GDT: Game 14: Canada Vs Germany | 9AM EST 3PM CET

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Which is pretty normal for Canadian draft eligible forwards in this tournament. MacKinnon was the 13th forward on a bad team (suspect coaching but still) and was in the NHL 10 months later.
Situations are kind of different though. Mackinnon was the 13th forward coming in and was stapled into that role. Byfield has actually been given the opportunity on scoring lines and it hasn't happened. Don't think it means much long term but he is not being left without opportunity like some of the underage players before him

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
You are joking?
Not at all. Ferraro(and all of the TSN staff frankly), are getting really annoying with their lack of knowledge and homerism. Theres no depth to anything they say. Sure its maybe enough for the average hockey fan, but its the same old thing every year. Preview show too

Reactions: EXTRAS

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not at all. Ferraro(and all of the TSN staff frankly), are getting really annoying with their lack of knowledge and homerism. Theres no depth to anything they say. Sure its maybe enough for the average hockey fan, but its the same old thing every year. Preview show too

Yeah I see much worse elsewhere.

I don’t really have a problem with the coverage.

Besides, it’s hard to call Ferraro a homer when he’s talking more about the Germans.

Reactions: blindpass

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

Yeah I'm a big fan of Pierre cuz he was one of the few analysts who had knowledge largely stemming from a crazy passion for everything hockey.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean it is a Canadian broadcast for Canadian viewers....Yeah it is going to be slanted towards Canada lol

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Pleasantly surprised about how good the boys keep on playing their game against Canada. Calm & waiting for their chances, I like it a lot.
Tobi Abstreiter seems to have done a pretty good job!

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lol Laf putting future $$$$ over reperesting country with that statement from his agent pretty much oh well.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Which is pretty normal for Canadian draft eligible forwards in this tournament. MacKinnon was the 13th forward on a bad team (suspect coaching but still) and was in the NHL 10 months later.

That team was hyped up like crazy. It was the lockout year, all players were available.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pleasantly surprised about how good the boys keep on playing their game against Canada. Calm & waiting for their chances, I like it a lot.
Tobi Abstreiter seems to have done a pretty good job!

I think they are missing a golden opportunity to pressure the Canada D in their own zone.

Both Russia and the USA showed that they will turn pucks over and miss passes under pressure.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I mean it is a Canadian broadcast for Canadian viewers....Yeah it is going to be slanted towards Canada lol
I get that.
Theres so much more to talk about though.
Why not have some whole tournament discussion segments?
Canada is not the only team to have drafted or future drafted players in the NHL.
Canadian NHL teams draft players from other nations too ya know.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It would be incredibly stupid to risk potentially millions for the World Juniors. I don't know how anyone can fault him.
Would he be though? I mean I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play injured. But when is he losing millions? Could blow his knee out his next practice and he is still going top 3 and getting a fully loaded ELC.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
It would be incredibly stupid to risk potentially millions for the World Juniors. I don't know how anyone can fault him.
should be able to trust team canada doctors not thi bs about sending it to montreal and Minnie that's just a beat around the bush way of saying I don't want to play.. so let him just say im done and head back home lol.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
lol Laf putting future $$$$ over reperesting country with that statement from his agent pretty much oh well.

Lol I doubt he'll lose too much sleep over it.

Got his whole career ahead of him, why risk further injury over a minor league scrimmage tourney?

This ain't the Olympics, where "reperesting country" actually matters.

They're kids.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
should be able to trust team canada doctors not thi bs about sending it to montreal and Minnie that's just a beat around the bush way of saying I don't want to play.. so let him just say im done and head back home lol.

LOL, I’d want my own doctors too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I get that.
Theres so much more to talk about though.
Why not have some whole tournament discussion segments?
Canada is not the only team to have drafted or future drafted players in the NHL.
Canadian NHL teams draft players from other nations too ya know.

Before the game, they just talked about the two German guys drafted in the first round and the three that are likely to go high this year with a graphic and everything.

At least try to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->