GDT: Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
THIS.

During one of Cleary's last shifts in regulation, Z and Nose tried to create a few chances and each time the puck squirted into Cleary's corner and he predictably lost each battle. Later during the same shift he could've easily squeezed of a Blues player in the neutral zone and instead he lazily swept at the puck with his stick. He is totally ineffective out there, it is maddening.

That's his signature move. Along with not finishing his check and if he does, he just runs slowly into the opposing player then extends his arms. Don't forget the classic turnover on the PP! Great move. Or the outworked in the corner or lazy backcheck!

Sheldon Keefe

Generational Handshaker
Dec 22, 2011
Babcock is terrible. Why is Tatar not playing more? Filp? Even Emmerton ffs! Call back Nyquist! Put Mrazek in net! Reward the players who plays hard and good!!!

It's been a couple years that I've hated on Babcock and thought he was ******* average. Why does he keep having a man crush on his terrible players. It's so frustrating.

On a positive note, Ericsson was incredibly good.

CloneHakanPlease*

And some people want us to trade prospects for Iginla LOL. This team is going nowhere fast without any adjustments

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe Cleary is manipulating the scoresheets to look better than he is? Official stats has Cleary with 0 giveaways and 2 takeaways, which is total bull. No one gave the puck away more than Cleary tonight.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Think he meant Abdelkader.

Not necessarily "one of the worst in the NHL" right now, but surely "one of the worst when playing in the top six."

Gator is a quality bottom 6 forward. Of course he has no business in the top 6. But at least he was working hard tonight and created a few chances.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
The Kronner and Lashoff pairing is not effective. The OT goal started with a brain fart by Lashoff and Kronner (again) missed his man in front and then proceeds to look the sky (again) in disbelief.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Gator is a quality bottom 6 forward. Of course he has no business in the top 6. But at least he was working hard tonight and created a few chances.

I would've still preferred to see Tatar given the chance to play in the top 6 instead of Abby and Dan The Man.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I am not even mad at Kronwall. It is what it is. The guy isnt built for this kind of responsibility.

Quincey and Cleary are awful.

Kindl had a miserable game.

Gator being in the top six and the PP is hilarious.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Maybe Cleary is manipulating the scoresheets to look better than he is? Official stats has Cleary with 0 giveaways and 2 takeaways, which is total bull. No one gave the puck away more than Cleary tonight.

That and the countless amounts of battles he loses. It really is becoming pathetic to watch. Apart from Pav, Z and healthy Helm, this team does not have a lot of players that are capable of coming out of a scrum with the puck.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I have a question.

What would happen if you had a scoring line of:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Filppula

And they play all "european" with very little hitting, and all fancy passing and nice positioning to create scoring chances.

How would they play on the boards?
Would the line get completely outmuscled?

I mean people keep talking about putting "size" on the line. But I honestly do not think it makes much difference. Abdelkader is big, and I could only imagine a more skilled SMALL guy out there with dats.

How big a deal is size here???

I understand size minimizes injuries. But on a play to play basis....

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I am not even mad at Kronwall. It is what it is. The guy isnt built for this kind of responsibility.

He went from being paired with Lidstrom and Stuart for pretty much his entire career to Brian ******* Lashoff. Its the equivalent of a Rafalski-Lebda pairing, for christ sake.

Kronwall is not capable of being the #1 offensive Dman on this team all the while facing the opposition's top line forwards without a solid Top 4 veteran Dman next to him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The Kronner and Lashoff pairing is not effective. The OT goal started with a brain fart by Lashoff and Kronner (again) missed his man in front and then proceeds to look the sky (again) in disbelief.

Before the season began I doubt anyone really saw Lashoff as a factor for our blueline this year. It's probably a minor miracle he hasn't looked worse considering the amount of IT he is getting.

Maybe Babcock should go the safer route and have Huskins in there, but he should probably get some credit for going with the kids instead and seeing what we have.

Here's another beauty of a statistic:

Cleary - 4:46 PPTOI
Datsyuk - 4:40 PPTOI

And? Cleary was on the top unit, and the six second difference is nothing. You could argue the the powerplay was ineffective, but it's been hit or miss regardless of who we've had out there.

I certainly meant as a top 6 player. I know there's injuries but neither guy should be in the top 6.

Four guys are out of our top9, though, at least two of them would be in our top6 - maybe three depending on where you put Sammy. Do I like Gator and Cleary getting 18 minutes? Not really, but you have to put someone on the ice.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I have no idea what happened after the 1st. The 2nd period was ****ing atrocious. Got a little better in the 3rd but all for naught.

I'm convince Cleary has pictures of Babcock and/or Holland. And my heart drops every Quincey is anywhere near the puck.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Before the season began I doubt anyone really saw Lashoff as a factor for our blueline this year. It's probably a minor miracle he hasn't looked worse considering the amount of IT he is getting.

Maybe Babcock should go the safer route and have Huskins in there, but he should probably get some credit for going with the kids instead and seeing what we have.

And? Cleary was on the top unit, and the six second difference is nothing. You could argue the the powerplay was ineffective, but it's been hit or miss regardless of who we've had out there.

Four guys are out of our top9, though, at least two of them would be in our top6 - maybe three depending on where you put Sammy. Do I like Gator and Cleary getting 18 minutes? Not really, but you have to put someone on the ice.

The point is Cleary should get NO PP time...but not only is he getting 1st unit PP time, he's getting as much time as our top forwards.

And yeah. We have to put someone out there. Hmm....how about...the guy that scored the first goal? You know, that young offensive player who has 2 points in 5 games to Cleary and Abdelkader's 1 point in 13?

Not to mention. Miller, Emmerton, and Tatar have all looked more offensively threatening than Abdelkader and Cleary for the entirety of the season. Thats just downright pathetic.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
The point is Cleary should get NO PP time...but not only is he getting 1st unit PP time, he's getting as much time as our top forwards.

And yeah. We have to put someone out there. Hmm....how about...the guy that scored the first goal? You know, that young offensive player who has 2 points in 5 games to Cleary and Abdelkader's 1 point in 13?

Not to mention. Miller, Emmerton, and Tatar have all looked more offensively threatening than Abdelkader and Cleary for the entirety of the season. Thats just downright pathetic.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Emmerton but he's looking better than both of them.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I'm tellin ya it's the Redden effect. He was scratched tonight and Blues get a win.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If Gustav Nyquist wasnt rotting in the AHL, i could at least sort of understand why Cleary is getting so much ice time.

Or if Cleary had started out the season getting 10-12 minutes and we could justify his lack of production thus far on little ice time and crappy linemates. Instead, the dude has gotten 16-17 minutes per game over a 13 game stretch and has 1 point in that time.

If he were Hudler, he'd have been waived by now.

Meanwhile, Hudler now has his 9th point in 8 games with the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00