GDT: Game #14 || "Choker Awards" || Capitals @ Canucks || Mon Oct 28/13 7PM SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Good luck tonight, hopefully the Caps win, but I want a good game from both teams (usually they seem to be). Can anyone inform me what exactly happened to the bottom 6? Due to living in England, I don't pay that much attention to the West Coast teams (time difference is a big factor in this.) Also, what are your thoughts on the season so far? How has Sedin-Sedin-Kesler looked compared to Sedin-Sedin-Burrows?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Good luck tonight, hopefully the Caps win, but I want a good game from both teams (usually they seem to be). Can anyone inform me what exactly happened to the bottom 6? Due to living in England, I don't pay that much attention to the West Coast teams (time difference is a big factor in this.) Also, what are your thoughts on the season so far? How has Sedin-Sedin-Kesler looked compared to Sedin-Sedin-Burrows?

Don't worry, the eastern media that's only a few hours different than us doesn't care about us at all (unless we're doing something bad). We're used to it. :laugh:

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
How has Sedin-Sedin-Kesler looked compared to Sedin-Sedin-Burrows?

Well, they have been productive.

But they aren't as dominant in terms of playing, if you know what I mean... like, they haven't had any really long 30-40 second plays just cycling the puck creating chances.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Injuries happened. A lot of them. Schroeder is out for 2 months, Hansen and Weise are out for a month, Booth is out for 2 weeks, and Dalpe is on a conditioning stint in the AHL.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Volpatti nets three marking the beginning of his new playstyle as a gritty, two-way forward who's good for 30 goals on Backstrom's wing.

lol, hopefully a win, I could see an absolute shootout as we've seen it before when these two square off.

Go Nucks Go!!

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Injuries happened. A lot of them. Schroeder is out for 2 months, Hansen and Weise are out for a month, Booth is out for 2 weeks, and Dalpe is on a conditioning stint in the AHL.

Damn, we have to play SJ within the next 2 weeks, guess the chances of us beating them this year are slim next to none.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Thanks for the kind responses :)

Damn, all for a good chunk of time too :(

A lot better. Burrows just isn't as good as Kesler.

They should have a field day against Erskine and Oleksy :(

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
What does his WHL points 30 years ago have to do with the ability to assess talent?
Scott Scissons had back to back 80 point seasons in the WHL too......

Yeah exactly, Scott Scissions

I was just reading about Ray Ferraro's great play in the 91/92 and 92/93 seasons, especially in the 93 playoffs against Lemieux and the Penguins, in the book "A Season In Time" by Todd Denault. Highly recommend the book.

But yeah, Ferraro wasn't exactly Lonny Bohonos.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I hope Volpatti fights Sestito...and wins. I'm a big Volpatti fan, still not thrilled with that trade off (though Sestito has been less horrid to start this season).

Me too. :handclap:

Volpatti >>>>> Pinner. Volpatti's hits are awesome.

I remember nuck management talking about pinner like he was some god. He had one big hit on his first shift of his first game and then did nothing. I was pissed off at how we lost volpatti. In one of his games with us, I think volpatti got a black eye from a fight. I think he is a good fighter, but i was actually a bit worried that he was having to fight a bit too much on our team. Sestito isn't the greatest fighter, but he is a lot taller and just seems to lose his balance after a little bit of fighting which ends the fight pretty quick. I'd be more worried about volpatti having to answer the bell against legit heavyweights, but Sestito can go with them and be meh.

Last edited:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
been sick all day which means the nucks have to win for me...infallible logic

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Lineup looks pretty solid tonight. I knew Burr was coming back for the Caps game I just knew it!

2011 again?

Bottom six:

Richardson
Santorelli
Hansen
Kassian
Welsh???

Sestito

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
What does his WHL points 30 years ago have to do with the ability to assess talent?
Scott Scissons had back to back 80 point seasons in the WHL too......

Yeah exactly, Scott Scissions

To be fair, I believe Scissons got injured at the end of his WHL career, which eventually led to his early retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad