Post-Game Talk: Game 13: Penalty Kill Bill | Blackhawks vs. Stars | 11/6/16 6 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Not worried about the Rags at all. AV will find a way to **** it up. Just sit back and enjoy the **** show.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
A fan behind the post-game crew at the UC has a sign that says "Scalp Em".... Yikes.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
So far there's not much to complain about this team other than the dreadful PK in the early going. Maybe other than the Rags, Hawks look as good as any team out there.

I've been very encouraged by the play of Hawks rookies. Motte, Schmaltz, Forsling, Kempny, Hartman all look like they belong. At this point, I'm not all that concerned about the forward depth.

Forward depth does concern me. Knock on wood.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Q on presser saying Motte with lower body injury and will miss some games, seems vague but we will probably find out more tomorrow.

Might be good news. Usually when Q says he's gonna "miss some time" its a more serious injury.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well ai guess the hockey gods love us...somehow pulled it off after Kane put us in jeopardy in OT.

Kind of disappointing we gave up that late tying goal they got...but we had so many clear g problems again tonight that we flirted with danger and then Smith got that deflection type goal from the slot.

THERE WERE SEVRAL POSITIVES. ..Toews of course had his best game of the tear and finally looked normal especialky in the last half of the game ..he. actually hustled for a change and it impacted the game ...he had more speed and more want and checked netter. .So I praise him for finally starting and difference-making...efgort and production from him..about time.

THOUGHT SCHMALTZ played well and deserved his chance with the top line..

On the negative side...thought our d-men were poir tonight. .failing to clear the zone numerous opportunities to do do..lost puck battles.. horrible as point shooters. .....very soft and feeble stock check attempts ..thought Cabell was particularly bad defending the zone tonight..@Seabrook looked slow and unfocused and did not use the body much to separate Dalkas pkayer's of the puck. OVERALL I thought their f-cprps pkayed us a lot harder and with more effort and less mistakes ..

But the good news outweighs tge bad ...Toews has come out of tge Country Club! Let the bells ring out and the banners fly! But will he now pkay "normal " like this going forward?Hope do..cause we NEED him to be "normal".DOES not need to be $10.5 m Johnny...just "normal" back to $6.3 m version ...timely goals and assists and inspirational plays.Johnny be good ...if not great..as long as we have seen the last of Johnny Loafer,I for one will be thrilled if he continues playing like he did I that third period and OT...

We are not a great team...till every single player brings the "A " game of effort and talent..has not yet happened. .In the absence we need #19 to bring his "A " game more often..and this finally is a good example that he still can do it when he wants it badly enough.Goidcfor him..good for our team...Now if only our d-corps stars would play like they can at their best? BECAUSE when Dalkas gets the 6 injured forwards of their top 9 back they will be so much tougher to beat ...kudos to their depleted lineup for Maki g it so tough on us
.we still swept them.in their dcimated lineup condition but they battled us all the way ..I wish our guys gave such effort every game ad Dallas guys did in these 2 games we played them..if our guys ever did that we woukd have a lot of blow outs of opponents. WE have talent but nit always the consistent want drive and focus.Still despite not playing full 60 in games and only showing the drive when we flip that switch on certain shifts or for 1 period ,we still seem to have enough get done to get wins as long as our goaltending limits the damage.Take the points ..but still lots we need to improve on. So Toews off tge MIA list..at least for 1 game..hopefully a big upward trend for his level of play.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Just watched replay of the OT period. Johns let Hossa stand by himself at the end their, gave Hoss all day to set up for the big clapper, and didn't even look like he had much interest in blocking the shot. I watched him closely tonight, he's decent in the offensive zone, but seems like he needs work on his game in his own zone.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I really love how AA uses his big frame and parks his fanny right in front of opposing goalies. Need more of this from some of other guys.

Basic Hockey 101.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Obviously never want the injury in the first place, but that would be great. Thought it'd be worse than that based off the original impression I got.

The good news was that he got shoved into the boards and for the most part, it we didn't see any sort of twisting motion. Hopefully, leg was just jammed into the boards rather than hitting it in a really awkward position.

The bad news was that he couldn't put any weight on that leg. It looked somewhat serious to me. But I'm no doctor and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn. I'll be happy if he comes back by the beginning of the new year.

Rugbyplayer*

Mar 9, 2016
Not being able to put weight on the leg is not any indicative of the seriousness of injury. I've also hurt my leg in a rugby game and couldn't stand for a few days. Fortunately I got lucky because I didn't have any serious injury and could play shortly afterwards. Here's hoping Motte will be fine.

Last edited:

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Just watched replay of the OT period. Johns let Hossa stand by himself at the end their, gave Hoss all day to set up for the big clapper, and didn't even look like he had much interest in blocking the shot. I watched him closely tonight, he's decent in the offensive zone, but seems like he needs work on his game in his own zone.

Totally agree. Johns is the most overrated player in the nhl by those on this board with an axe to grind against stan.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
It's only beginning of the season, of course, but the Hawks play let us to look at the future with positive. Youngsters play great, the team score a lot of goals and defensive line is not bad. Hope we'll keep going this way on and on.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im not in love with Keith and Soupy as a pair. Id rather see Soupy on his proper side, and I honestly think Seabrook is playing well enough thus far this season that its worth trying a reunification of the 2-7 pair.

I dont think anybody takes the Rangers seriously with their defense as it currently stands.

That said, they did a great job of putting a ton of youth into their lineup. Theyre fast and they can score a ton. Should be an interesting game.

Last edited:

halcyon

Jun 23, 2015
What is Crawford doing to Panarin here though?

kxjpzVH.gif

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Im not in love with Keith and Soupy as a pair. Id rather see Soupy on his proper side, and I honestly think Seabrook is playing well enough thus far this season that its worth trying a reunification of the 2-7 pair.

I dont think anybody takes the Rangers seriously with their defense as it currently stands.

That said, they did a great job of putting a ton of youth into their lineup. Theyre fast and they can score a ton. Should be an interesting game.

Rangers are pulling off an incredible start to the season and right now are probably the leagues hottest/best team, but i just don't see it being sustainable especially come playoff time. Grabner, Vesey, Hayes, Pirri, among others playing out of their minds/scoring at insane paces. And their defense as you mentioned i think can and will be exposed.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
When it comes to NYR, three words:

Girardi and Staal.

And those aren't even the worst D-men on the team...

D>O.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Although they were playing practically an AHL team, the captain finally shows up, hoping to more consistent games like this . Darling is a BEAST!!!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

It's not like the Rangers are getting lucky. They are +26 in goal differential. The Hawks are 2nd at +14. I don't know how the Rangers will do in the playoffs, but they are really good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad