PGT: Game 13: Canada 5 - Czech Republic 1

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
WJC-13.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
1 Michael DiPietro
# Ian Scott

Defensemen:
2 Evan Bouchard
3 Josh Brook
4 Jared McIsaac
5 Ian Mitchell
6 Noah Dobson
18 Marcus Phillips
24 Ty Smith

Forwards:
11 Jaret Anderson-Dolan (C)
15 Shane Bowers (C)
14 Maxime Comtois (LW)
16 MacKenzie Entwistle (RW)
26 Morgan Frost (C)
8 Cody Glass (C)
27 Barrett Hayton (C)
22 Alexis Lafrenière (LW)
# Brett Leason (C)
23 Jack Studnicka (C)
17 Nick Suzuki (C)
21 Owen Tippett (RW/LW)
9 Joseph Veleno (C)

Scratched:

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lukas Dostal (G)
Jiri Patera (G)
Jakub Skarek (G)

Defensemen:
Daniel Bukac (D)
Jakub Galvas (D)
Michael Gaspar (D)
Filip Král (D)
David Kvasnicka (D)
Dalimil Mikyska (D)

Forwards:
Jan Hladonik (C)
Krystof Hrabik (C)
Martin Kaut (RW)
Jan Kern (LW)
Jáchym Kondelík (C)
Jakub Lauko (C/LW)
Ondrej Machala (F)
Martin Necas (C/RW)
Matej Pekar (C)
Karel Plasek (LW/RW)
Jakub Pour (RW)
Filip Zadina (LW/RW)

2 Roster Spots Available - Still In Camp
Radim Salda (D)
Matyas Zelingr (D)
Petr Cajka (C/W)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I want Comtois to score but I also want Dostal to have a good game, hmm
I would be surprised if Dostal gets the back-to-back start. We will need him against Denmark more.

My prediction is 0:7 Canada, maybe 1:7 Canada if our coach goes with good lines for once, but I don't expect it.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I expect the Czechs to switch goalies, Dostál must be exhausted after the game against Russia. I also expect quite easy win for Canada, it is always extremely difficult to play back-to-back game against such an energetic and flashy team, like Canada has. For the Czechs, it would be more important not to allow any disaster against the Danes and to prepare for the QF game then.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Need to come out fast wave after wave attack against this Czech team. Wear down their D and hopefully the flood gates open.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, i can only go by what i've seen from both teams so far and i'll call a 5-3 or 6-3 win for Canada.
I think the Czechs will score goals against us,we are or have been far too leaky and soft on defensive play thus far.As of right now the Russians are playing a disiplined defensive system as a team and playing it quite close to the vest, they make it hard to score on them. Better team defense then Canada so far imo.Having said that this good defense comes at the expense of team offense it seems, they don't seem to have much creativity or push on offense at all, the czech defense being what it is they should have scored more goals against them but they really weren't all that dangerous at all and its the reason the game went down to the wire. Canada is better offensively then the Russian team so far, they will push the envelope and be more creative on offense and that should expose that woeful Czech Defense.

5-3 or 6-3 IMO.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Need to come out fast wave after wave attack against this Czech team. Wear down their D and hopefully the flood gates open.

And that should be very doable with that Czech defensive core, unless something drastic changes they aren't very good.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
And that should be very doable with that Czech defensive core, unless something drastic changes they aren't very good.

I think our top line could give them a lot of trouble especially if Comtois gets rolling on the forecheck.

I want to see more aggressive hard on the body and puck play from the boys. The games start getting for real now and we need to have good habits in place. This Czech team is a good team and we need to be at our best.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think our top line could give them a lot of trouble especially if Comtois gets rolling on the forecheck.

I want to see more aggressive hard on the body and puck play from the boys. The games start getting for real now and we need to have good habits in place. This Czech team is a good team and we need to be at our best.
Agreed. The problem is................I see bad habits after 2 games, hopefully that get's cleaned up today snipes.

Reactions: snipes

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I wish we had a real horse on on our defense this year, just that one guy all situations minute munching beast.

We don't, it's still a capable group if they get their shit together but there is not one horse.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Czechs looked really sloppy in both games I watched and also seemed to over pass. I don't expect them to beat Canada here, but it will be competitive.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
5-2 Canada.

Skarek should be given a chance to start for the Czech's. He's better than Patera. Wonder if Salda and Jenik will get into the lineup.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I can't help but think the Canadian's must be salivating at the thought of playing our D. I assume the first few minutes will be a floodgate of hits and chances. If we can survive that, then maybe it'll be competitive? But I doubt we do.

Our only hope in winning is that our stubborn coach mixes up the lines much better (eg. put good players together, passers with shooters vs stretching out every good player we have over 4 lines), Salda is pissed and has the game of his life, Jenik is motivated to prove the coach wrong and gets points and Skarek comes in and is furious he has been in the pressbox and pitches a 50 save shutout.

More likely... it'll be the exact same lines with Dostal in net.lol

Reactions: Wooren

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Zero chances for the Czechs due to having a tough game yesterday against Russians and Canada already being the favorite even without that advantage.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This will be a good test for our D-men. Will see if they can contain the czech's speed or get exposed. If its the latter, we better hope goaltending bails us out or our forwards score a ton.

Reactions: jj cale

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
I’m going to this game, my first ever hockey game!

It’s funny how I chose this game over the one against Switzerland because I thought the Czechs would put up more of a fight, but Switzerland only lost by 1. I can see this game being an easier win, but I’ll have fun regardless.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

It’s funny how I chose this game over the one against Switzerland because I thought the Czechs would put up more of a fight, but Switzerland only lost by 1. I can see this game being an easier win, but I’ll have fun regardless.

Enjoy it, WJC games are a good time.

I'll predict 5-2 Canada but with a level of play that is closer than the score indicates.

Reactions: Pouliot

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
wouIdn't be surprised if the pIayers turn on hunter Iike finIand did to there coach coupIe years ago.. he's yapping to the media again. do us aII a favor and keep you mouth shut hunter :thumbu:

however I predict 5-3 Canada win

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Hey, good for you!! will this be the one game you have tickets to or did you luck out with a couple more?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Jiri Patera gets the start, Skarek the backup. Czech line combinations suck once more.

Reactions: Swipes

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I am somewhat disappointed we are not going with the goalie we have seen do well at this WJC (Dostál)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad