GDT: Game 14: Canada Vs Germany | 9AM EST 3PM CET

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I think they are missing a golden opportunity to pressure the Canada D in their own zone.

Both Russia and the USA showed that they will turn pucks over and miss passes under pressure.
They've played a pretty solid forecheck in the first but lost a little bit of their determination after Canada scored. Hope they come back in the 2nd period, maybe it should be noted that we're nowhere near the US or Russia, so keeping it calm and not forcing turnovers might be a good thing. :nod:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Lol I doubt he'll lose too much sleep over it.

Got his whole career ahead of him, why risk further injury over a minor league scrimmage tourney?

This ain't the Olympics, where "reperesting country" actually matters.

They're kids.
I mean that is kind of silly. If this tournament doesn't matter then why does the Olympics matter? It can be the right decision to make without minimizing what the tournament actually means to these kids....which is a hell of a lot more then a minor league scrimmage tournament lol

Reactions: hockey20000

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
77D0C2DE-6430-47F4-A870-59536B9B137A.jpeg

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean it really wasn't much of an update anyways, he didn't say anything new. If he is injured then he won't play, I would hope not. I am also sure 2nd and 3rd opinions are pretty common place when it comes to any injuries or potential injuries.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Would he be though? I mean I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play injured. But when is he losing millions? Could blow his knee out his next practice and he is still going top 3 and getting a fully loaded ELC.
Sure, he's getting a few million from his ELC regardless, but what about beyond that? Knees are crucial, any sort of potential for recurring injury is going to have teams wary on long-term deals.

Reactions: NyQuil and wacko2

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sure, he's getting a few million from his ELC regardless, but what about beyond that? Knees are crucial, any sort of potential for recurring injury is going to have teams wary on long-term deals.
I highly doubt that a knee injury in his draft eligible season would impact his 2nd deal three and a half years from now. Like I said I am pretty sure this update is just them doing proper due diligence and really no player should play injured. But his future earning really is not at stake here.

Reactions: shello

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hard to believe that Canada had 20 shots in that first period. Not enjoying their overly fancy plays that work sometimes, but not often, against Germany but won't work against top teams.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
should be able to trust team canada doctors not thi bs about sending it to montreal and Minnie that's just a beat around the bush way of saying I don't want to play.. so let him just say im done and head back home lol.
HC doctors will do what’s best for HC because HC is paying them.

If I’m Laf I do the exact same thing.

Risk millions for a tourney there’s a decent chance we don’t even medal in? No chance

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
HC doctors will do what’s best for HC because HC is paying them.

If I’m Laf I do the exact same thing.

Risk millions for a tourney there’s a decent chance we don’t even medal in? No chance
That is truly a ridiculous thing to say lol getting 2nd and 3rd opinion is just a standard thing to do when it comes to a potential injury nothing more nothing less.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That is truly a ridiculous thing to say lol getting 2nd and 3rd opinion is just a standard thing to do when it comes to a potential injury nothing more nothing less.

Well, after what happened with Lindros and the Philadelphia medical team, and Leonard with the Spurs, I would be hesitant to trust my future health on team doctors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad