mobile and HF mobile only, so when all these YouTube videos and .gifs are used, i don't even bother. Takes forever to load and wastes my battery. When they are simple like this, i can actually post in the thread.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I think I saw that Biz is playing instead of Johnson. :shakehead

Biz has actually impressed me this year. Scrappier, grittier, quicker. Looks like he genuinely enjoys helping this team. No matter what anybody says about him on these boards, "bizwussy" or whatever, nobody truly understands what the amount of pressure a goon faces. Imagine going to work everyday pretty much knowing you're going to get into a fight. He may not be the best fighter, but he certainly doesn't suck, and i appreciate everytime he drops the gloves for this team. It's called sacrificing your body.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Biz has actually impressed me this year. Scrappier, grittier, quicker. Looks like he genuinely enjoys helping this team. No matter what anybody says about him on these boards, "bizwussy" or whatever, nobody truly understands what the amount of pressure a goon faces. Imagine going to work everyday pretty much knowing you're going to get into a fight. He may not be the best fighter, but he certainly doesn't suck, and i appreciate everytime he drops the gloves for this team. It's called sacrificing your body.

Great post.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

I agree on all points. Also interesting to have him suit up against the only 2 guys who owned him a fight the past couple of years. Gillies when he was with the Islanders handled Biz pretty easily and remember the fight where Boll broke Biz' nose a couple of years ago and nearly dropped him. Good chance he goes with one or both tonight.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Predicting a Coyote offensive explosian tonight! 5-6 goals and Doaner with his second hat-trick.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

It's not like Boll or Gillies is going to grab a random Coyote and start punching them unless you put in Biz. He has no reason to be on this team. I'm not sure how you can judge his contributions as being 'better' when he gets 5 minutes of TOI a game. Johnson is in every way a better player and absolutely should be in. Biz should be playing in a beer league where sideshow attractions belong.

letbob

Mar 15, 2008
Chandler, AZ

Lacks hockey skills. What does he bring to the offense or defense ?
Good guy, though. :shakehead

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

He needs to get on the scorecard and give management a reason to not send him down again. He is frustrating to watch. The tools are so obviously there. You could argue he has a better feel for the offensive zone than OEL. But he reminds me of Lepisto in the defensive zone. Outmatched by nearly everyone, and not enough stick skill to mitigate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad