GDT: Game 15: Blue Jackets @ Coyotes | 2-16-13 | 6PM

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
much much better on the last power play, boedker has had so many chances but can't buy a goal. he has been possibly our best offensive player

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
In 11 games, Hanzal has 7 goals and 10 points. 50 goal pace.

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
Nice win in a real goofy game! Stepdad says he'll definitely be going to another.

Kind of spooked by what I'm hearing about Vrbata though. Didn't see anything on my end.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yandle having a great game. Hopefully some scouts watching. :sarcasm:

Yandle's best game is a LONG time. Like I mentioned before, he seems to play much better when not paired with Morris. Summers best game that I can remember. I thought Rundblad also had a fairly good game except for that one ill advised pinch, but his moment with the puck on th PP is pretty good.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Just got back from the game.

Weird first period. Lots of stop and go and I kept joking that all our power play opportunities weren't helping us on offense anyway. Things seemed to go back to being fairly routine in the second and third though.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Heading out the door to the game now. Bringing my stepfather to his first hockey game :) hoping the boys can put on an exciting show tonight.

I see you are from Florence, did you stop in Circle K on Watson by chance on the way? I saw a few Coyotes fans roll through!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Love OEL's tough guy attitude in that scrum. And every scrum, lol

OEL is just an epic hockey player. He may not be tough (we really don't know), but damn does he not give a **** who is going after him. He simply does not care. I don't think it is an act to look tough as much as it is he is apathetic to just about everything.

The other team always seems to be pissed off at him and never cares who goes at him, he will not move or skate away.

When the Coyotes leave, watching him play will be the thing I will miss most.

So glad we got this win. On to the next one.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I'm glad for the win. Lets keep them coming.

Anaheim is starting to make me nervous. They finished the last half of last season strong and they look very strong right now.

I hope Vrbata is ok. If hes out that is really going to weaken our offense.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
After having a few hours to reflect on that game, it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. Lapses defensively, especially in the first. Power play still sucks (1 for 7?! :help:) but bright spots were there also.

I thought the Torres-Chip-Biz line was actually quite effective tonight. They even got a goal and some other chances! Very nice to see. Summers was good in his severely limited time (should see more TOI), especially when he sent McKenzie to the ground after the latter was swinging and missing worse than Mark Reynolds.

And I can't make up my mind on Yandle. He's as talented as any D-man in the league and when he's on, there aren't many that are better. But then he goes into these phases where it's just like "***** was that, Yands?"

#HanzalForHartTrophy. Ok, not really, but I'm pretty sure he does nothing wrong on the ice. Maybe it's just my Coyote man-crush for him, but even if he does make mistakes, he quickly erases them with solid plays.

A win is a win nonetheless, and we need to pick up some momentum in preparation for the swing through Western Canada next week. Tonight was a decent start.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Anyone reflect on Boedker? I keep hearing he's possibly the best offensive player out there every night.. But where are the goals? Doesn't he shoot enough? Is his shot Weak? Has he been unlucky?

Also, id expect to see more A's atleast?

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
FYI the Gillies playing for Columbus is not the former Islander and this Gillies is not really a fighter.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Anyone reflect on Boedker? I keep hearing he's possibly the best offensive player out there every night.. But where are the goals? Doesn't he shoot enought.. Is his shot Weak? Has he been unlucky?

If Boedker had someone who could keep up with him on this team he'd rack up a ton more assists. On the Moss goal tonight, he just happened to be in the right place after coming out of the box. When that play normally happens It probably would have resulted in nothing.

And yes, he doesn't shoot enough.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
If Boedker had someone who could keep up with him on this team he'd rack up a ton more assists. On the Moss goal tonight, he just happened to be in the right place after coming out of the box. When that play normally happens It probably would have resulted in nothing.

And yes, he doesn't shoot enough.

Thanks for the feedback :)

So, somebody make Tippet force Boedker to shoot more :nod:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Anyone reflect on Boedker? I keep hearing he's possibly the best offensive player out there every night.. But where are the goals? Doesn't he shoot enough? Is his shot Weak? Has he been unlucky?

He simply does not finish well, works hard and has the talent to make a lot happen, but can't seem to finish consistently. We all hope he regains his playoff form of last season and he should... but when?

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Preview of the future. ..but they have 5 days off so hopefully more are ready after Monday.

"@azc_mclellan: No Vrbata, Hanzal and Morris on the ice for practice this morning. Lombardi is skating with Sullivan and Johnson."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad