GDT: Game 12 | Los Angeles Kings @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC/TSN

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Absolutely hilarious line from Pierre, talking about Cleary "knowing where to go when you lose a draw." :laugh::laugh: Apparently, lose a board battle terribly and E scores the winner with little to no help from Cleary.

For some reason, Cleary is one of McGuire's favorites- not on the Crosby-level of man crushes, but there's a little something there.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yep, the Kings have terrible luck. They kicked our butts all over the ice. If not for Howard they win 5 or 6 to 3. I hope this means Jimmah is officially back on top of his game.

Howard's played exactly one bad game so far this year. Every other game he's been good enough or excellent. Not his fault the D-Corp has been terrible terrible up until the last 2 games and the forwards had trouble putting pucks in.

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
This is a huge game for Howard, more of the same, please Jimmy!:yo:

Quick was not so quick to close that 5-hole.

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
Pierre trolling us with the Cleary mention. He got abused in the corner.

I don't think he even touched the puck. It was all Doughty who coughed up the puck right on to Big Rigs stick. Cleary is simply worthless, he's just sucking precious oxygen at the ice rink. Pierre is, as always, wrong.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cleary made a nice play at the end of the game there, but he really can't play on a scoring line, his skating has declined to a pretty sad state.

My father asked me during the game "who's number 11, why is he always 20 feet behind the play everytime those two (filppula and dastyuk) go into the zone? Is he a defensemen?"

Thought that summed it up pretty nice.

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
What an awesome win. What more can you ask for? Howie with 45 saves. back 2 back wins in less than 24hours. Keep it rolling boys. GO WINGS!!!

RedWingsNow*

Howard was good. But the Kings shots were, for the most part, not very dangerous.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Absolutely hilarious line from Pierre, talking about Cleary "knowing where to go when you lose a draw." :laugh::laugh: Apparently, lose a board battle terribly and E scores the winner with little to no help from Cleary.

For some reason, Cleary is one of McGuirre's favorites- not on the Crosby-level of man crushes, but there's a little something there.

Oh they were besotted with him at CBC yesterday during Hockey Day in Canada. I think it's because he's a Newfie. Very few of those guys in the NHL who have won a Cup. Cleary's not a bad guy at all but it's obvious he's got nothing left.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Could LA be one of the biggest flukes we've seen? They were terrible all last season but Quick bailed them out. Now they're just as terrible but Quick isn't as good.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Cleary made a nice play at the end of the game there, but he really can't play on a scoring line, his skating has declined to a pretty sad state.

My father asked me during the game "who's number 11, why is he always 20 feet behind the play everytime those two (filppula and dastyuk) go into the zone? Is he a defensemen?"

Thought that summed it up pretty nice.

"Who's number 11? Why does he always take bad penalties? How is he still playing in the NHL? Why does he have so much IT compared to other forwards?"

All very good questions.
Could LA be one of the biggest flukes we've seen? They were terrible all last season but Quick bailed them out. Now they're just as terrible but Quick isn't as good.

They looked pretty dangerous all day today. I don't think they were a fluke or are a fluke.

gamefan14*

worth mentioning cleary won a faceoff today and kindl couldn't hang onto the puck

;p XD

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
knew the wings would get dominated by the kings today so to see them pull this out in the last 4 seconds makes this win even sweeter

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yep.
He'll have a hard time as a fourth liner in the NHL with that stride.

I thought he has looked pretty alright in those 2 games, but I don't think his skating is ever going to be good enough to be an NHLer. Hopefully Sheahan gets a call-up soon.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

You can't be serious. They owned us that game, we were lucky to win. Their forecheck and battles along the boards were too much for us. If not for Howard we would have given up 6 goals. It's ok to give another team credit. :shakehead

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
You can't be serious. They owned us that game, we were lucky to win. Their forecheck and battles along the boards were too much for us. If not for Howard we would have given up 6 goals. It's ok to give another team credit. :shakehead

It's more than this game - have you watched them this year? They're once again the lowest scoring team in the entire NHL and tied for last in the Western Conference.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Howard's played exactly one bad game so far this year. Every other game he's been good enough or excellent. Not his fault the D-Corp has been terrible terrible up until the last 2 games and the forwards had trouble putting pucks in.

He was definitely rough opening night and in the game against Columbus. I agree the defense hasn't helped him out much. I do like Ericsson and Lashoff in the top 4 as they are solid defensive defensemen. White is OK but he has issues with bigger forwards. Same deal with Kronwall. Abby's line came up big, we needed their size today in the 3rd period.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

When the Wings win this way, it's luck. When other teams beat the Wings this way, it's that they've got a hot goalie.

Let's tone it down on the double standards here. Sit back and enjoy the win.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Andersson looked slow today. He looked faster(albeit moderate speed) yesterday. So, was he tired or is he this slow? Beyond speed, he's showing 4th line tools. He needs average speed at worst though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad