Pre-Game Talk: Game 14 - 11/4 7:07 PM - March of the PENGUINS - NESN, NHLN, SN (Except Alberta), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

There's a few vids of them out there. They also bring some guys out, like I know Hughes went and had a few skates with them. It's pretty cool. I feel bad for the goalies though.

- I actually have wondered if this is one of the reasons why MacKinnon and Marchand's games have grown so much over the past few years while Crosby is having his own resurgence. Having up-tempo summer skates with two of the other best players in the world has got to have you on your game.

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
nope. he is not a 4th line player. he shouldve been on a line with krejci and debrusk.

I hate, hate, hate this take!

Is Brad Marchand a 4th line player? Cause that's where he started. And you know what he did on that 4th line? He did what was asked, finally stuck with the team, and worked his way up to the top 6. If you are a top 6 player, you can easily be a 4th line player. All it takes is the will to track the puck, and the ability to be physical. And in this man's NHL, as shown by Donato, Spooner, et al, if you don't show the ability to be physical and win puck battles, 2nd round talent alone is not going to cut it (and Cehlarik isn't even a 2nd round talent).

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I hate, hate, hate this take!

Is Brad Marchand a 4th line player? Cause that's where he started. And you know what he did on that 4th line? He did what was asked, finally stuck with the team, and worked his way up to the top 6. If you are a top 6 player, you can easily be a 4th line player. All it takes is the will to track the puck, and the ability to be physical. And in this man's NHL, as shown by Donato, Spooner, et al, if you don't show the ability to be physical and win puck battles, 2nd round talent alone is not going to cut it (and Cehlarik isn't even a 2nd round talent).

In other words, players (unless they are truly generational talents & those are very rare) have to earn it- whether it is TOI or what line they play on. Ryan Donato is the poster child for players who don't earn their ice time or line spot (at least Ryan Spooner spent some time in the AHL) Now he's apparently struggling to get ice time with the Minnesota freaking Wild who are a bad team.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I may be late for the game- my niece's HS volleyball team's conference championship tournament begins today. Her match starts at 5PM. Her team is the #1 seed so hopefully it will be short & sweet. If not I'll be there until the end.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I'm guessing Hughes instead of Cehlarik has a lot to do with he 6 minutes in PK the B's had with Marchand in the box. They ran 4 or 5 forwards that entire PK, not optimal. With Kuhlman, Nordstrom and Lindholm all out of action, they needed an extra PK guy.

Reactions: Blowfish

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'm fine with bringing Hughes up but didn't like Cassidy's words regarding Cehlarik. Basically said he had to produce in his 9 minutes or he was being sent down. Tough.

Anyone have the actual clip or transcript? Things always sound worse when you get the info third-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA