GDT: Game 14: Canada Vs Germany | 9AM EST 3PM CET

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Usually it would be no brainer for me to cheer for Germany, but I need money and played 3,5+ handicap on Canada, so let's go Canada.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We will see if Canada got the wake up call or hit snooze, 1st goal wins this one

TC got to keep it simple, get pucks to the net and crash the crease, way too much unselfish overpassing and toe dragging like they’re in an all star game. D need to get it off the boards and out, too many giveaways up the middle.

And 1 of the 3 goalies they brought needs to stop a puck

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Probably a blowout win for Canada. The Czechs were way too nice to the German D. I don't expect them to hold up very well against pressure.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Germany scores first or Canada fails to score early, the pressure is going to start building.

Canada has to come out strong and execute early.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think this is going to be a high scoring affair, Canada coming out on top.

Usually it would be no brainer for me to cheer for Germany, but I need money and played 3,5+ handicap on Canada, so let's go Canada.

Needing money and betting usually isnt a good Combo. Just saying..:P

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
If Germany wins it puts CAN, CZE, RUS all into a desperate position. Would sort of like that, at least it would be some change of the traditional scenario.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This should be a good game. This is as close to a must win game I can recall for Canada in this tournament. If they lose to Germans they would be facing the home Czechs, who could be playing desperate hockey to avoid the relegation round (assuming Czechs lose to US today).

Canada obvious favorites, but their goaltending has been extremely suspect and this German team can score.

This has all the ingredients of a high scoring game, so I'll say Canada wins 2-1, because reasons.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Germany wins it puts CAN, CZE, RUS all into a desperate position. Would sort of like that, at least it would be some change of the traditional scenario.
I think Czechs are already in desperation mode, even if Germans get no points in their next two games, Czechs have to get at least a point one of there next two games against USA and Canada. A tall task.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Honestly don't think we stand a chance though sadly. Our top guys can play at this level but depth is a huge issue against the top nations

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Byfield dropped to the 4th line?

Wasn’t able to see the Russia game.......did he play THAT poorly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad