GDT: Game #12|Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Since we got Downie, who hits way more than Talbot and will fight, do we even want to keep up Rosehill? Or keep Rosehill around ever?

Rosehill's likely staying on the roster like it or not because of his two-year deal. I just hope they start sitting him more & only suit him up against the teams that stir **** & not teams like Anaheim.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Since we got Downie, who hits way more than Talbot and will fight, do we even want to keep up Rosehill? Or keep Rosehill around ever?

I'm sure he will be kept around in the pressbox filling in Shelley's seat, dressing him for when we face teams with heavyweights. It's business as usual I assume.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm really looking forward to this game now if only to see Downie play with us again. Aside from that though, for the sake of winning and not giving me a tumor please do these things Berube:

-Make Gill and Rosehill pressbox buddies for life.

-Play Gustafsson over Meszaros.

-And for the love of all that is holy and sweet and right in this world don't play Gill and Meszaros on the same pairing as well as Rosehill over Hall again. I wouldn't be able to take so many bad lineup decisions at once.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
I'm sure he will be kept around in the pressbox filling in Shelley's seat, dressing him for when we face teams with heavyweights. It's business as usual I assume.

Maybe after his deal is up, he can colour commentate with Shelley for CBJ! Seriously though, if you're not pumped for this game, I question if you have a pulse. I'm only able to catch the first period, and listen to the second on my way to work (Thank God for WIP's internet stream of the game!) Hopefully I'll be stationed somewhere I can sneak my phone ad listen to the 3rd period!

Heads-up for any one in the DC market (there are a few of us on here):

Cox Cable is indicating that this game is on the NHL Network and not CSN (which my guide indicates will be showing the Wizards during that time period).

I am setting the DVR. I know that typically the NHL Network is preempted for the local network when the game is in market. But it seems, in this case, the game will be on the NHL Network.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Question, if I get the NHL Network and CSN-PH has it too, will it get blacked out again? I won't be home anyway, but I can record it if it'll come through.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Steve Mason appears to be the starter based on today's session. There is a game tomorrow which means Emery could go then.

Downie is at today's skate.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Back to back wins tonight and tomorrow guys. Come on, lets get on this. I think another D lapse like the game against Tuesday, Holmgren pulls the trigger on a D trade next.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
so any announcement on the new line combos?

There didn't appear to be true line rushes at today's skate but indications are Downie will be paired with Lecavalier and Giroux.

Also, Gustafsson and Hall look to be playing tonight; Rosehill and Meszaros the apparent scratches.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
There didn't appear to be true line rushes at today's skate but indications are Downie will be paired with Lecavalier and Giroux.

Also, Gustafsson and Hall look to be playing tonight; Rosehill and Meszaros the apparent scratches.

Smart. He's played with talented player before, it doesn't disrupt the 2nd & 3rd for now. Lets them keep playing without any juggling.

So 4th is Raffl/Hall/Rinaldo?

That could be a pretty decent 4th

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Smart. He's played with talented player before, it doesn't disrupt the 2nd & 3rd for now. Lets them keep playing without any juggling.

So 4th is Raffl/Hall/Rinaldo?

That could be a pretty decent 4th

Unless they tinker with the second or third lines, that appears to be the fourth line. There wasn't a full practice today. Hall will probably get the bulk of Talbot's PK duties.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Anybody got pics of Downie at practice?

BX_gVjvCAAA52Uk.jpg

Source photo: Sarah Baicker @ CSN (Twitter).

-------------------

Per Sam @ the Inq.:

Downie: "I got chills when I walked into this rink this morning. There aren't many markets like this." #Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad