GDT: Game 12: Seattle Kraken(4-6-1) @ Arizona Coyotes(0-10-1) - 7:00 p.m. PT/10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After ending their two game drought with a 5-2 win over the Buffalo Sabres, the Kraken are headed into the desert to play the winless Coyotes.

Arizona is in full tank mode after tearing down their complete roster during the offseason and going for a guaranteed top three draft pick in next years entry draft.

The Kraken need to play with the same intensity they have all season and try to finish their chances like they did on Thursday in order to not be the first team to hand the first win to the Coyotes.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Where are they playing?

Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ

GettyImages-498754890.jpg

When does the game start?
7:00 p.m. PT/10:00 p.m ET/3:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
Root Sports NW/ ESPN + / NHL Game Center

----------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Power Play
The power play has been downright abysmal at times and shows that there's a lack of quality on offense.
Still, telegraphing passes and Giordano basically calling every time he takes a shot is not going to help and will make things easy for any opponent in the NHL.

Hopefully that near power play goal by Geekie is an indication of better things to come.

2) Keep playing with eneergy
We all can see the record of the Coyotes and the roster they're fielding.
Still, the Kraken can not afford to take any opponent lightly and have to play with the same energy like they have so far.

3) Prevent Odd Man rushes
Even though the Kraken have outshot a lot of their opponents and have looked good in at least parts of most of their games, they've given up way too many high danger chances which will get you punished in this league.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Team Facts

i

Top Scorers:
Jayden Schwartz: 2(G) - 6(A) --> 8 points
Jordan Eberle: 5(G) - 2(A) --> 7 points
Jarred McCann. 3(G) - 4(A) --> 7 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 21:35 TOI/Game
Yanni Gourde: 21:06 TOI/Game
Mark Giordano: 20:38 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 4-4-1 / .897(SV%) / 2.72 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 0-2-0 / .855(SV%) / 4.06 GAA
Chris Driedger: 0-0-0 / .857(SV%) / 1.92 GAA

i

Top Scorers:
Shayne Gostisbehere: 1(G) - 5(A) --> 6 points
Phil Kessel: 1(G) - 3(A) --> 4 points
Clayton Keller: 3(G) - 1(A) --> 4 points

Work Load:
Jakob Chychrun: 22.44 TOI/Game
Anton Stralman: 18:57 TOI/Game
Shayne Gostisbehere: 17:48 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Karel Vejmelka: 0-7-1 / .920(SV%) / 2.54 GAA
Carter Hutton: 0-2-0 / .741(SV%) / 7.76 GAA
Ivan Prosvetov: 0-1-0 / .821(SV%) / 5.0 GAA

---------------------------------------------

Looking at the stats anyone but Vejmelka in goal has been pretty bad for the Yotes and he played last night in Anaheim, where they lost 3-1.
So if they start another goalie we'd have to capitalize on it and this game might also be a good one to give Driedger his first start of the season.

Anyways, let's hope for more Turbo Time
giphy.gif

And.....
giphy.webp

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I like the GDT.

We just claimed Scott Wedgewood off waivers. He's an improvement over Carter Hutton, but still not very good. Since Vejmelka played last night, that likely means Wedgewood is in tonight. He has really bad rebound control off his goal pads, so maybe you can take advantage of that. Also, isn't the game at 7:00 Pacific, not 6:00? I live in Florida and it shows as 10:00 for me. Some kind of sorcery because DST ends tomorrow? (Being from Arizona I'm still not used to it.)

Anyway, go Coyo... .... ... .I'll see myself out.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Nice GDT

I think the starting goalies will be grubauer and wedgewood

The game is at 10 pm eastern not 9pm FYI

Thanks for the info.

I somehow can't change the thread title. So maybe a mod can do that for me.

BTW: OK, so seems like Grubi's playing in the more winnable one, if you just look on paper.
Hakstol did the same thing with those back-to-backs against the Rangers and Oilers.

I like the GDT.

We just claimed Scott Wedgewood off waivers. He's an improvement over Carter Hutton, but still not very good. Since Vejmelka played last night, that likely means Wedgewood is in tonight. He has really bad rebound control off his goal pads, so maybe you can take advantage of that. Also, isn't the game at 7:00 Pacific, not 6:00? I live in Florida and it shows as 10:00 for me. Some kind of sorcery because DST ends tomorrow? (Being from Arizona I'm still not used to it.)

Yeah, I saw that.
Though, Wedgewood isn't anything special either so we should try and take advantage of that.

And yeah, it's 7:00 p.m. PT and 10:00 p.m. ET.

BTW: As tough as thi season's been so far for you guys, I think you might have found a keeper with Vejmelka.

Anyways, let's hope this is a good one.

Where's McCann? The Kraken need him badly he's a top 4-5 forward amongst the group for certain

Covid protocol and probably still missing some more games.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Thanks for the info.

BTW: OK, so seems like Grubi's playing in the more winnable one, if you just look on paper.
Hakstol did the same thing with those back-to-backs against the Rangers and Oilers.

That's a shame the Kraken could sure use his skating,passing and scoring

Yeah, I saw that.
Though, Wedgewood isn't anything special either so we should try and take advantage of that.

BTW: As tough as thi season's been so far for you guys, I think you might have found a keeper with Vejmelka.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I like the GDT.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I saw that.

Vejmelka has been confirmed starting tonight. Rare to see a goalie get starts back to back but it’s happening tonight.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The Coyotes have wanted Shane Wright since he was born...pathetic organization move the damm team!!!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Coyote D just seems to evaporate for long stretches.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Arizona Coyotes 1st overall in 2022,2023,2024 and 2025...Wright, and Michkov will help this sad sack franchise rise but do they deserve them...NO!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad