GDT: Game #12|Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I don't even want to watch right now, but I will because I don't follow any other sports and because I have no life.

Having a tough enough time with life as is, don't need the Flyers pissing me off every two or three nights.

I know that feeling.

That team drives me mad and every time I watch a game and they blow it. I just want to stay away from it for a couple of weeks but find myself checking Twitter and HFBoards the next day again and again. Can't break out of the cycle. Once a Flyer always a Flyers no matter how bad they are.

And on top of it I have enough time to follow every game this season because my girlfriend will spend the entire year in Korea for joint studies :laugh:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It appears that Ovechkin is may not be traveling to Philadelphia based on today's skate.

Ovi skating early with Erskine and strength/conditioning coach Mark Nemish. That means he won't be going to Philly. Day-to-day, upper body.

Source: Mike Vogel for the info.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I like Raffl's work ethicic and he can carry the puck into the zone well but kinda wish a more offensive player was brought up onto the wing. Don't even thing McGinn was that guy either. Other then his goals he didn't do anything offensively (didn't handle the puck well or control the play along the boards well.)

Can't find the article but I did read somewhere that Straka was a consideration on being brought up but with his injury he didn't. Kid was looking good in the AHL also.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
I know that feeling.

That team drives me mad and every time I watch a game and they blow it. I just want to stay away from it for a couple of weeks but find myself checking Twitter and HFBoards the next day again and again. Can't break out of the cycle. Once a Flyer always a Flyers no matter how bad they are.

And on top of it I have enough time to follow every game this season because my girlfriend will spend the entire year in Korea for joint studies :laugh:

You'd probably be better off spending some of those late nights you'd be watching games having some late night skype talks and other activities :naughty:.

I like Raffl's work ethicic and he can carry the puck into the zone well but kinda wish a more offensive player was brought up onto the wing. Don't even thing McGinn was that guy either. Other then his goals he didn't do anything offensively (didn't handle the puck well or control the play along the boards well.)

Can't find the article but I did read somewhere that Straka was a consideration on being brought up but with his injury he didn't. Kid was looking good in the AHL also.

Like someone else said, it would probably be a good idea to just have Raffl trade places with Read.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
This is a huge month coming up. We have a ton of games against some pretty bad teams(like us). More importantly we have 8 games in the next two weeks. After the game on the 15th, if we still are struggling to win games, I think it's time to admit this team just isn't good. I see frank s is trying to say its long term contracts are making this team complacent, it's starting to look like its just the team isn't good.

Maybe it's time for the flyers (if they are still piss poor by the 15th to start thinking about who to keep and who they might be willin to take offers on. Also let's see if snider has the patience to let hextall rebuild this team through high draft picks for 2 years, we already have some nice pieces to add to.

Hopefully they get the message and are capable of more, but the record the last two years has shown this team might just not be a well put together hockey team. Time will only tell

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Meszaros with Gill and no Gustafsson? If that actually happens...sweet Jesus words can't even describe.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meszaros with Gill and no Gustafsson? If that actually happens...sweet Jesus words can't even describe.

A pic can...

cone-markers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad