GDT: Game #12 Columbus Blue Jackets @ San Jose SHARKS 11/3/15 7:30pm PST CSNCa

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Pundits also said the Sharks were going to be shaky and the Blue Jackets were going to be good.

I dunno war's going on. You guys are watching closer than I am. But I'd definitely rather the lows happen now. Plenty of time to improve.

Well we are shaky and Columbus has not been that bad. A few bad luck losses away from being .500 or close to it.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Since we're all complaining about players, put me in the 'unimpressed with Donskoi so far' club.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
As he did in the offseason after he made his big splashes. Wilson still has a boat loads of work to do. What wilson did this offseason was good if the sharks were already top contenders and he made those moves to put the sharks over the top. We all know the sharks were not even close to being contenders and we still aren't after the moves.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
they are not! we are a .500 team!
this has nothing to do with drama, just facts!

we are missing one of our most important players since the 5th game of the season, along with a lot of important depth. without the new additions we're scraping the bottom of the league.

And that's going to happen, big deal. I'm not worried about jones, this was his first really 'bad' game in my opinion, couple of iffy ones, and a bunch of really great games so far. Bobrovsky started the season like total garbage, and you don't see the Jackets looking to trade him. Even the best goalies have bad games, Jones has a very long way to go before he's the 'problem' on this team.

yup he didn't have much of a chance on at least half the goals, and i'm not one to ever use that term. i'm still amazed by how often this season teams have gotten goals in the very very top corner off of deflections. i think there's been a lot of flukiness so far.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Well we are shaky and Columbus has not been that bad. A few bad luck losses away from being .500 or close to it.

Yeah that's what I mean. It's not like the Jackets are like being beaten up by the Sabres and Oilers last season. They're actually supposed to be a good team. There was and still is a lot of questions about how this Shorks team is gonna play out.

Since we're all complaining about players, put me in the 'unimpressed with Donskoi so far' club.

Perimeter player. Likes the pretty passes and having time and space. He's been okay considering he's had absolutely zero seasoning in this league.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

He probably had his best offensive game today for what it's worth. In a general sense, I agree but I think there's a decent chance that he starts trending up.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He probably had his best offensive game today for what it's worth. In a general sense, I agree but I think there's a decent chance that he starts trending up.

agree with this, but i wonder if it was because the jackets were giving up space to him to play the joes harder?

there were still a couple of bad exchanges where donskoi got too close to thornton and made an exchange that just ended up killing the cycle. and he passed up a wide open defenseman to pass to thornton.

on the upside these are the kind of things that time on ice together improves.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
I unfortunately witnessed this abortion of a game live...

Was Dillon as bad as I thought? Holy **** he was awful out there. How did he look on TV?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I unfortunately witnessed this abortion of a game live...

Was Dillon as bad as I thought? Holy **** he was awful out there. How did he look on TV?

Dillon looked Stuart/Wallin/Huskins/Colin White-esque out there.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
dillon ... man. who is in charge of coaching d-men? he's just making mistakes nonstop.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Dillon has been awful. How much is he getting?

Cap hit is 3.270 for five years. This year we also have $1.19 retained from Demers but that comes off the books after this year.

Actual salary ranges from 2.75 - 3.9.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Donskoi was one of the highlights of the game. Dan and Hedican agree. Not sure what some of you are watching or expecting. Hertl also had a strong game as did JT and Pavs. The bottom six were time fillers. The refs were atrocious. 4 blatant missed calls right in front of their faces.

Jones has a better game and who knows, though those were some well placed pucks / fluky goals and Burns called Jones off on that one behind the net.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
I know we sucked and stuff and the game wasn't that chill but I gotta say. Those jerseys looked pretty dope on the ice.

I saw them live and that was really the one good thing besides Pavelski was seeing the team skate in those beauties. I wouldn't mind seeing them go full time in those jerseys. At the least they should replace the black armor thirds with them.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
Dillon trade/contract looks awful.

Jury is still out on the Jones acquisition, but right now it's trending in the wrong direction. Perhaps if that deal goes bad, we might finally see the end Wilson's reign of error.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
The biggest disappointments for me this season have been:
1)PK
2)Dillon
3)PP
4)Tierney(Only because I was high on him coming into the season)

Really starting to get nervous that our 1st wasn't lottery protected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad