Forsberg

Inactive
Collins, Cracknell

Injured
Anisimov, Bobrovsky, Dubinsky, Goloubef, Horton, Letestu, Tropp, Wisniewski​

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
A should-win and a must-win game pretty much. Getting Calvert and Jenner back should be a huge boost. I can't wait.
Would love to see Forsberg in net rather than C-Mac, though. Forsberg looked great against the Devils. He really impressed me. C-Mac needs to play at the level he did last season. He's been medicore at best so far.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't know if tonight is a should win. Would have been when season started but now who knows. Hopefully Jenner isn't too rusty and Semin doesn't drop a hattie on us.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Don't know if tonight is a should win. Would have been when season started but now who knows. Hopefully Jenner isn't too rusty and Semin doesn't drop a hattie on us.

Well, the Jackets have traditionally always been pretty successful against teams that were in the Southeast division. So I'm kinda just going off of that haha.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Tonight should be a should win, but Mac in net so we can count on 1-2 rebound goals going their way. Just because these haven't happened yet, they will catch up with you when you give rebounds on 90% of shots faced. Bob needs to be back by Saturday.

I like keeping Jenner on the wing. If Wennberg can finally win some faceoffs he stands a good chance to finally score a goal tonight. Should be a good forechecking line that will be able to get him the puck, so I would bet on that.

I'll say CBJ 4-3 in OT. Wennberg, Johansen, Savard, Jenner w/G's.

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I see this being a high-scoring game. Something like 5-4. I see a lot more firepower on Carolina than I do on the Jackets. Better play a physical game.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Also why is skinner on the fourth line?

To answer your question as to why he is on that line (whether it is 3rd or 4th) is because the last two games, the lines of Gerbe-Nash-Lindholm and Boychuk-Rask-Terry (who have chemistry from the AHL) have performed well and the coach didn't want to mess with them. With Semin returning to the line-up, Peters wants to put him (Semin) where he see's him long term (with Tlusty and Staal). Therefore, it only leaves 1 spot left for Skinner.

Coach came right out and said this was not a demotion, just didn't want to change too much from the last two games (which were the only wins). I suspect you'll see some shuffling based on game situations though (ie..Gerbe playing with McClement/Dwyer if it is a key faceoff in the D-zone and Skinner up on another line in the offensive zone or if more scoring is needed).

I'll be surprised if Skinner get's much less (if at all) TOI than he has been receiving which is in the 15-17min/game range.

Last edited:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
That Jenner - Wennberg - Calvert line should be interesting to watch.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'd say the result depends entirely on if our D keeps people away from prime scoring areas. Haven't been cutting it most nights.

I want to see Boone show the guys that he really is future C material and come out with some serious snarl. Might be hoping for much since he probably has some rust to shake first

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I don't understand how you can not be concerned of him being injury prone

Being concerned and saying...

MURRAY HURT AGAIN WHAT A SUPRISE
I say it time and time again he is made of glass

...are two entirely different things. Yes, I have concern, but I am also not 'concerned' or worried, nor do I believe Murray is 'made of glass'. Why not? Small sample size. He's had two relatively major injuries. He's recovered from one of these already, played quite well afterward, in fact.

He's still recovering from the second. I don't know what 'setback' means with Richards, and I suppose it means it's showing some swelling and tenderness. I wouldn't call it a new injury, and therefore, I won't panic. His recovery from the knee injury and surgery has been slow, but not all knee surgeries are alike, so it's pretty difficult to judge whether it is a 'slow' recovery or not based on what little we actually know about it.

The 'glass' comments are premature, IMO. He's had some bad luck having two relatively major injuries so close together at the beginning of his career, but categorizing him with Klesla, Modin etc is just kind of a silly overreaction.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I say it time and again that some poster's heads are full of concrete, too, but where does it get me?

I find myself asking this same question pretty much every day. My only solution is to continue harping on the same points over and over in a more aggressive manner until they understand.:sarcasm:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I'll be at the game. Go us

Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll be there, again, too. I actually left early on Friday, something I very rarely do; but that game was not only bad, it was boring. It's really hard for NHL hockey to bore me, but they managed it on Friday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad