GDT: Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Jman, I think a lot of the problem people ahve with Cleary is the fact Babcock is playing him so much.

It's a huge problem when he's playing so poorly. Let him 'figure out his game' or whatever, but not in the top 6, playing with Datsyuk, getting 16-17 minutes a night.

Give him sheltered minutes on the fourth line, let him get some confidence and go from there. He was declining last year, and this seems to be a continuation. Babcock is failing hard dealing with this, IMO.

And trust me, I loved Cleary and what he did for this team, but the guy isn't Steve ****ing Yzerman, or Nick Lidstrom.

Sports is very much "what have you done for me lately" because having players that perform in the moment are what gets you wins. Not what they did two to five years ago.

Aug 6, 2012
You're attempting to create something out of nothing. I'm saying it doesn't matter where Cleary is. The team has performed the same regardless of his horrible play, because one person's horrible play isn't going to drag everyone down.

Since you are too lazy to figure this out, I'll just say it. I wish for respectful criticism, with careful consideration of that person's playing history to be taken into account before hurling insults at him without restraint. I despise this constant nitpicking of every move made as if no one could do anything good. I detest the disrespect people heap upon the individuals that make up this team, when their good outweighs the bad. I'm not sure why this was so hard for you to figure out. It should have been simple. Respect is all I'm asking for. Respectfully voice your indifference and then shut up. No need for pasting it all over the boards.

If you're tired of it then ignore the posters doing it. Telling them how to act isn't going to end well.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
You're attempting to create something out of nothing. I'm saying it doesn't matter where Cleary is. The team has performed the same regardless of his horrible play, because one person's horrible play isn't going to drag everyone down.

I hope Cleary uses this argument if/when Babcock ever tells him that he's being moved out of the top 6. "Come on Coach... my horrible play isn't dragging everyone down, so I don't see why you should demote/bench me. Sure, Datsyuk is cursing at me in Russian all game long for my turnovers and inability to do anything with the chances he's creating, but nobody else is getting pissed, right?"

So, you don't think that they could be doing any better, even if they replaced a top 6 guy who you think shouldn't have a roster spot. Interesting, to say the least.

Since you are too lazy to figure this out, I'll just say it. I wish for respectful criticism, with careful consideration of that person's playing history to be taken into account before hurling insults at him without restraint. I despise this constant nitpicking of every move made as if no one could do anything good. I detest the disrespect people heap upon the individuals that make up this team, when their good outweighs the bad. I'm not sure why this was so hard for you to figure out. It should have been simple. Respect is all I'm asking for. Respectfully voice your indifference and then shut up. No need for pasting it all over the boards.

Cleary's good in the past doesn't do a bit of good for the team, as it's his general sucking in the now that's the issue. Nobody is seeing signs of him turning it around either... turning it over to the other team, for sure, but not turning it around. Hence, there's no reason to play him in the spots he's getting.

I don't think the country club atmosphere you're apparently a proponent of is a good way to run a team...
Sure, Player X, you may be struggling and showing no hope for improvement, and you were terrible last year also. But you know what- you really came through for us years ago so we will reward you with ice time your current playing abilities in no way warrant. Hell, there may be another contract here for you if we continue to look at what you did in the playoffs years ago and ignore the present situation! ;)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Very strongly disagree, Cleary has dragged the level of play down tremendously with every line he has played on this year.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Seriously, you guys are taking time away from trash-talking about Kronwall. Those are minutes we'll never get back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad