GDT: Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Don't really know why there isn't one yet.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020189&navid=sb:preview

Red Wings: Halfway through a four-game homestand of its own, Detroit happens to be enjoying the results so far. The Red Wings have taken the first two at Joe Louis Arena and enter on a three-game winning streak overall. They can thank Jimmy Howard for Sunday's 3-2 win over the Kings, with some late help from Jonathan Ericsson. Howard made 37 saves in the first two periods alone, 45 for the game, and Ericsson answered a late L.A. tally by scoring with 4.5 seconds left in regulation.

"If you watched that game, I think you'd say Howie stole that one for us, no doubt about that," defenseman Niklas Kronwall said.

Franzen out, Eaves in, and Cleary on top line. Abdelkader in top six.

Note: I will do better GDTs for my own but I want to get this up so we have one for the game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
4-3 Wings.

Cleary has multiple turnovers, missed defensive assignments and a couple penalties. Game winning goal goes off Cleary's ass. Pierre McGuire interviews Danny after game and calls him the heart and soul of the Wings.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Cleary scores a fluky goal and is rewarded by Babcock who then keeps him on the top line after Franzen returns

finally fed up with complaining about Cleary,Wings fans go on to form a (sarcastic) Cleary fan club

Holland notices and ironically,thinking this is now what the fans want,goes on to re-sign Cleary to a multiple year extension

Last edited:

minitrucker83

Apr 2, 2012
I don't mind Pierre as much as most. I guess it helps that he has a man-crush on Pasha.
Im kind of in the same boat. He definitely has his quirks, but I appreciate his knowledge of players backgrounds and those odd facts....even if it makes him seem more like a creep.:naughty:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Cleary with the hat trick which results in Zetterberg being stripped of the captaincy. Datsyuk and Kronwall also lose their "A's" as Babcock informs the media that alternates are not needed with new captain Dan Cleary.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Im kind of in the same boat. He definitely has his quirks, but I appreciate his knowledge of players backgrounds and those odd facts....even if it makes him seem more like a creep.:naughty:

Pierre is over the top in dropping hometown and minor league/college teams for every player, usually multiple times, during a game- it's like he wants the viewer to know exactly how much research he's done on these players.

And the way he pronounces Datsyuk really bugs me... I acknowledge that's a petty thing to allow to bother me, but it just does. Just freaking pronounce it "dat-zook" like EVERYONE else in the hockey world, McGuire!!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Pierre is over the top in dropping hometown and minor league/college teams for every player, usually multiple times, during a game- it's like he wants the viewer to know exactly how much research he's done on these players.

And the way he pronounces Datsyuk really bugs me... I acknowledge that's a petty thing to allow to bother me, but it just does. Just freaking pronounce it "dat-zook" like EVERYONE else in the hockey world, McGuire!!

It's not research, he's simply that creepy.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Bold prediction: Cleary has a 3 point night, Mindfly dispairs that he can't dispair about the Wings, tries to rationalize how bad the win is.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
A win would be nice tonight... the Flu ain't fun, I'll tell you that.

And I thought that Michael Jordan's dominating game against the Jazz in the '97 Finals while playing with the flu was an inspirational story... nothing as mundane as the flu will keep Jman from a GDT!! :thumbu:

It's not research, he's simply that creepy.

No argument here. I guarantee he drives a windowless van or an ice cream truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad