Post-Game Talk: GAME 14 - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Fair point.

I just worry about that plan because as we’ve seen with Barkov and others, teams are usually smart enough to find a way to fit those guys in.

Of course next summer could be an aberration.

Maybe Nylander makes it to FA and wants to play with Pasta, as I can’t believe Toronto can justify another 10+ million dollar forward, given their defense and goaltending issues.

Or Lindholm will want to out of Calgary?

Either way, I don’t want any more #1’s or Poitras moved this season.
I would go to church and light every candle - and also giggle my butt off - if Toronto dropped another 10M on a single forward.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’m surprised there are still folks here who are surprised by Pasta’s playing style. For the good of your sanity just remember that when he has the puck he ALWAYS tries to make the attacking play and NEVER makes the safe play.

As for Poitras, the challenges he’s facing now are exactly why he belongs in the NHL rather than racking up stats in the OHL. I see a player who’s a bit overmatched but is still actively involved in the play, trying different things, and learning.

Its also probably the time of year to start giving him nights off the grind will catch up and hes probably playing 70 games max anyways.

Coyle's big year makes it easier to reduce Poitras role and sometimes less is more.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We better hope Looch is healthy for the PO'S cause if he's not the Bruins are going to get run over the way they always have the last several seasons.

P.S. Zadorov is available. It's not always about the best player, it's about the right one. Zadorov is exactly what the Bruins need now.

Zadorov is close to where Forbort was when he was signed logged a lot of minutes and likely to lose a step soon.

I'd flip him and Gryz but would be terrified of giving him a long extension near his current cap hit.

Would be great with Carlo though noone is scoring on that pairing.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Way too much the sky is falling and trade everyone crap. They are 10-1-2. There are going to be games like Thursday and then there will be games like last night. Shit happens. Take the lessons learned and you move on.
11-1-2 but who's counting??

I just see lots of disappointed Bruins fans here (myself included) because it was the much hated habs

Unfortunately the players didn't have the same hate for the habs last night as most B's fans do, but I have a feeling we'll see a better effort next Saturday

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm sure he will. The kid is 19 and still growing. It's kind of what you would expect. We need his full grown linemates to open up ice for him.

Pasta is just fine.

I love Pasta. He is such a fun player to watch. He's incredible. But he really needs to work on not giving up the puck. He tends to get lazy on "bad" nights with his sticks and the puck goes the other way. We've been fortunate enough in our goalies. But I'd like to see him be a bit stronger on the puck. That's all.

I know some on here think any critique of Pasta is uncalled for. But no player is infallible. Just a bit stronger on the puck and limit your giveaways. That's not a big ask.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I love Pasta. He is such a fun player to watch. He's incredible. But he really needs to work on not giving up the puck. He tends to get lazy on "bad" nights with his sticks and the puck goes the other way. We've been fortunate enough in out goalies. But I'd like to see him be a bit stronger on the puck. That's all.

I know some on here think any critique of Pasta is uncalled for. But no player is infallible. Just a bit stronger on the puck and limit your giveaways. That's not a big ask.
I agree pasta needs to be more responsible with the puck no question. But i find it funny that when someone questions jake you jump to his defence. Its comical now

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
No sure what you are seeing but I don’t see a bigger tougher team. I actually see a softer team or the same. Yeah Lucic will help but he is a fourth liner playing limited minutes. They need some more snarl in the top 6 and top 4 on D. It’s been a problem for years.

I don’t really blame Sweeney because finding that snarl while producing numbers worthy of a top pairings is like finding gold. I still think until they find this I will always be less confident in the playoffs with the team currently constructed
I understand what you are saying, but IMO Swayman gain experience, the goalie tender have face last year PO which was one of Ullmark experience, they are bigger upfront, and Lucic won't let anything go à la Tkachuk like last year. They are younger and will be more healthy and Again, I think they are bigger with Lucic, Van riemsdyk, Beecher etc..

Are they Cup contender, time will say. But same was said last year at this time of the year. If they continue like last year to win and win all season.... expectations will come hard on them. ... I think they have learn from last year.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I agree pasta needs to be more responsible with the puck no question. But i find it funny that when someone questions jake you jump to his defence. Its comical now

I don't jump to any defense. I've been very fair to Jake this year. Very fair. I've said he needs to score and he will. But hes improved his overall game and has been good despite not scoring. Thats a fact. I was the only one defending him in the covid year when he was struggling and many posters on here who were downright disgusting to him. I won't forget those posts. In fact, I don't even bother responding to most Jake posts because you get petty and for other posters it gets personal. It never should be. This is a forum for people to disagree or agree on things. Over the years, this place has become toxic. And the sycophants that accompany certain posters is very evident.

Nothing I've said about Pasta was wrong or insulting. Nothing I've said about Jake this year has been crazy. I defending him against that one poster who accused him of being late to a meeting because he was "drunk". Which was a false report from a loser former player. You see what you want to see. Like when you claim Jake pouts on the bench and hasn't this year. I can't change your mind, nor would I want to. I'm not on here to argue over nonsense. Especially not over whether I "jump to" Jake's defense.

Give me a break.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Zadorov is close to where Forbort was when he was signed logged a lot of minutes and likely to lose a step soon.

I'd flip him and Gryz but would be terrified of giving him a long extension near his current cap hit.

Would you do 5years/20M

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Would you do 5years/20M
Absolutely not. He will slow down by the end of it and be a buyout candidate.

Could see him having the same kind of experience in free agency that Bertuzzi did and having to take a much smaller deal than expected.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I love Pasta. He is such a fun player to watch. He's incredible. But he really needs to work on not giving up the puck. He tends to get lazy on "bad" nights with his sticks and the puck goes the other way. We've been fortunate enough in our goalies. But I'd like to see him be a bit stronger on the puck. That's all.

No, that's not unfair, but at this point I just think that is who he is and always will be. He does giveaway pucks but he also game breaks and can pretty much score any time from anywhere. It's a trade off you have to accept and overall it's hugely in the Bruins favor.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No, that's not unfair, but at this point I just think that is who he is and always will be. He does giveaway pucks but he also game breaks and can pretty much score any time from anywhere. It's a trade off you have to accept and overall it's hugely in the Bruins favor.
It's a give and take. I'll always take him even with the giveaways, even if they make me hold my breath lol

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yep. Can't add anything big this season at the trade deadline. If they make the playoffs they go in with what they have and maybe add a Brian Gionta or Greg zanon. Next season is when Sweeney tinkers to make a cup contender.
He has to hopefully find that top line centre ( I like Zacha for record ) then see how things unfold I guess.No 1st rd pick this yr or in 2024 so I am hoping they can keep 2025 1st rounder but cross that bridge later

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Disagree, neither is terribly agile and a lot of people would pop home rebounds and rush goals on that pairing.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Agreed, and most nights Pasta will backcheck hard after a giveaway. Guilt is a powerful motivator. However, last night he didn't for some reason.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Absolutely not. He will slow down by the end of it and be a buyout candidate.

Could see him having the same kind of experience in free agency that Bertuzzi did and having to take a much smaller deal than expected.

Not will all the $$$ that is going to be around this summer. GMs are going to have a hole burning in their pocket after years of flat cap.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday, November 13 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 11 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice
- Travel to Buffalo

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I don't jump to any defense. I've been very fair to Jake this year. Very fair. I've said he needs to score and he will. But hes improved his overall game and has been good despite not scoring. Thats a fact. I was the only one defending him in the covid year when he was struggling and many posters on here who were downright disgusting to him. I won't forget those posts. In fact, I don't even bother responding to most Jake posts because you get petty and for other posters it gets personal. It never should be. This is a forum for people to disagree or agree on things. Over the years, this place has become toxic. And the sycophants that accompany certain posters is very evident.

Nothing I've said about Pasta was wrong or insulting. Nothing I've said about Jake this year has been crazy. I defending him against that one poster who accused him of being late to a meeting because he was "drunk". Which was a false report from a loser former player. You see what you want to see. Like when you claim Jake pouts on the bench and hasn't this year. I can't change your mind, nor would I want to. I'm not on here to argue over nonsense. Especially not over whether I "jump to" Jake's defense.

Give me a break.
How is it petty saying he needs to score. We can get any fourth liner to kill penalties. He is getting paid to score. He hasn’t done so. He should be criticized. Pasta does turnover the puck to much. But he makes up for it by scoring. Jake just pouts

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
  1. There's no question that Jake is underperforming right now.
  2. It's also true that he is working hard despite his scoring struggles.
  3. We have the INSANE luxury of waiting for Jake to find his game while we sit at the top of the standings, hoarding points like Scrooge McDuck.
  4. I personally am confident that he will find his scoring touch. The only question is how patient do we have to be? For me, I'll start worrying if we don't see improvement by the time we reach the new year.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
We better hope Looch is healthy for the PO'S cause if he's not the Bruins are going to get run over the way they always have the last several seasons.

P.S. Zadorov is available. It's not always about the best player, it's about the right one. Zadorov is exactly what the Bruins need now.

100% to Lucic.

Zadorov is a concern. Calgary dominated the Bruins last season in Calgary only for Zadorov to try a Phaneuf hit on Debrusk in OT, losing the game in the process.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
  1. There's no question that Jake is underperforming right now.
  2. It's also true that he is working hard despite his scoring struggles.
  3. We have the INSANE luxury of waiting for Jake to find his game while we sit at the top of the standings, hoarding points like Scrooge McDuck.
  4. I personally am confident that he will find his scoring touch. The only question is how patient do we have to be? For me, I'll start worrying if we don't see improvement by the time we reach the new year.

Excellent!

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Really curious what this is doing to Jake's next deal. I think it probably means his agent will look for a 1 or 2 year deal maybe. That's probably fine anyway. Have his expire at the same time as Linus and Marchy give or take.

Maybe like 2 x 4.5M is being awful kind for the present production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad