Post-Game Talk: Game 13: Penalty Kill Bill | Blackhawks vs. Stars | 11/6/16 6 p.m. (CSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Don't exactly know where to post this so I'll just post it here, but Motte is out 3 weeks, apparently.

I'm less worried about the team than I am sorry for him. We're getting Desi back so we'll be fine for that stretch. Just sucks that it happened right as he was starting to his his stride.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The PP could be lethal. Should be lethal. Next move should be takng Keith off of it, putting Schmaltz on. Side benefit: lighten Keith's load.

This strikes me as a grass is always greener situation.

Everyone knows what Keiths strengths and weaknesses are on the PP. He's certainly not a protypical PP QB. But he produced last year on the top unit of the #2 PP in the league.

Meanwhile, Schmaltz has shown some flashes and I see the upside, but he's a 20 year old kid who's got 3 pts in 13 games. I realize he isn't playing with top talent.

It just seems like it would be a rush to make that move right now, IMO. Maybe that's something that happens down the road, if Schmaltz shows more but at this point it's not a move I'd make.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Everyone knows what Keiths strengths and weaknesses are on the PP. He's certainly not a protypical PP QB. But he produced last year on the top unit of the #2 PP in the league.

Meanwhile, Schmaltz has shown some flashes and I see the upside, but he's a 20 year old kid who's got 3 pts in 13 games. I realize he isn't playing with top talent.

It just seems like it would be a rush to make that move right now, IMO. Maybe that's something that happens down the road, if Schmaltz shows more but at this point it's not a move I'd make.

Nor would I but it's obvious the Keith is not the answer... at this stage I would replace him with Soupy and have Keith on the 2nd unit.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

1. Keith wasn't even the PP QB, Seabrook was.
2. If they're going to use Keith the way they are, roving around, trying to sit in the slot, why not have a player who actually has good hands and a good shot in there.
3. We had the #2 PP in the league because of Patrick Kane and no other reason.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
1. Keith wasn't even the PP QB, Seabrook was.
2. If they're going to use Keith the way they are, roving around, trying to sit in the slot, why not have a player who actually has good hands and a good shot in there.
3. We had the #2 PP in the league because of Patrick Kane and no other reason.

1. I said he isn't a PP QB.

2. The PP is more or less working. 11th in the league at the moment with a relatively small sample so far. I wouldn't make a change just to make a change. Schmaltz has a ton of potential and hopefully it works out but I think it's forcing things to do so. As for the Keith roving role on the PP, I'm not sure how I feel about that. You may have a point there.

3. I disagree completely. Kane was the most important, but not the only reason. Kane was playing close to the level he was the year prior and the Hawks had the 20th best PP%,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad