GDT: Game 12: Seattle Kraken(4-6-1) @ Arizona Coyotes(0-10-1) - 7:00 p.m. PT/10:00 p.m. ET

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This lazy defense and subpar goaltending is starting to irritate the hell out of me. Add to that the missed opportunities at the offensive end

Agreed. The two supposed 'strengths' of our roster has been far from that. Grubauer has made some spectacular saves but I have been very disappointed by him.

Also, this PP really needs to get something going.

Reactions: MattyIce0401

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
I totally understand the desire to keep our salary cap low for the future but we should have gotten a one goal scorer so we at least had a chance on power play.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I totally understand the desire to keep our salary cap low for the future but we should have gotten a one goal scorer so we at least had a chance on power play.

Yes.

And I think the way GMRF built the roster makes things look even worse because even though the effort is there every game, the defense and goaltending which is supposed to be in the upper echelon of the NHL has been far from that.

Reactions: Gniwder

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
Someone like Tarasenko would have gotten already more points just with our power play opportunities.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yes.

And I think the way GMRF built the roster makes things look even worse because even though the effort is there every game, the defense and goaltending which is supposed to be in the upper echelon of the NHL has been far from that.
Well, at least people are beginning to understand why I kept talking about Tarasenko and Domi in the expansion draft...

And I think Grubauer is a good goalie, but he's not $5.2M/season better than Vanecek. This team doesn't make it easy for the goalie.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, at least people are beginning to understand why I kept talking about Tarasenko and Domi in the expansion draft...

And I think Grubauer is a good goalie, but he's not $5.2M/season better than Vanecek. This team doesn't make it easy for the goalie.

I was actually torn between Tank and Dunn but with how Dunn has played so far would have definitely been a better chance. I personally don't like Domi so didn't really care much about him.

And there you go, Coyotes going to win their first game of the season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was actually torn between Tank and Dunn but with how Dunn has played so far would have definitely been a better chance. I personally don't like Domi so didn't really care much about him.

And there you go, Coyotes going to win their first game of the season.
and rejuvenate Phil Kessel's career at the same time, lol.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Someone like Tarasenko would have gotten already more points just with our power play opportunities.
Problem would have been...Tarasenko would not have come to an Expansion team...These are the games where a team will learn from them...growing pains

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This will lower Grubauer's terrible 847 SV% even further.

Reactions: ck26

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
I give credit for our energy this season but inability to get the goals and wins we are offered will knacker the confidence of the squad and possibly steer the whole franchise picture into wrong tracks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad