GDT: Game #14 || "Choker Awards" || Capitals @ Canucks || Mon Oct 28/13 7PM SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
I think you guys are overlooking something very critical here..

May I present to you:

The return of...

The one who got away

6789238.jpg

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Are you sure about that? He seems pretty level headed based on the years I've heard him give his opinions. I am skeptical he would be so critical of any player especially given the short time Garrison was with the Canucks.

Yeah... he was asked who was the biggest FA bust, so it's not like he pulled it out of a hat. I think it was on a special... like the TD special or something. He had to choose between like... Matt Carle or Jason Garrison.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The Caps are 5-5-1 when Ovi scores. He really doesn't need to be off to beat the Caps.

Oh, and this team sucks and we should fire Gillis. The 3rd line terrible. Kesler and the Sedins are back to just floating. We will be lucky to make the playoffs.

There, now you've posted some in progress comments.

Find me a post where I have said that?
k thanks

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Ray Ferraro on the Canucks just now.

"They are too thin. The minutes that Torts is playing the top players is unsustainable. Kesler and the Sedins will break down. The wheels are going to fall off." -His words

Bearish on Richardson and Santorelli.

Ray Ferraro also called Garrison the biggest disappointment of free agency last year... Not to worried.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

"They are too thin. The minutes that Torts is playing the top players is unsustainable. Kesler and the Sedins will break down. The wheels are going to fall off." -His words

Oh you mean the guy whos never coached a player past the age of 10? The same guy whos biggest fight of his career was against Jason Botchford?

More lisp therapy for him, less stupid comments would be nice.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Caps fans. Hoo-wee.

I guess it's at least somewhat justified because of the NYR - Capitals playoff rivalry, Tortorella, etcetera.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Are you sure about that? He seems pretty level headed based on the years I've heard him give his opinions. I am skeptical he would be so critical of any player especially given the short time Garrison was with the Canucks.

I didn't know Ray posted here! Welcome.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Oh you mean the guy whos never coached a player past the age of 10? The same guy whos biggest fight of his career was against Jason Botchford?

More lisp therapy for him, less stupid comments would be nice.

Also the guy who put together this season in the WHL:

72 GP, 108 G, 84 A, 192 P

And put together a few decent PPG seasons in the show.

If you were talking about Ray Ferraro ;)

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Also the guy who put together this season in the WHL:

72 GP, 108 G, 84 A, 192 P

And put together a few decent PPG seasons in the show.

If you were talking about Ray Ferraro ;)

What does his WHL points 30 years ago have to do with the ability to assess talent?
Scott Scissons had back to back 80 point seasons in the WHL too......

Yeah exactly, Scott Scissions

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
What does his WHL points 30 years ago have to do with the ability to assess talent?
Scott Scissons had back to back 80 point seasons in the WHL too......

Yeah exactly, Scott Scissions

I was just throwing out an amazing stat...

108 goals. That's pretty amazing.

And PPG in the NHL is pretty cool too.

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Who cares what the media say about ice time they just want to rant about something

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012

Oh, really Ray?! Ya don't say.. we're icing a bottom six straight out of the AHL, but kudos for pointing that out. It's what he have to do right now to win some games.

Auger

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
I am hoping for a good game. I am very interested to see how Burrows and Santorelli work together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
The unfortunate fact with most NHL coaches is that they have to scratch and claw for every win now or they might might be around at the end of the year. They can't afford to be as invested in the team's future (even April) as the fans are.

If the Canucks lose a lot in 4 months because Kesler and a Sedin are injured, guess what?.......Torts he keeps his job because it's not his fault they are losing. He's doing what I would do in his position. He would need to be ordered to do otherwise, which isn't likely.

Shinkaruk

Jul 13, 2013
Ontario
It seems like every team still thinks we have a "rivalry" with them. I remember when Dallas players said last season "We have a good rivalry with Vancouver." And literally every canucks fan was so confused after the game. I guess this time, torts is a big reason why caps fans hate us.

Who wants to tell Ray Ferraro that we have 4 injuries...5 if you include Jensen who would have been called up.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
The unfortunate fact with most NHL coaches is that they have to scratch and claw for every win now or they might might be around at the end of the year. They can't afford to be as invested in the team's future (even April) as the fans are.

If the Canucks lose a lot in 4 months because Kesler and a Sedin are injured, guess what?.......Torts he keeps his job because it's not his fault they are losing. He's doing what I would do in his position. He would need to be ordered to do otherwise, which isn't likely.

Meh, I don't think Torts needs to be concerned about losing his job before the year's over. He's likely just playing our top players a lot because that's what he likes to do.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Ray can piss me off as much as anybody.

But the truth is, it is a realistic worry.

It's a long season and we are one of the travel intensive teams and our early schedule has been brutal.

Of course some players, the real workhorses, thrive on this level of play. Hopefully, the Sedins and Kesler fall into this category.

And hopefully We aren't in a dogfight at the end of the season so that we can gve these guys some proper rest.

Because if there is and injury to one of our top guys, then the torches and pitchforks will appear and the mob will come out of the woodwork screaming that HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THEM THAT MUCH!

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Not sure if this Canucks team is over-performing based on hard work or they still have that talent from 2011. Hard work is good, but as you get further in the playoffs, you need the talent to back it up. Cinderella teams don't win cups. Exceptions aren't the rule.

LolClarkson*

There is always room for surprises. Ray was also documented in November 2008 for saying Alex Burrows would never be a 30-goal scorer. It was the logical conclusion at the time, but of course we were all pleasantly shocked when Burrows became the key to the team's resurgence a few months later.

Yes I remember that well. He was also high on Calgary that same year.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad