GDT: Game 12: Columbus vs. Carolina | 11/4 7PM EST

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
I think Friday if we can get Foligno to play goalie then we can have Foligno center the first line between Foligno and Foligno so he can take most of the draws. Then if Coach Foligno can get the Professor and Mary Anns to play at least somewhat consistently decent we may be able to Foligno ourselves to a Foligno!

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
And had to play at a breakneck pace and count on the Devils shootout ineptitude just to squeeze out a wild card spot.

Yea they went on an 8 game winning streak too lol what I would give for just a single win at this point.... I just want them to be relevant...

What a year to host the all star game...

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Guys, it's not early so stop saying that. Jackets will need at least 85 points in the last 70 games to make the playoffs (1.21 points/game). That's going to be close to impossible.

CBJ were 5-10 as of 11/07/13. I'll concede that it's no longer early, but "close to impossible" sounds more like the frustration we feel as a fan base right now.

If CBJ aren't at .500 (pts) by Jan 1 I will buy you a beer and shot of your choice next time you are in Cowtown. I love our team; they're just banged up to hell right now.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I can't remember the last time I left a game early before tonight. About half-way through the 3rd I finally had enough.

Richards was absolutely fuming in the post-game (for him, at least). Question is whether he can light a fire under these guys.

Shout out to the Jacket fans - 15,638 on a Tuesday in November against Carolina. Too bad they were treated to that turd.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
On another note... Can anyone tell me the last time the Jackets actually scored with an empty net? I can't say I've ever seen it myself

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I think Friday if we can get Foligno to play goalie then we can have Foligno center the first line between Foligno and Foligno so he can take most of the draws. Then if Coach Foligno can get the Professor and Mary Anns to play at least somewhat consistently decent we may be able to Foligno ourselves to a Foligno!
Friday? Don't you mean Folignoday?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i hate *****ing about the refs...but wow was Peel's crew awful...

not to say we didn't play bad, b/c we did, but couldn't get into a flow b/c everytime we tried, we had a penalty called on us...and I counted at least 5 BLATANT non calls on them...not the ticky tack ones, but play altering ones...

CMac was bad, .917 or not...

JJ...that was terrible, I tried to give the benefit of the doubt, but terrible...

can't say enough about Foligno tonight...

Boone will get back to game shape shortly

we need murray and arty back...(among others)

logging back off, b/c I'm still angry at that performance

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
So if we, just a bunch of talking heads, consider this team, is this once in a lifetime or burning down the house or have we gone completely psycho killer?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No sugar coating that one. A complete **** show from everyone on the team. From Johnson's powerplay turnover, to McElhinney's rebound control, to Hartnell's questionable penalties. The officiating wasn't good, but when you run around like goons the entire game you deserve everything you get coming to you. We got double the amount of shots against at one point in the third. DOUBLE. At HOME. Seriously? A complete joke.

Everyone not named Foligno should be embarrassed. I give Jenner and Calvert (to an extent, since he actually has played this season) a pass since they've been injured and just got back. But everyone else, just horrible. What did we have, like 24 shots? Carolina had that by early 2nd period. Just a complete gong show.

People are going to blame the refs, and sure Hartnell had a few questionable calls against. But when you're running around all game chasing these guys the refs have no other choice. In reality Jack deserved a major (He'll get 2 games probably) for that hit. And Erixon's pick behind the net was blatant. When you wait until the last 5 minutes of the 3rd to finally start playing, you deserve to lose.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Since it was such a similar game, here is the real leader of this team Dubi talking after last November's debacle vs. NYR. Foligno did the team proud tonight but holy crap do we ever need this guy back in the room.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
More and more I think Dubie's absence is really noticeable. "C" on his jersey or not. That guy is the one who seemed to make everyone else accountable and will ten to play "BlueJackets hockey".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad