GDT: Game 12: Coyotes @ Sharks | 2-9-13 | 2PM | FSA and NHLN

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Does Doan need to sit out a game? Between his stupid penalties and uselessness on the offensive side and unwillingness to hit, i think he needs a night off.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I'm tired of seeing the Vermette Doan Korpikoski line out as the 'top powerplay' unit and have them waste a good 1:10 of the 2:00. Start with the Hanzal line. They are much better on the Powerplay.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Does Doan need to sit out a game? Between his stupid penalties and uselessness on the offensive side and unwillingness to hit, i think he needs a night off.

A night.. or two

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Boedker should have shot but I think he got distracted when he saw it was Vrbata trailing on the play and he wanted to pass. Vrbata's deadly in those situations. Not an excuse though. Still love watching Boedker, a lot of trade proposals are gonna start popping up for him soon enough.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Having $ 15 M / yr locked for the next 4 years on Doan, Yandle & Michalek is tough to swallow right now. I have no hope in either of those 3 ever playing better than they have over the past year. There's zero upside there.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Boedker should have shot but I think he got distracted when he saw it was Vrbata trailing on the play and he wanted to pass. Vrbata's deadly in those situations. Not an excuse though. Still love watching Boedker, a lot of trade proposals are gonna start popping up for him soon enough.

I agree, and I'm not knocking him at all. Its easy to say he made a poor choice while we sit in our living rooms or in the stands. it happens. I think he and Vrbata are by far our best offensive players. which is why i don't understand how the Vermette Doan line is Tippetts top choice on the powerplay right now.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Our offense can be summed up as Boedker, Vrbata, Hanzal, Korpikoski, Johnson, Gordon & Chipchurra, witha nice effort by Moss tonight.

Our top line blows.

RafaNadal

Jul 8, 2011
Our offense can be summed up as Boedker, Vrbata, Hanzal, Korpikoski, Johnson, Gordon & Chipchurra, witha nice effort by Moss tonight.

Our top line blows.

Shane Doan just isnt top line material. More like a third liner...

Oh and great. Hanzal out again.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Shane Doan just isnt top line material. More like a third liner...

When he's physical, he is top line material. He's able to generate a ton of space and score clutch goals. I'm just not sure he's got in him anymore.

Vermette definitely isn't opt line material. To me, he's as much a problem as Doan is. He's soft and creates nothing.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I'm not feeling confident if this thing goes to OT. Sharks top line will take that extra space and make the most of it.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think that's what they call "Coyote hockey".

I always thought that was being opportunistic with a heavy forecheck to actually get a goal here and there.

I'm not saying we're not trying to score, but we're doing such a bad job of it that it almost looks like we're not trying to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad