GDT: Game #12|Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Washington fans saying we have an AHL lineup tonight and that our scoring is bad. Seems very ironic coming from a Washington team with no Ovechkin tonight to say the least.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Washington fans saying we have an AHL lineup tonight and that our scoring is bad. Seems very ironic coming from a Washington team with no Ovechkin tonight to say the least.

Funny that they are trash talking our team when theirs isn't much better.... and without ovi they would be worse than us, lol.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Funny that they are trash talking our team when theirs isn't much better.... and without ovi they would be worse than us, lol.

With Ovechkin they have 1.5 scoring lines and 2 4th lines.

Even with Ovechkin their lineup isn't that good. Backstrom has had a fall from grace, Semin is gone, Perreault is gone, Varlamov is gone, Ribeiro is gone, Green has had a fall from grace (not to the extent that Backstrom has but still), etc.

They're not much better then us in the standings with a healthy, producing Ovechkin for a reason. Their forward group is extremely top heavy in terms of scoring as evidenced by Ovechkin scoring on about half of their goals. There's Ovechkin, then a drop off to Backstrom, then a drop off to a Grabrovski that has cooled down a lot since the start of the season, then a bunch of semi-skilled semi-scoring players like Erat and Fehr and Laich and then a bunch of depth with no powerful scoring potential. So it's basically a two or three man team as far as offensive production from forwards go. Then at D they have Green then just a bunch of crap in terms of offense from the D. They'll be lucky to have two 40 point D out of that group.

Holtby came into the season vastly overrated. If you look at how many games he's played, how young he is, and how limited his actual NHL success is he's very unproven.

They also traded their best prospect for Martin Erat then played him for less then ten minutes a game on the 4th line for a long time. So there's that.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Having what most would consider the best goal scorer in the league and still being 18th in goals scored is a sign in it's own. For all the crap the Flyers get and their supposed "AHL lineup" we're actually 7th in goals against.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
I love that the Flyers have another player that won't take sh-t from anyone.

What I love is the fact that there is someone watching G's back. If someone takes liberties on him can expect to get their head knocked off. No pun intended.

Edit because I forgot to write my main point that that person can score also.

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
Even with Ovechkin their lineup isn't that good. Backstrom has had a fall from grace, Semin is gone, Perreault is gone, Varlamov is gone, Ribeiro is gone, Green has had a fall from grace (not to the extent that Backstrom has but still), etc.

They're not much better then us in the standings with a healthy, producing Ovechkin for a reason. Their forward group is extremely top heavy in terms of scoring as evidenced by Ovechkin scoring on about half of their goals. There's Ovechkin, then a drop off to Backstrom, then a drop off to a Grabrovski that has cooled down a lot since the start of the season, then a bunch of semi-skilled semi-scoring players like Erat and Fehr and Laich and then a bunch of depth with no powerful scoring potential. So it's basically a two or three man team as far as offensive production from forwards go. Then at D they have Green then just a bunch of crap in terms of offense from the D. They'll be lucky to have two 40 point D out of that group.

Holtby came into the season vastly overrated. If you look at how many games he's played, how young he is, and how limited his actual NHL success is he's very unproven.

They also traded their best prospect for Martin Erat then played him for less then ten minutes a game on the 4th line for a long time. So there's that.

They traded kuznetsov?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The kid I was arguing with on the Caps board is pretty slow... wow. I should know better than to try to argue with people who don't know what they're talking about and are too stubborn to realize it.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Starters: Mason, Gustafsson-Timonen, Downie-Giroux, Lecavalier,
Scratches: Rosehill, Gill, Meszaros.
Referees: Dennis LaRue (#14), Francois St. Laurent (#38)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It's like Christmas.

th

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 24s
#Caps are looking for a veteran D-man (Meszaros?) and reportedly are willing to trade winger Martin Erat. #Flyers

If I read #PagingErat one time I'm gonna lose it.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
4-2 Flyers win.

Slumping/frustrated Holtby is just what this team needs.

Goals by Roo, two by Lecavi and throw a Gus goal in their for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad