GDT: Game 12: Columbus vs. Carolina | 11/4 7PM EST

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Classic Jackets. Suck 3/4 of the game and be down by 2 or more goals, get it within 1 for the final 2 minutes and get everyone excited only to fall short. We go on feeling like they played well even though they played like crap :laugh: You know you've read the book before

Nah. There's no polishing this turd.

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Johnson does not deserve an a on his jersey

I wouldn't go that far, and I wouldn't put the whole game on him, but man...That was a very poor 6-on-5 play by JJ.

That said, it's early. I just really hate watching these guys commit turnovers and chase the puck, especially against the WhalerCanes. Time to tighten things up, boys, injuries or not.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
We lost to the better team. But there is many reasons for that. These guys will feel so bad when the coach is fired.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
The Jackets got Jack Johnson and the Kings have Carter, Gabby, and 2 cups...

Guess the Kings knew something the Jackets didnt

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Guys, it's not early so stop saying that. Jackets will need at least 85 points in the last 70 games to make the playoffs (1.21 points/game). That's going to be close to impossible.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
These fans deserve better. They are actually showing up but it looks like they are gonna lose their support if they keep up these uninspired performances at home.... That crowd rocks

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
just as a news flash - after Friday, our opponents for the rest of November have a combined record of 64-41-14....it'll take a lot to not be out of it by Turkey Day

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
Guys, it's not early so stop saying that. Jackets will need at least 85 points in the last 70 games to make the playoffs (1.21 points/game). That's going to be close to impossible.

Yup, that's why you shouldn't make excuses. The organization is constantly telling us they expect more. Well why don't you show it? No signings or trade deals in the wake of the injuries and Horton ordeal... Where is this 'winning mentality' they keep shoving down our throats in every commercial?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah let's fire Jarmo because injuries are his fault and he's a terrible drafter, what would he know about using 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of the upcoming draft?
The team clearly needed an upgrade to reach the next level and Jarmo responded by signing Gibbons/Hjalmarsson, not upgrading the back-up goalie position or the top 2 defense pairings and making panic waiver pickups in Skille/Cracknell.

Those 6 picks in next years draft are meaningless in this argument. The Jackets will be lucky if 1 of those guys would even be able to contribute to the NHL squad in the next 3 years.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Team started last season at 5-10 in the first 15 last season.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
Giving away Gabby for the Kings trash (and paying the rest of his salary to boot) shook my trust in Jarmo. Epic fail of a trade that was.

The lack of support he has given the team so far only adds to my distrust.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
The team clearly needed an upgrade to reach the next level and Jarmo responded by signing Gibbons/Hjalmarsson, not upgrading the back-up goalie position or the top 2 defense pairings and making panic waiver pickups in Skille/Cracknell.

Those 6 picks in next years draft are meaningless in this argument. The Jackets will be lucky if 1 of those guys would even be able to contribute to the NHL squad in the next 3 years.
At the rate we're going I guarantee you 1 of those guys would be able to contribute much sooner than you think :(

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jackets have $6.4 million in cap space now and over $10 million when Horton finally hits LTIR. Jarmo is getting what he deserves by sitting around all summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad