PGT: Game 13: Canada 5 - Czech Republic 1

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Suzuki is unbelievable with the puck, but he's positioning without the puck needs ALOT of work, at least his flaws are things that can be teached, but he needs way better positioning without the puck and needs to be more intense.
I agree though I think it's just a chemistry thing. You have to think he usually plays center and Owen sounds system is pretty unique. The talent is most definitely there as he makes highlight real plays regularly and usually makes the right play.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Question for our Czech friends... If you were to ice a combined Czech/Slovak team, would you expect to medal in this tournament?
It would provide some more depth. Adding Fehervary and Ivan to the defence would actually improve the back end. Up front, maybe Pospisil, Ruzicka and Roman make the team.

If everyone was available I think the team would be:

Zadina-Necas-Kaut
Lauko-Chytil-Ruzicka
Pekar-Roman-Safin
Kondelik-Pospisil-Jenik
Hrabik

Fehervary-Galvas
Salda-Kral
Kvasnicka-Ivan
Bukac

Dostal
Skarek
Patera

I'd say this team contends for a medal on paper.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Didnt get to see this one, did they finally combine the big 3 for czech, or bury Zadina again till the 3rd?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The headline on the IIHF website is:

"Magic Mikey leads Canada to win"

IIHF - Magic Mikey leads Canada to win

While I appreciate a throwback to an old-fashioned nhl.com style headline pun, maybe referring to a player who is barely 19 years old as "Magic Mike" is a bit creepy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad