PGT: Game 13: Canada 5 - Czech Republic 1

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The perfect nightcap to all this would be watching the U.S Sweden game but no..........................tsn 1 prefers to do sportscentre instead.

idiots.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Once the forecheck got going, Canada just took over and imposed their will.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Who told you this was a Canada thread?
Thats what it is..................a Canada-Czech game thread to be more specific.

Ill tell you one thing, you dont see our fans going into other teams threads giving them the gears just because they hate them as competitors.

Let that sink in.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I assume Canada's player of the game was Vaclav Varada? He's done an amazing job of shutting down our top guys!

Reactions: Wooren

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
When he played the puck, coughed it up and lost his stick. He makes stupid decisions trying to move the puck. He's 50% in connecting on passes when playing the puck.
Soo you got one moment when he still was able to recover? He was fine playing the puck other then that mistake. Fail to see the "multiple blunders a game" He has played just fine anytime he has been in net.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
See now you just come up with lies to try and prove a point? Zadina yes but almost all talk about other czech star players was discussing their penalties, not like you'd check before posting that though.
I mean, most people posting in this thread too were Canada fans, so of course they would discuss Canada more.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Canada was clearly the better team during the whole 60 minutes. The Czechs had a few moments, but DiPietro was flawless in the net. It is kind of expected result: The Czechs played yesterday and Canada is arguably the fastest team in the tournament, very hard to play a back-to-back game against them. It could be more competitive through. Zadina looks lost, I am afraid he really must play with Nečas, otherwise he has no mate to give him a proper pass.

The darker side of the game was a couple of dirty hits by both teams. It was not completely brutal, but I simply don't like these elbows in the face etc at all. We have seen too many bad consequences of such hits recently.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I assume Canada's player of the game was Vaclav Varada? He's done an amazing job of shutting down our top guys!
I actually think they are doing a good enough job of that themselves, the coach isnt on the ice and they havent been playing all that well.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Soo you got one moment when he still was able to recover? He was fine playing the puck other then that mistake. Fail to see the "multiple blunders a game" He has played just fine anytime he has been in net.

With Dipietro, you have that calm that he's not going to create an unforced error. WIth Scott, you cringe when he plays the puck.

He did make key saves against the Swiss though. No denying that.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This is NOT a Canada thread.. this is a game thread for both Czechs and Canadians. This is not a Canadian hockey board.. it is a HOCKEY board. It is played by more than one country.

WJC Preliminary Round: Game 13 | 12/29 | 5:00PM PST | Canada Vs Czech Republic
I get that...................................and my point still stands.

It doesnt really matter anymore anyway, we are done with you now and we won comfortably, thats all that really matters.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I really dislike the critique on Zadina in this thread. I wonder how you guys would react if you'd put him on the 1st line of team Canada. I think he would start producing big time. Due to a weird coaching decision he is stuck on the 2nd line (instead of playing with 18,16) with players on a level below his. None of this is their fault, its just the way it is on a team with almost no depth.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
That's obviously not a good show of character but you almost can't blame him, their coach is a ****ing moron.

Zadina/Necas set the world on fire last year. This year they score 4 in 3 games and this idiot still separates the two.
wich was always my concern and trust me i have watched more zadina than ANY wings fan 100%. the guy can't produce on his own and even with his 200lbs he couldn't win 1v1 battle against kid in the Q.
he has a hell of a release tho, it's an NHL shot and a good one, but once again he's a complimentary player who will need chemistry with a good center. you need these players on your team but they are easier to counter. i'm not saying this because we didn't pick him you can read everything im saying in april.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Still strongly feel that Zadina's big breakthrough will be the result of a summer of living at the gym.

If his strength and conditioning get better he becomes a much better player.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I get that...................................and my point still stands.

It doesnt really matter anymore anyway, we are done with you now and we won comfortably, thats all that really matters.

We are getting quite the quality-treatment from you aren't we? :D

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I really dislike the critique on Zadina in this thread. I wonder how you guys would react if you'd put him on the 1st line of team Canada. I think he would start producing big time. Due to a weird coaching decision he is stuck on the 2nd line (instead of playing with 18,16) with players on a level below his. None of this is their fault, its just the way it is on a team with almost no depth.

I thought he played uninspired hockey. Doesn't matter what line you are on - you have to play your heart out. He didn't do that.

Necas did.

Reactions: HOPE

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
and my point still stands.

Your point absolutely doesn't stand. Your point was dead wrong. I can't put it any more black and white then I already did. The fact you won the game easily doesn't change how wrong your point was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad