Post-Game Talk: GAME 13 - 11-2 - BRUINS 3 St. Louis 1 F

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I like it much better when the boys are having fun.

This is fun.

Let's keep the fun.

Can we keep the fun?

Enjoy.

As my late, great oldest brother said,

"Life is a bowl of cherries.

"But oh those pits."
I

need to do some shuffling wit my chairs for now. Going to buy a good home office chair soon.

Captain Obvious:

Ask about, and check reviews on Amazon.

Good luck,

:GWC:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Good team is good. It's crazy how much more movement there is in the offensive zone at even strength.

DeBrusk is turning into a player. Might be the most reliable all-around forward next to Marchand and Bergeron.

Can't help but wonder what things might look like with Bergeron-Krejci-Coyle-Zacha down the middle. I believe they actually have wing depth to support it. I understand Nosek's worth. I just think there's another level to the offense.

Lindholm, Clifton, Carlo, Grzelcyk..... Huge. The latter three don't get enough credit. Underrated.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

"You can catch more flies with honey than..."

This seems to be the Montgomery approach, suited to today's athlete.

Things will get rough -- they always do -- but one can't argue with current results.

A point I've wanted to make, and doubtless will again in another thread:

Master of the Obvious concludes that this being the last dance for #37 & #46 -- I almost see Z leaping through the Warrior glass and proclaiming, "Please! I want in!" -- you know they're going to leave -- everything -- *everything* on the ice.

Yes, they always have, but this is it. Those two, and Brad as well, have nothing to lose, no more training, no 82 game schedule, etc.

*This is it. *

Which is one reason recent developments were so disappointing.

Farewell tour.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Sure we can keep the fun. ... It is an enjoyable team. The effort has been there most every night.

It's certainly been fun to watch. He's a smart f***er, Montgomery.

As noted, at their best -- and they have not been at their eventual best -- the B's are playing entertaining hockey, which is refreshing.

More, Montgomery's style is to aggressively harry opponents at every turn, taking away time & space, precipitating mental mistakes and cashing in on them.

They're also playing assertive, physical, "eff you" hockey again. They enjoy the speed and aggressive tempo.

I like it. A lot.

Given how things have fallen into place on several fronts, unbelievably, you can't count this team out.

It's a long way to March.

Let's enjoy November.

:bruins:wave::dooney::tinker:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Were some booing Torey tonight?

I hope not.

Good bounce back, especially given their "tumultuous weekend."

See, Jack snuck it in.
I think they were booing when Krug was stalled in front of their net waiting for a total line change by STL. More a “come on, stop stalling” kind of thing. It was just that once and didn’t get vibe fans were on Torey.

Jack mentioned that Krug was laughing in front of Bruins bench. Think outside of his tangle with Coyle it was a pretty pro Torey night. As it should be.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Ullmark, our PP/PK and a really good 3rd Period was the difference tonight.

The Nosek net drive and screen on Freddy's goal was a play that most people who just look at the stat sheet, will miss. Binnington probably stops that shot without it...

Zboril was not good tonight. If we gotta move somebody to make cap room for Charlie, its gotta be Smith, not Reilly. Smith is the more expendable asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad